MBB: NEWMAC

Started by nehoops4life, March 03, 2005, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheeks14

Looks like WPI should clinch home court for the NEWMAC tourney if they can win 1 more game.  WPI has been very tough to beat at home over the past 3 seasons and this will be the 3rd straight year hosting it if they can win 1 more. 

10d310

look if you don't like what I have to say just go ahead and post your arguement to what I said....prove me wrong...the entire point for the message board....I can name a person who was at that exact pickup game and shared that story with me....i'm not throwing any people under the bus and getting them involved for a message board...i'm not saying this from nowhere....i'm an ex babson player....i'm from atlanta....it's not like i have anything against the guy...i'm just sharing....and by the way this years clarke team is just awful...i've watched lots of tape of the old clarke teams and this team looks nothing like it.....they don't seem to have one real solid go to player....it's too bad b/c those babson/clarke games from 3-5 years ago were some great games to watch...

Pat Coleman

Actually, no -- the Terms of Service set the rules, not you.

And Clarke is the school in Iowa. The school in this conference is Clark.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hugenerd

For those of you keeping score at home:

Pat - 2
10d310 - 0

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Pat - 15,863
10d310 - 4

That's a little more like it.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

hugenerd

I was just talking about the previous post, not the cumulative score.

10d310

how does my last post get me another (-) karma....obiviously I can prove what I said is a true statement....how do you want me to do it....and just so we can get off this stupid topic I have a question for the board....what happend to Clarks ( ;D) gaurd DJ Brinn?....he started for them as a freshmen if I'm not mistaken and they have gotten worse but he has lost all his mins....he was a pretty solid player for them when they had some talent

hugenerd

NEWMAC stats updated through games yesterday:

Player of the year candidates (feel free to add others):

Cain (WPI):
Points - 2nd (20.1)
Assists- 10th (2.6)
FG% - 7th (0.512)
Steals - NR (1.29)
Rebounds - NR (4.1)
3P FG% - 2nd (0.417)
3P FG PG- 4th (2.1)
FT% - 3rd (0.836)
Blocks - NR (0.19)

Bartolotta (MIT)
Scoring - 1st (20.3)
Assists - 3rd (4.3)
FG% - NR (0.470)
Steals - 7th (1.7)
Rebounds - 3rd (7.8 )
3P FG% - 3rd (0.400)
3P FG PG - 7th (1.7)
FT% - 1st (0.870)
Blocks - 3rd (1.0)

Bartolotta is ranked top 3 in 6 categories (and ranked in 8 categories overall) and Cain is ranked top 3 in 3 categories (and ranked in 6 categories overall).

Freshman of the year Candidates:

Bracht (MIT)
Scoring- 9th (12.8 )
Assists- NR
FG% - 1st (0.634)
Steals - NR
Rebounds - 2nd (9.1)
3PFG% & 3PFG PG - NR
FT% - NR
Blocks - 6th (0.8 )

I couldnt find any other freshman ranked (top 10) in more than 2 categories (feel free to add your own candidates).

Those ranked in 2:
Mark Alexander (Clark) - Points 8th (13.2); 3P FG% 7th (0.354)
Pat Crean (Springfield) - Rebounds 13th (5.0); Blocks 9th (0.6)

Coach of the Year-  I would give the edge to Babson's Coach.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: 10d310 on February 12, 2007, 11:17:08 AM
how does my last post get me another (-) karma....obiviously I can prove what I said is a true statement....how do you want me to do it...

You can prove that your rules go on this board and not the Terms of Service? Impressive. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Shouldn't you just delete the inflammatory posts, Pat?  Isn't that the measure of redress laid out in the TOS?

By the way, 10d310, you can't say it without published proof, according to the TOS.  Maybe you can get the student newspaper to do an expose or something.

hugenerd

Quote from: Hoops Fan on February 12, 2007, 02:10:54 PM

Shouldn't you just delete the inflammatory posts, Pat?  Isn't that the measure of redress laid out in the TOS?

By the way, 10d310, you can't say it without published proof, according to the TOS.  Maybe you can get the student newspaper to do an expose or something.

They were already deleted.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: hugenerd on February 12, 2007, 02:36:30 PM
Quote from: Hoops Fan on February 12, 2007, 02:10:54 PM

They were already deleted.

Right-o.  I didn't scroll far enough and mistook his first excuse for the actual offense.

clarkie

I'm a bit confused as to how I got negative karma points as I have never said anything unwarrented...

With that said DJ Brinn now has to share time with the other 9 or so guards on Clark's roster. It seems that Clark was riding the Tim Dutille train for one stop too many as it has been difficult for them to rebound without him and has more than enough guards and small forwards for a few teams in the conference to share.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Don't try to understand karma; karma is beyond all of us.

boknows

Quote from: hugenerd on February 11, 2007, 07:13:59 PM
For those of you keeping score at home:

Pat - 2
10d310 - 0

OH SNAP!   Cold blooded! 

can someone hook me up with some karma??  I played in a game last night where I dove on the floor.  that at least deserves some karma or a tommy point.  Thanks in advance.
swish