MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, December 17, 2004, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creekhoops

Jamit has indeed given props to the players.  And you know what?  He does care about the program up at Rivier.  That's a whole lot more than most posters on this conference board can say.  A lot of people didn't like Chuck Amato at NC State.  We read about that all of the time down here.  Eventually, the boosters got their way.  But for what it's worth...look at the GNAC.  Your Deans are Hank Smith, Booth up at Norwich,  the guy down at Magnus, and Dave Morrissette.  They've been there since day one, or at least for the longest time.  Having done three years there myself with J&W, I know I came and went. Now I'm back at square one, coaching high school ball and loving every minute of it.  But they are still there. They are steadfast. Granted,  DM and I didn't always get along, but you know what?  I realized that he is a good man.  He's a good father, and a loyal husband.  Sure, some players may not like him.  I know many who didn't like me.  But we have one thing in common now - we both won that conference, once upon a time.  In the very least, the man is a winner.  That can't be taken away.  I still have a little piece of nylon  stashed away - a piece of net to remind me of how it felt to win that conference championship.  I brought it to our conference championship three weeks ago and showed my kids - my new team out here in the sticks who never won squat before.  It aint a NESCAC net, or a NEWMAC net.  It may only be a GNAC net.  But it may as well have been an ACC net to those kids that night. I know Dave has his, too.  The question is ...Who's next?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: JamIt on March 10, 2007, 07:55:21 PM
I suppose there should be some rules and regulations stated upfront so that people such as I would know what makes you gentlemen happy and what doesn't.  ... And Creekhoops I appreciate your comments explaining to me who the almightly "PAT" is but frankly I don't really care.  And even if I knew who he was my comments and opinions wouldn't change. 

If this message board is in fact only for factual information then I do apologize for posting my opinions.  Although I'm thinking Mr. Coleman's comments were not factual but his opinions so it sounds like there is a double standard going on here.

Either way, our communications have been fun and entertaining for sure.  Thanks to all of you for trying to help me see the proper posting procedures. :)  And Pat?  Your importance as the keeper of the board is duly noted.  Take care.

Gee, I would've thought you might've looked at the words under my name or at the bottom of my post, perhaps that would've let you know who I am.

You want rules? Try the Terms of Service. You know, the ones you're supposed to read when you register.

Quote from: admin on August 16, 2005, 05:32:06 AM
Welcome to the D3sports.com message board. Post up your opinions about Division III sports here. Please, no commercial posts and no flaming. We will remove posts when necessary.

By posting on this Web site, you agree not to hold Pat Coleman, D3hoops.com, D3football.com, its parent company or any representative of the site responsible for anything that may occur to you or any third party, whether on this message board or off of it.

Here is what is permissible and what isn't.

2. ... Don't use us as your soapbox to repeatedly bash an athlete, coach, school, etc. Similar offenses involve "rolling the board" -- posting nonsense or an identical or similar message many times on one board -- or being a "troll" -- making inflammatory posts simply to incite an argument.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

GnacAlum55

Finally the GNAC board has come alive!  As an alum, I am glad to see it!  To answer a previous post, Mike Theulen from WNEC was named coach of the year.  They tore through the league, so he deserved it. 

Here's one bad part of GNAC expansion......an unbalanced schedule.  If you go to the league site, it gives the 07-08 league schedule.  All teams will play 8 teams twice, and 2 teams once.  This does not make any sense.  Some teams will have an easier conference schedule than others.  Not fair in my book - I think that is a terrible decision by the league, or whoever makes the decision. 

I think the 3 new teams will be pretty competitive and I am already looking froward to next year!   :P

JamIt

Well Pat, I have to admit with my head hung low that NO I did NOT read the "Terms of Agreement" when I registered for this posting board.  I am guilty as charged.  I have to guess that if you were to take a poll that 99% of the registered members would be guilty of not reading the terms as well.  As far as my not looking below your name to see what your importance was in my life, I had no reason to look and again, nor did I nor do I care who you are or what you do.  I will take accountability for not following the "terms of service" by repeating my comments about Riv's coach but that's all I will take accountability for here.  I was an observer on this board for a year before I registered to post my comments and in that time I saw many postings where opionions were given, some factual, but alot were not.   That's why when I registered to post I was under the assumption that it was an opinion board.  That's what makes it interesting.  If we wanted to see scores or standings we could read the newspaper.  A message board such as this should be for opinions, but as I said I apologize if I disrespected the "terms of agreement".  :) 

The thing I would like to point out "Pat" is that if you were so bent on your "rule" of not bashing anyone, then I'm wondering why you have chosen to continually bash me and my comments.  I am not sure that I have done anything different from what you have done.  Difference being that my comments were about basketball.  A truly professional "administrator" would have respectfully sent a response to me and asked that I please refrain from breaking the terms of agreement by continually bashing someone.  That would have been something I could have respected.

As far as your comments Creekhoops, I sincerely appreciate your comments because they were your opinions of which I do respect.  I loved your story about your "piece of net" and congrats for that accomplishment.  You are obviously a well respected coach and I'm sure your players appreciate you.  Ever think of replacing DM? :)  :)
I do have to admit that I was confused at first over your MacDonald story but it dawned on me that your comparison of the almighty Pat and his Administrator title are similar to those of the almighty Ronald MacDonald. :)

Rest easy Pat, my work is done here (for this year).  I will close by giving these last very factual opinions and pardon me if I am being "repetitive".    Congrats RIV for an incredible, unforgettable year.  I love you guys, especially, JOHN, CHRIS & JAMES.

And congrats to Mike Theulen for winning Coach of the Year.  I guess DM's peers didn't think he had as much influence on Riv's miracle year either.  I rest my case!!!!

Oh and by the way "guys"....I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted but I am not one of you.  I'm a woman!!!!  Go figure. :) 

Pat Coleman

Quote from: JamIt on March 11, 2007, 07:48:23 PM
The thing I would like to point out "Pat" is that if you were so bent on your "rule" of not bashing anyone, then I'm wondering why you have chosen to continually bash me and my comments.  I am not sure that I have done anything different from what you have done.  Difference being that my comments were about basketball.  A truly professional "administrator" would have respectfully sent a response to me and asked that I please refrain from breaking the terms of agreement by continually bashing someone.  That would have been something I could have respected.

I have been on many boards where people are warned in public. Sorry you couldn't handle it.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

JamIt

This will be my shortest post ever and hopefully my last one for now....PAT I'm thinking YOU are the one who can't handle it and I'm also thinking you have way too much time on your hands that of all the postings you have cared so much about mine.  Have a Great Day!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Pat, why did you give her so much leeway with this thing.  It seems like she's said enough to be banned long ago.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Pat Coleman

Because he/she keeps claiming he/she is going to stop. I keep hoping he/she can manage to actually do it.

JamIt

Now what fun would that be PAT if I were to just go away that easily.  I honestly and sincerely am not really sure what prompted you to react like you did to my postings but I suppose it gives you job security.  And I'm not sure what your comments about "he/she" were about.  I suppose that makes you feel pretty darn superior huh?  Again, not very professional Pat.  Tsk! Tsk!  I would apologize for doing so much dissing to your buddy DM but the thing is, I'm not sorry at all!  Again, have a good one!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I went back and reviewed the initial comments.  It seems like Pat was just giving you a hard time about whining when your team made the NCAA Tournament.  Pat will give it to all of us when we post like that.

I'm not sure how it got that far, other than that you attacked Pat for calling you out.

It seems perfectly acceptable for the owner of the site to say you're whining too much and talking too much crap about a coach when no one else seems to want to discuss the issue.

If there were other posters on here discussing Morissette, then it might be more acceptable.  There's plenty of bad coaches out there.  We know how you feel about this one.  That's probably enough.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

JamIt

Thanks Hoops Fan for your comments.  Believe it or not they were taken with respect and I appreciate your taking the time to comment.   From my standpoint, I would not have minded if Pat simply had informed me of the terms of service and the proper "posting rules" but instead he chose to inform me in a very unprofessional way and I responded.   They were simply my thoughtsand opinions and I shared them.  The truth of the matter is that I wasn't whining.  I was actually thrilled this year with RIV's success in spite of their horrible head coach. 

Pat Coleman

You were informed of the posting rules when you registered. If you chose to ignore them, that is not our fault.

creekhoops

ummm (uncomfortable dinner table silence)..  Creek hoops cheerfully chimes in "hey, how about that Amherst team? "(Pat passes the carrots) Jamit just stares acorss the table, disapproving the attempt in a conversation change...Hoops Fan then speaks up and says 'enough is enough, can I eat my meal in peace?"  The family takes a moment, then proceeds to finish dinner.

So - can anyone give some insight as to what the dynamics of the New GNAC means for a team like J&W?  I've been out of the loop for too long to know what the new teams will be like...

JamIt

Creek Hoops...your attempt at humor to lighten up the ongoing talk between myself and PAT was very successful.  I laughed and enjoyed it alot so thanks.  That's what this should be about...people writing what they want to write...not censorship.  And again, even though you were indirectly probably taking a shot at me I appreciate your candid way with words.  Take care....

NEbball45

Emerson snags a NESCAC recruit from Wesleyan and Bates! apparently hes a deadly shooter, a kid from deerfield. They also landed a great passing swingman. anyone have any info on this kid? What does this mean for the rest of the GNAC as well, with Dawkins, Shannon and Rouse all coming back? They were just one shooter away last year, could they be this years favorites?