MBB: NEWMAC

Started by nehoops4life, March 03, 2005, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterEscobar

Quote from: whyDiii on January 20, 2017, 05:12:29 PM
It should be interesting to see what happens the second time around in the NEWMAC! Babson has been very impressive playing from behind and the experience is surely there. MIT has impressed thus far even without Jomard.
I think most of the NEWMAC is on pins and needles waiting to see when Jomard is returning... Looked like he was still shielding his injured hand walking out of the game the other night from my vantage point.

WPI89

Is Dave announcing the Babson game?  Sounds just like him if it is not.  Only watched 2 minutes.  Clark had a chance to go up - then Babson hit 2 3's in a row to likely end the Clark hopes.  Announcer said - the Dam has Broken - good line when dealing with Beavers...............................

amh63

WPI89...clever post!...plus K

rlk

Bradley Jomard is back.  With a triple double (15 pts, 10 ast, 17 reb), no less.  The second triple double in MIT history (Danny Kanamori had 12/12/10 against Springfield in 2002).
MIT Course VI-3 1987 -- #RollTech

WPI89

Can anyone confirm tie-breakers.  I assume if WPI and Springfield both win on Saturday and tie for the 3rd spot - Springfield would get the 3 spot based on 2-0 during the season?

In which case WPI would play the 4-5 "play-in" game at home (likely against Wheaton) next week before traveling to Babson with a win?

AllStar

Quote from: WPI89 on February 16, 2017, 08:57:47 AM
Can anyone confirm tie-breakers.  I assume if WPI and Springfield both win on Saturday and tie for the 3rd spot - Springfield would get the 3 spot based on 2-0 during the season?

In which case WPI would play the 4-5 "play-in" game at home (likely against Wheaton) next week before traveling to Babson with a win?

WPI89

AllStar

AllStar

AllStar

nescac1

Any NEWMAC fans know the deal with Babson's injuries?  Babson was a thin team to begin with and Jacks has missed two straight games and Bohmiller four.  If Babson is down two of their top five, hard to see them making it to Salem ... would be a shame for such a senior-heavy team to get derailed by injuries (yet again, as Flannery's injury last year was obviously a killer). 

rlk

T990

Thanks for the photos.  That makes 5 NEWMAC championships in the last 9 seasons for MIT - quite impressive, and the roster only has 1 senior and 1 junior. Must have been sweet to beat the #1 team in the country on their home floor. These guys tend to do well on their "final exams".   ;)

rlk

Quote from: T990 on February 27, 2017, 11:57:27 AM
Thanks for the photos.  That makes 5 NEWMAC championships in the last 9 seasons for MIT - quite impressive, and the roster only has 1 senior and 1 junior. Must have been sweet to beat the #1 team in the country on their home floor. These guys tend to do well on their "final exams".   ;)

Was it ever!  After two heartbreakers this season already, it was really incredible to hold on at the end against a team as good as Babson is.  Even without Bohmiller and Jacks, they have a lot of weapons and we had to go to our limit.  I was definitely scared watching Flannery with the ball, driving in with what was it, 15 seconds left against our guys with 4 fouls, but Tim Butala got a piece of it without contact.  Then he sank those 4 FT's cool as can be.  I have never seen a team with more heart game in and game out than this year's MIT Engineers.  Just a terrific group.  And their parents, can't say enough good things about them either.  They fly in from Utah and Paris and everywhere in between -- week after week in some cases -- to watch their sons play.

I sprained my ankle slightly a few weeks ago, just enough so I don't have full mobility but not enough that I can't do stuff, and I think I pushed it just a bit too hard yesterday.  What happens when you get excited.

I have to say that aside from the lighting during the day (with the sunlight pouring in over the track above the gym -- a real headache for me shooting it, particularly in the first half), Babson is a terrific place to play.  I have to give their team, their whole operation, and their fans, a lot of credit, and they have a fabulous facility.  It was the noisiest place I've been since Salem in 2012, and the fans were raucous without crossing the line, and I never felt unwelcome in my MIT T-shirt.  A real big game atmosphere.

And with the bracket set, I don't have to root against Babson until hopefully March 18!

T990

I'd say when Comenale made that 3 pointer with 1.1 seconds left last week, it was the loudest I've ever heard at a D3 game.  Yes it was fitting that the talented  senior Tim Butala closed out the win at the line.  So now MIT gets shipped out to Selinsgrove; Babson does get to host this weekend.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-men/d3