Author Topic: MBB: Little East  (Read 446565 times)

Online 7express

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: Little East
« Reply #3555 on: November 16, 2017, 12:47:15 am »
My 2017-18 LEC predictions:

1) Eastern Connecticut (12-2)
1) Keene State (12-2)
3) Western Connecticut (9-5)
4) UMass-Dartmouth (8-6)
5) UMass-Boston (6-8)
6) Plymouth State (5-9)
7) RI College (4-10)
7) USM (4-10)

Western finished in sole possession of last place last year despite finishing with a .500 overall record, they are due for a corrective trend back up to the mean.  Outside of Bobby Bynum who had 1 year of eligibility left but is not on the roster (January transfer, transferred out, decided not to play who the hell knows??) they have most of the guys back from last year's team.  And I have a feeling they'll play a lot better this year then they did the second half of last season, and by the time February rolled around they completely threw in the towel.  Keene is still the favorite to get back to the NCAA's and to make a deep run with the Dizel Wright/Ty Nichols back court duo for 1 final year.  Eastern will be right up there with them again.  Unless Western completely revamped the defensive side of the ball, the semifinals is their ceiling.  They won't be able to outscore Wright & Nichols, and god forbid them putting up 80+ on Eastern's defensive.  Speaking of Eastern, I think this is a good year to finally beat them.  I think Eastern has won like 14 of the last 16 in the series, and the final 2 games last year Eastern put up over 200 combined points.

LEC tournament predictions:
Boston beats Dartmouth (4-5 game), all other high seeds (Western #3, Keene #2, Eastern #1) advance.  Keene over Eastern in the finals again, and Eastern joins Keene in the NCAA tournament.

MVP:
Ty Nichols- Keene State

First team:
Nichols- Keene State
Tarchee Brown- Eastern Connecticut
Rashard Rodriguez- Western Connecticut
Dizel Wright- Keene State
Joshua Imadiyi- Dartmouth
Sean jany- Southern Maine
Twitter: twitter.com/maxl100
http://maxdavidlyonssports.blogspot.com/

Offline AllStar

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: November 16, 2017, 02:55:21 am »
Keene, which has a ton of new faces and a young team, has plenty of work to do after their season opener, thatís for sure.

Offline WPI89

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: Yesterday at 09:34:25 pm »
Eastern wins. Faces WPI tomorrow  fun early game!

Offline ECSUalum

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: Today at 08:01:44 am »
Eastern wins. Faces WPI tomorrow  fun early game!
WPI it should be a good game, however I hope Eastern plays better than yesterday!  I counted +/- 10 blown layups!  They will be missing Hugh Lindo's scoring, defensive and especially rebounding prowess this year and have a big hole to fill!  However, they have one excellent freshman and a couple of good Sophomore transfers, one from from Keene St!  Carlos Gonzales will be huge for them this year and may compete with T Brown in offensive stats and LEC honors. Contributions from sharpshooter K Marquez should also be significant!
If ECSU can stay out of year end injuries which has plagued them over the last couple years, and the young players mature well, they should have an excellent season and playoffs!