BB: Pool B

Started by Bronko7, April 21, 2008, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldengear

Eight team sites are supposed to run Wednesday through Sunday, 6 team sites Wednesday through Saturday, if that helps

BaseballFan

Quote from: Jim Dixon on April 24, 2008, 05:57:25 PM
Regionally ranked teams in the "B Pool" by in region winning %.  Note the absence of the following teams listed in the discussion thread: St. Scholastica, Juniata, Mary Washington, Wesley, Menlo.

I dont know yet where you might slip in any of these teams above.   I expect St. Scholastica might knock off Emory if the top six are those in best contention for a Pool B bid.

Salisbury
Ithaca
Chapman
Rockford
Piedmont
Emory
———–
Concordia (Ill.)
St Joseph (Broklyn)
St. John Fisher
Cal State East Bay

With those top 6, I wonder if they would put 3 pool Bs in the south. I Think CSS will be ahead of Rockford and Emory

Ralph Turner

Quote from: BaseballFan on April 25, 2008, 12:28:04 PM
Regionally ranked teams in the "B Pool" by in region winning %.  Note the absence of the following teams listed in the discussion thread: St. Scholastica, Juniata, Mary Washington, Wesley, Menlo.

I dont know yet where you might slip in any of these teams above.   I expect St. Scholastica might knock off Emory if the top six are those in best contention for a Pool B bid.

Salisbury
Ithaca
Chapman
Rockford
Piedmont
Emory
———–
Concordia (Ill.)
St Joseph (Broklyn)
St. John Fisher
Cal State East Bay

With those top 6, I wonder if they would put 3 pool Bs in the south. I Think CSS will be ahead of Rockford and Emory
My first thought is that they will put those Pool B's anywhere within 500 miles of a venue that they can.

chakote

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 25, 2008, 12:33:46 PM
Quote from: BaseballFan on April 25, 2008, 12:28:04 PM

Salisbury
Ithaca
Chapman
Rockford
Piedmont
Emory
———–
Concordia (Ill.)
St Joseph (Broklyn)
St. John Fisher
Cal State East Bay

My first thought is that they will put those Pool B's anywhere within 500 miles of a venue that they can.

What do you mean by a venue Ralph?
Success is not fatal; Failure is not final; but the courage to continue is what counts!!!
(Churchill)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: chakote on April 25, 2008, 01:01:35 PM
One of the 8 locations where the regionals will be played...  :)

chakote

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 25, 2008, 01:25:41 PM

The venues are they set a year in advance? Or are they chosen a couple years in advance?

Success is not fatal; Failure is not final; but the courage to continue is what counts!!!
(Churchill)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: chakote on April 25, 2008, 02:25:12 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 25, 2008, 01:25:41 PM
The venues are they set a year in advance? Or are they chosen a couple years in advance?
Some are pre-determined.  Having the facilities to pull off a regional is somewhat resource intensive.

DIIIBASEBALLFAN

West Regional in Abilene, TX

6 team or 8 team

Do games start on Wednesday May 14th ?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: DIIIBASEBALLFAN on April 25, 2008, 03:39:59 PM

6 team or 8 team

Probably that will be a 6-team bracket flying 3 teams in from the West Coast, hosting the ASC Pool A bid and maybe getting the SCAC Pool A bid and a Pool C bid from somewhere.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: chakote on April 25, 2008, 04:19:42 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 25, 2008, 03:46:08 PM
Quote from: DIIIBASEBALLFAN on April 25, 2008, 03:39:59 PM

6 team or 8 team

Probably that will be a 6-team bracket flying 3 teams in from the West Coast, hosting the ASC Pool A bid and maybe getting the SCAC Pool A bid and a Pool C bid from somewhere.

So Abilene's fields will host all three tournaments at the same time? I have never been to that complex, it is that big to be able to host all three ??? the pool A bid consist of how many teams 6 or 8? and also the SCAC??? 6 or 8? I guess I could go back to some of the past postings on the boards to look up this information but this is a lot faster? Just ask the guys that have all the information. That would be you Ralph or Jim D. a walking talking problem solving D3 officianato :)
Actually the six-team tourney format will have a maximum of 11 games.  Driggers can handle it.  ;)

The field drains well also.  It was designed by Jim Anglea.

Just Bill

chakote,

You seem a bit confused.  Pool A, Pool B and Pool C are not three separate tournaments.  Those are the three types of bids into the NCAA Tournament.  The NCAA Tournament is played by splitting the field into eight regional sites (like Abilene).  The eight regional champions then advance to the World Series in Appleton, Wis.

Read up on the NCAA Tournament with these handy FAQs:

http://www.d3baseball.com/faq/category/NCAA+Tournament
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

chakote

Quote from: Just Bill on April 25, 2008, 04:56:09 PM
chakote,

You seem a bit confused.  Pool A, Pool B and Pool C are not three separate tournaments.  Those are the three types of bids into the NCAA Tournament.  The NCAA Tournament is played by splitting the field into eight regional sites (like Abilene).  The eight regional champions then advance to the World Series in Appleton, Wis.

Read up on the NCAA Tournament with these handy FAQs:

http://www.d3baseball.com/faq/category/NCAA+Tournament

yes I  will admit that I am a bit confused, well let me rephrase that.... a lot confused. I am new at this this is our first year and I don't have the FAQ's or the facts down quite yet so please forgive my lack of knowledge regarding these issues I am learning and hopefully retaining this information. But I do thank you for your help and I will try to keep the dumb questions to a minimum.
(Churchill)

DIIIBASEBALLFAN

West Regional

Walt Driggers field is very nice facility. The stands sit up high behind the home plate area. The have great baseball offices under the stands behind home plate.

Very nice scoreboard that displays players names and some graphics. Field looks like it kept up to top notch shape too. Hope to get a chance to get back there.

McMurry does a great job as hosts. Hope they make it to the regionals since they have some outstanding hitters in their program.

Great steaks and Texa BBQ in the area.

Any information on places to stay/eat in the area ?

Here is information/picture gallery
http://athletics.mcm.edu/Sports/baseball/2007/driggers_field.asp

http://athletics.mcm.edu/sports/gallery/Driggers%5FField/

What is the weather like during the time of year the regional will be held ?

How is the wind there?  Does it blow out ?  Is it a hitters park or pitcher park ?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: DIIIBASEBALLFAN on April 25, 2008, 06:37:07 PM
West Regional

Walt Driggers field is very nice facility. The stands sit up high behind the home plate area. The have great baseball offices under the stands behind home plate.

Very nice scoreboard that displays players names and some graphics. Field looks like it kept up to top notch shape too. Hope to get a chance to get back there.

McMurry does a great job as hosts. Hope they make it to the regionals since they have some outstanding hitters in their program.

Great steaks and Texas BBQ in the area.

Any information on places to stay/eat in the area ?

Here is information/picture gallery
http://athletics.mcm.edu/Sports/baseball/2007/driggers_field.asp

http://athletics.mcm.edu/sports/gallery/Driggers%5FField/

What is the weather like during the time of year the regional will be held ?

How is the wind there?  Does it blow out ?  Is it a hitters park or pitcher park ?
Weather will be in the low 90's and variable humidity, dry to moderate.

The wind depends on whether a cold front has come in.  The right field foul line points almost due south.  Today the wind was from the northwest and was blowing out to right center field.  Usually the wind is blowing in from center field..  The distances are 330, 365, and 400.

Scoreboard was updated in 2007 to comply with the NCAA on Nicknames.

Absolutely the best steak in the area is at

Perini Ranch, 15 miles/20 minutes south of McMurry.

Bronko7

I think CSS doesn't have much to as long as they run the table in their conference, that would make them 24-3 in region (.890) I see them making the regional rankings in the upcoming weeks. But as for Rockford, no Pool be envies what they have coming up in the next couple weeks (Carthage & Ill. Wesl.)
Big surprise Juniata & Rockford dropping another conference game, tis the season for a lot of games in a short amount of time.

My 6 Pool B's at this point
1) Chapman
2) Salisbury
3) Piedmont
4) Ithaca
5) St. Scholastica
6) Emory

anybody have thoughts?