Author Topic: MASCAC Room  (Read 70235 times)

mustang23

MASCAC Room
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2005, 10:04:31 am »
I guess that makes since but im sure if not amherst some better teams than the ones they play would schedule them ....their best comp was Tufts, Lasell and UMB (a loss and UMB finished the season with a bad record), and Plymouth state none of which made the tourny, i notice they travel to the bahamas im sure they could play some good comp...but i see where youre coming from...But also teams like Amherst and Williams tend to play good teams out of the region in tournaments and stuff and let me remind you they always have the best comp in their own league...Its like the D3's ACC

d-mac

MASCAC Room
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2005, 04:45:43 pm »
Basketball in Division III at this time of year... is so SWEET!!!
32 teams still have a chance at two national titles... and many teams weren't expected to get this far.
Tonight, a preview of this weekend's Sweet 16 action and preparations for the Final Four... on "Hoopsville"!!!

Wooster, Wittenburg, and Illinois Wesleyan are out of the men's bracket!
So, who in the world is still left in the Men's Road to Salem?
Well... UW-Stevens Point, Amherst, and St. John Fisher.

Trinity (TX) is still alive. Most thought they would be playing IWU on Friday night, instead they face Hanover. Tonight, we will chat with Coach Pat Cunningham about his Tigers. Their road to the Final Four is going to be a tough one.

Then there is John Carrol, who defeated Wittenburg to earn their Sweet 16 berth. Coach Mike Moran seems to have his Blue Streaks team clicking on all the right cylinders, having won the OAC before their run in the NCAA's. We will chat with Coach Moran about his upcoming game against Albion... who got by on what some say is a questionable win over Wooster.

On the women's side, not too many upsets, even though DePauw and Buena Vista were eliminated on their Road to Virginia Beach.

Wesleyan continues to surprise as they took out Staten Island to earn their Sweet 16 game against Springfield. Coach Kate Mullen will join us live on the air to talk about how this season's finish isn't what the Cardinals planned on... and how they're looking to keep dancing.

George Fox will be earning a lot of frequent flyer miles this weekend. Coach Scott Rueck has his Bruins playing very good basketball and will take on St. Benedict, who upset Buena Vista. But how are the Bruins going to handle flying across the entire length of the nation for the game(s)... we will ask Coach Rueck.

And Salem is getting ready for their tenth Men's Final Four. ODAC Commissioner Brad Bankston will join us live on the air to let us know how the preparations are going. How you can get tickets! And what else you can expect and should do while in the great city of Salem (and Roanoke), Virginia.

Oh... and of course we will chat with our regional reporters - Gordon Mann will actually join us in studio. And we will certainly take your questions and comments on the air and try and cover a very busy week of basketball.

So come join us online and LIVE from 8PM - 10PM Eastern!

"Hoopsville": only place where you can listen or chat about Division III Basketball in the nation.

Check out the "Hoopsville" page for information on how you can listen... and be a part of the show.

mustang23

MASCAC Room
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2005, 05:45:35 pm »
SO what are peoples predictions for next year?
A lot of teams are losing guys...

Salem- Ife, Reid are both gone..but im sure they will have some recruits as they always do..

Worcester- Cannon, Sullivan, and their PG's....Drayton is returning

Framingham- Clark, Feeny, Tanglis are all gone..Sully and Wigman return

Westfield- Jaukovic is gone (thier best player)...

Fitchburg- Cope is gone

Bridgewater- Santos, Adamczyck,Badiali, Rondeau, Hayes, and Ryan....thier losing almost everyone

MCLA- Mitchell is gone

My predictions:

Salem, Westfield, Worcester, Framingham, Bridgewater, Fitchburg, MCLA

mustang23

MASCAC Room
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2005, 10:41:15 am »
Anybody heard about any recruits coming in??

Offline masshoopfan

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
MASCAC Room
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2005, 10:34:28 am »
Great News MASCAC and D3 hoops fans. I have recieved information from a valid source that MCLA standout guard Robert Mitchell will be playing in the ABA next season. It's always great to hear about D3 players making it in the professionals. Best of luck to Mitchell.

Offline masshoopfan

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
MASCAC Room
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2005, 10:35:45 am »
Does anyone know what team he'll be playing for?

Brian Phillips

MASCAC Room
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2005, 12:43:01 pm »
I think he got picked up by the Charlotte team

mustang23

MASCAC Room
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2005, 11:26:58 am »
Rumor has it that Salem will be stacked again next year. I have heard that Salems 6'9 center Anosike is returning for another year somehow. Also i have heard that salem is getting Eric Downey a 6'5 transfer from bunker hill who is also a d1 scholarship player. Also they have a kid named reggie alleyene who redshirted last year due to injury but is also a good player.

Offline Balla Chic

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: MASCAC Room
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2005, 02:15:26 am »
Well you were right about Eric Downie and Reggie Alleyne being on our roster, but you were wrong in that Anosike is not returning. He returned to Salem, as did Allen Reid but not to basketball.

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2005, 09:56:06 am »

Thanks for the update.  I think Salem is going to have trouble without Anosike this year.  Not that they will have trouble winning the MASCAC again, but it will be interesting to see how they perform in their non-conference schedule.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline Balla Chic

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2005, 10:17:46 pm »
i think they'll be alright with Anosike, but I think they're going to have trouble without Shawn Bloom and Allen Reid

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2005, 09:07:13 am »

It's certainly a rebuilding year for them, luckily they play in a horrible conference and should still be able to get the NCAA berth.

Offline masshoopfan

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2005, 09:17:40 pm »
Congradulations to the MASCAC conference on producing another professional Basketball player. Anosike of Salem will play with the Boston Frenzy this season of the ABA. Best Wishes to Anosike. The qustion must be raised who do you think will have the better rookie season Anosike or Mitchell (MCLA) who plays with Lincoln, NE Thunder?

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2005, 09:38:21 am »
So is Anosike still taking classes at Salem, as previously reported, or will he give full attention to his budding new career?

Offline Balla Chic

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2005, 02:18:07 pm »
he was seen on campus a few weeks ago... but ill see what I can find out