Author Topic: MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference  (Read 399781 times)

Offline Falcons 25

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
Re: MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference
« Reply #3120 on: August 12, 2018, 01:21:56 pm »
Albertus Magnus recruiting news: Commitments

1. Qualon Wilkes- solid point guard- Bassick (Bridgeport): 3-yr. captain, 5`,11" 1st Team All State

14.5 pts/ 5 assts./ 3 steals per game

2.Andrew Rice- 6`, 4" Guard/forward- Hamden Hall- 15 pts/ 8 reb. per game

3.Rashawn Brewer- 6`, 6" forward- Hillhouse(New Haven)

4.Jahrell Spence- 6`, 2" guard-one year @ Watkinson school (Hartford)- (after Hartford Public)- 28 pts/ 5 assts. per game!

5. Ed Popolizio- 6`, 3" wing- East Haven High School- big-time scorer- "college project".

GO FALCONS!

Offline Falcons 25

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: August 14, 2018, 05:37:28 pm »
Albertus Magnus College 2018 commitment information:

Rashawn Brewer: averaged a double/double (pts./reb.) last year for Hillhouse - New Haven

personal note: he is a freshman who can contribute on the boards immediately

scoring not so much (as a Freshman)

Good team player- plays "D" well.

Offline Falcons 25

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: August 29, 2018, 10:00:22 pm »
The GNAC men`s schedule is out! (See G.N.A.C web site)
Looks like Albertus plays: N.Y.U., Keene State, Middlebury at home. (Also Babson @ Western CT.!)
Check it out!

Offline Falcons 25

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: September 17, 2018, 06:17:43 pm »
Correction: AMC plays BOWDOIN @ Western Connecticut!

Offline Falcons 25

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: September 22, 2018, 05:30:33 pm »
AMC is playing in a tournament @ Western Ct State in Danbury on Nov.16-17.
Nov. 16 they play Bowdoin. Worcester State plays Western CT. on Nov. 16.
Championship on Saturday.

Offline D3HoopJunkie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: September 22, 2018, 09:22:37 pm »
Lots of catching up to do. Been away from the boards for a while now but looking forward to the upcoming season for the Falcons and GNAC play.

Falcons25, great job keeping the board informed on some Albertus recruiting and scheduling news.

First off, a huge congratulations is in order to both JQ Walters and Amir Maddred for signing professional contracts to play overseas. A great opportunity for the both of them and I look forward to seeing their success play out over the season.

Some interesting changes are in line for the upcoming season in GNAC play. With the addition of the new teams that have joined the conference it appears that each team will only be playing each other once a year now in conference play instead of years past where we would play each team twice. Not to mention the addition of Jim Calhoun as a new coach within the GNAC conference. A 12 team league should be quite interesting and we'll have to see how this affects teams SOS numbers and post season at large opportunities.

As Falcons25 already mentioned, it looks like a strong recruiting class once again for Coach Oliver, specifically with a large number of "true" freshman signed on and committed to help the Albertus program for the next 4 seasons. I haven't seen any JUCO players mentioned yet but I have heard and can confirm that Oliver secured a 6'7 JUCO transfer forward who is supposed to be an outstanding talent that will help fill the void that JQ has left us with following his stellar career. I am working on getting a name for this player along with a few other JUCOs who I was told committed.

Should be one heck of an interesting year for the Falcons. It cant be understated how valuable and important JQ Walters was to this team over the last 2 season. You simply cant replace a talent like Walters but what you can do is focus on whats returning and work on getting back to the NCAA tourney and that is what Oliver has shown he can do better than any other Coach in the GNAC conference. The level of success he has sustained over his years with Albertus is remarkable.

We still have a ton of experienced players returning including some great guards in Ryan Pittman and Jahmerikah Green Younger who I feel has a a great shot at being our going to player for the season and IMO will compete for GNAC player of the year, I believe he is that talented.

Planning on doing an in depth season preview once we get closer to go time. I can't wait for the season to start!!!