MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, December 17, 2004, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All-around

What teams are leaving the GNAC after this year?

newenglandball

just daniel webster is going to the NECC

newenglandball

newbury wins the battle of culinary schools in the ECAC's as they beat jwu 64-60.  both teams had 10 point leads in this game.

kmk72289

Emerson was upset in the first round of the ECACs despite holding a double digit lead w/ 10 min. left.  UNE couldn't stop Emerson's offense, but Emerson's D proved to be the deciding factor in this game yet again because they couldn't stop the UNE offensive effort, in particular, Johnnie Jefferson, who put in like 40 pts.  tough way to end the year.  On a plus, Will Dawkins put in around 35 pts. and capped off his college career well.

All-around

All three GNAC teams go down in the ECAC's--must not have come to play.

Would like to congratulate Emerson College on having a great season, and quite  possibly putting them on the map for  years to come--especially having Shannon and Rouse returning.

Congrats to Will Dawkins who  seems like he's been there forever.

Next year should be interesting again as Emmanuel returns everyone, Lasell has their big guy back, and rumor has it Albertus Magnus has some major recruits coming in.

broke_ya_ankles

St. Joe's brings everyone back as well.....and I fully expect them to bring in at least 2 or 3 more freshmen who will claim a roster spot, Im guessing at least 1 of them will be a PG ready to play meaningful minutes right away...

theBroadcaster

For Lasell fans - you can catch tonight's NCAA tournament game against Brandeis live on WBRS 100.1FM Waltham.  You can also tune in live online at www.wbrs.org, with pregame coverage starting at 7:45.

kmk72289

thanks for the link...im expecting a good game.

34whistle

First off congratulations to Lasell for a great season. Tough loss last night.  Lasell was missing something.  There wasn't any passion  or intensity from the team. I think they miss judge how good Brandies was, they were not prepared and it showed and that is the coaches fault.   Lasell will struggle next year with the loss of Jaime Crawford and Dwayne Powell.  Lasell is really going to have to recruit to stay a top the GNAC.

uconn05

How do you misjudge won of the top teams in the country?  If a player can't get up for an NCAA tournament game they should look in the mirror, not at their coach.

UnsungHero11

i said it once and i'll say it again, with lasell's talent and everything, they were not half the team they could have been this year.

34whistle

Quote from: UnsungHero11 on March 08, 2008, 10:23:22 AM
i said it once and i'll say it again, with lasell's talent and everything, they were not half the team they could have been this year.
I agree, and I think some of the fault has to go to the coach. Lasell had the makings of a excellent year, at least on paper.  They only had crawford out for three games total. There is no reason why this team should not have gone further in the NCAA tourney. They were not prepared.  They took things too lightly adn that is a reflection of the coach.

All-around

I do not agree. The first half of the game Lasell played extremely well and hung in with Brandeis. That fact is that Brandeis is a more talented, deep and better overall team. Brandeis played 10 guys, all of whom would start on Lasell and their depth wore Lasell down in the second half. Lasell hung in, but seemed to lack depth in the 2nd half.

eclinchy

Lasell is the Knicks of D3.  Lots of talent, but they can't win with it because there's no teamwork.  Everyone thinks shoot-first, no one has good court vision, no one moves well without the ball, no one passes well.  It doesn't translate to good wins against good teams.

kmk72289

to be fair, i think the nature of a lot of d3 teams revolves around shooters just because many teams don't have the dominating big man down low.