MBB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by WoosterFAN, January 27, 2005, 10:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

I remember exactly the sequence you are referring to with regard to the multiple O rebounds and the ultimate putback. And yes, they certainly were hot from downtown that night. After beating the Woo guys Fri, expectations were very high against Hanover the next night, but the Cardinals forgot how to make layups which killed them.
After they lost their best all-around player, a pre-season All-American, for the season in only their 7th game, many thought they would have a hard time even finishing 4th in the highly competitive CCIW and qualifying for the conference tournament. However, several other guys stepped up and they collectively found a new identity and rallied late to get that 4th spot. Then, in the conference tourney they defeated the #1 and #3 seeds to get the AQ and go on to beat Woo. Truth is, they should have won Sat night too. With only losing one senior, NCC should have a strong presence next season.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: AndOne on March 06, 2017, 05:21:35 PM
I remember exactly the sequence you are referring to with regard to the multiple O rebounds and the ultimate putback. And yes, they certainly were hot from downtown that night. After beating the Woo guys Fri, expectations were very high against Hanover the next night, but the Cardinals forgot how to make layups which killed them.
After they lost their best all-around player, a pre-season All-American, for the season in only their 7th game, many thought they would have a hard time even finishing 4th in the highly competitive CCIW and qualifying for the conference tournament. However, several other guys stepped up and they collectively found a new identity and rallied late to get that 4th spot. Then, in the conference tourney they defeated the #1 and #3 seeds to get the AQ and go on to beat Woo. Truth is, they should have won Sat night too. With only losing one senior, NCC should have a strong presence next season.

Strong, yes, but the OTHER pre-season AA on the team is graduating.

AndOne

Yes he is, but in 2018, NOT this year.
So next season, it looks like NCC having 2 All-Americans is a very real possibility.  ;D

hotdawg

Quote from: AndOne on March 06, 2017, 05:21:35 PM

To Say NC 'should' have won is a stretch. They did miss a ton of layups... many in transition when Hanover had at least one guy back playing smart defense and not fouling. NC (Henry especially) kept forcing up contested layups instead of pulling the ball out and working some offense when no advantage was to be had. NC looked to me like a team with a few very good players and not much depth - I think Hanover has the better team and wins that game more times than not.

nuscottsfan

hello all and to Scotts fans in particular. i haven't been on the boards since '12 but still follow the Scotts with my son. the reason i'm posting today is that i was wondering if anyone knows how to get a hold of/purchase game videos of Wooster Men's Basketball? in particular the 2011 National Semi Final game vs Williams? (preferably with sounds, etc.) i've googled and searched online and can't come up with anything so i thought i'd pick the brains of Wooster Nation

Joe Wally

Parker Manges, a 6'3, 190lb, SG from Homestead High School in Fort Wayne, will be playing basketball for Wabash this winter.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4880779/parker-manges

pennstghs

Any insight as to the decision of Mitch Balser to transfer from Wooster to Wittenberg? Seems like a rare transfer decision. Wittenberg has a great recruiting class coming in so needless to say Balser will help Witt with some backcourt and point guard experience to offset some graduations.
WE ARE.................PENN STATE!
"Let's GO WITT"

imderekpoe

Wooster has posted (most of) their schedule for 2017-18.

The Scots again open with Oberlin as part of the Al Van Wie/Wooster Rotary Classic.
The teams for the Mose Hole tournament Dec 29-30 are not yet listed.
There will be the usual December trip, this year to Orlando for the Mauro Panaggio Tournament. They will play St Joseph's (ME) then Brockport or Whittier.
Other non-conference games are Medaille, at St John Fisher, and Hanover.

http://www.woosterathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/schedule

Pops33

Wooster is scrimmaging Ohio State on Sunday, November 5th, according to Ohio State's website.  http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/osu-m-baskbl-sched.html

Wooster Booster

Quote from: pennstghs on May 27, 2017, 08:52:16 PM
Any insight as to the decision of Mitch Balser to transfer from Wooster to Wittenberg? Seems like a rare transfer decision. Wittenberg has a great recruiting class coming in so needless to say Balser will help Witt with some backcourt and point guard experience to offset some graduations.

I have no idea why he left but I'm happy that he's gone.  One less Republican in Wayne County.

imderekpoe

Quote from: imderekpoe on August 10, 2017, 07:59:23 PM
Wooster has posted (most of) their schedule for 2017-18.

The Scots again open with Oberlin as part of the Al Van Wie/Wooster Rotary Classic.
The teams for the Mose Hole tournament Dec 29-30 are not yet listed.
There will be the usual December trip, this year to Orlando for the Mauro Panaggio Tournament. They will play St Joseph's (ME) then Brockport or Whittier.
Other non-conference games are Medaille, at St John Fisher, and Hanover.

http://www.woosterathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/schedule

The Scots will be playing WPI on Dec 29 as part of the Mose Hole/Wooster Kiwanis Classic. 
The Dec 30 game will be against either Alma or Emory & Henry.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

smedindy

Wabash 5th out of 10. Not bad - let's get a home game for the NCAC Tourney!

hotdawg

Wittenberg beats Mount St Joseph 78 to 74 to start the Season. Nice win over MSJ who was picked 2nd in the HCAC coming off a 20 win season.

Big three from Mitch Balser when MSJ cut the lead to 2 late in the game. Welcome to Witt Mitch!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Witt looked pretty good.  Having the foreign trip, I think, helped them be ready to go early.  Those sophomores are something - this will certainly be a team to watch moving forward, and maybe this year.  They get Birmingham Southern tomorrow, much, much bigger team - so we'll see how they respond.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere