MBB: NEWMAC

Started by nehoops4life, March 03, 2005, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nehoops4life

I think I used the wrong spelling of "berth" in that last post ... whatever.  I love when I don't proofread my posts.  Makes me look wicked smaht!

WPIStudent

Western CT won their first round game against Endicott so we're facing West Conn on Saturday. They have, in the 6-6 powerhouse from the Ivory Coast - Brice Assie, supposedly one of the best big men in the nation, and he's undoubtedly going to be a major factor on Saturday. Well I dont think its going to be a problem because our own big men Scott Misaziek and Antowain Coleman are going to have an incredible game and contain him, and maybe even stuff him a couple of times ;) http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0> I'm really looking forward to the contest and the game as a whole! GO TECH!

Springfield beat Norwich quite handily but now they're on the road to Amherst, sooooooo..... well lets see what happens there.

wpifan

I don't know if Misaziek or Coleman will be able to handle Assie. Misaziek is not strong enough inside and Coleman is still a freshman. I just hope Cain and our outside game is on, we will need it to open up the inside a little.If we get out put from Steele & Flynn we should be ok! Man for man I think we are a better team.This game should prove how far we have come in the Northeast or how far we need to go.

Hoops Fan

Endicott only lost because the strength of their team (a very strong backcourrt just choked).  They were missing their best shooter and the two guards who weren't hurt went 4-20 from three.

Assie scored 21, but allowed the EC big man 22.  I think Assie will get his points no matter who you put on him.  That should not be the focus of your game.  If you have solid guard play and decent perimeter defense, WConn isn't much of a challenge.

They are a strong team with good discipline and talent, but they can be beat with a disciplined defense and decent scouting.

Just so long as the post players don't run and hide, Cain should be able to wreak some havoc.  It would be a huge suprise to me if WPI won by less than 12 or 15.

nehoops4life

I am sure Bartley will have a perfect scout on WConn ... Im sure he was even at the game last night too.  If there is one area WPI won't be beat on, it is preparation.

wpifan

Hoops Fan:
Everybody made it sound like Assie walks on water. If he is not a denfensive player Misaziek and Coleman should handle him. One player does not win or lose a game. Hopefully this will be on some web-broadcast for me to listen to! Tech give them HELL! Scott be tough inside and play smart!

Pat Coleman

WPIFAN, it won't be from us if it's on the air. We asked if there were phone lines available and got no response.

diehardfan

Wow, that's really a shame, someone needs to give their SI office some friendly encouragement to be a little more responsive. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

Pat Coleman

I had heard from one of our broadcasters that he'd heard they had no phone lines in the gym. I was looking for a clarification.

It's too late for us to rejigger the schedule to get there now (especially since Ramapo installed a line we can use and we are already rejiggering for them), but we are always planning ahead for future rounds -- and seasons -- as well.

wpifan

Thanks everybody for your fast response to my request! WPI really has one of the nicest basketball gyms in the Northeast. It is a shame and I find it hard to believe that there are no phone lines in the gym. This is Worcester polytechnic institute of tech. You would think somebody could come up with a way of broadcasting the game for fans.Come on WPI, you have alot of fans that would love to be there but can't. Oh well, maybe something could be done for the next round!

nehoops4life

Wheaton 85, Western New England 62

WC was up by as much as 36 at one point.  at home vs. Rode Island College tomorrow

Good luck to both the Pride and Engineers tomorrow ... always nice to see the NEWMAC advance far in the tourney since nobody ever seems to want to give our conference respect!

wpifan

NEHoops:
It is great to hear that Wheaton is doing well in the ECAC. Your right ! The NEWMAC is representing itself well. Let's not forget about Springfield! I hope they knock off Amherst.
Good luck to all teams!!!!
I know Bartley will have WPI ready!

wpifan

Congrats to WPI on their win over W. Conn 79-77.
Details of the game to follow. Next stop York ( PA )

wpifan

Congrats on Wheatons win over Rhode Island 78-66 and their ECAC Championship!
NEWMAC NEWMAC !!!!!!!!

geronimo

Amherst 81 - Springfield 68.

The Pride played well and had Amherst in foul trouble.  Amherst's bench came up big.  

Springfield's best player is the little kid with the headband who shows off his streetball moves during warmups!  Who is that kid.  He's legendary!