MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckfan41

Congratulations to Wheaton's own Coach Schauer on being named the D3 National Coach of the Week. His squad picked up two large wins in the Pacific Northwest against then 7th ranked Whitworth and unranked but tough George Fox. The Thunder sit at 8-3 (2-1) going into resumption of CCIW play next week against Carroll at home, and most students will be back on campus for next Saturday's home men's and women's twin-bill against North Park. I'm excited to see how the Thunder use the momentum they gained from Christmas break going into the rest of the conference season, and love to see my Thunder gaining national attention once again that they used to be in year in-year out.

WUPHF

It is a shame that Romin Williams is not playing today.  CCIW fans will have to watch Emory at Chicago or Washington University.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: WUH on December 28, 2017, 02:27:00 PM
It is a shame that Romin Williams is not playing today.  CCIW fans will have to watch Emory at Chicago or Washington University.

I saw the boxscore and noticed that too. Any idea on his DNP status?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

deiscanton

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on December 28, 2017, 02:40:46 PM
Quote from: WUH on December 28, 2017, 02:27:00 PM

I saw the boxscore and noticed that too. Any idea on his DNP status?

Romin Williams is ill with a stomach bug, as reported by Justin Hanover on the Emory webcast.  It is hoped that he will be available for tomorrow's game vs Transylvania.

iwu70

What's with the Emory video stream -- not working?  Really just a loop of action when at 18-18. 

'70

WUPHF

If you gave up on the Emory live feed, try it again...

deiscanton

Video stream from Emory returned at 12 minutes remaining in the second half--'just in time to see Emory take its first double digit lead with 8 min remaining in the game.

Emory defeated Illinois Wesleyan today, 72-56.  The Titans play Birmingham Southern tomorrow at 1 PM Central/2 PM Eastern.  Emory will have a live video stream of the contest.

iwu70

Finally got it to work, seeing the last 14 minutes or so.  Emory should do better.

A very poor, holiday rust outing for the Titans.  Playing poorly with way too many TOs, out-rebounded by a very good defensive team, Emory, holding IWU to 56 points, on 32% shooting, only 21% from three, 6-28.  Very sloppy and a little too much Brady one-on-one.  Not good ball movement today.

Emory played well on their home court.  IWU could not get a stop.

Adam Gigax 21

Rose 17
Beasley 10

O'Neill again having trouble with lay-ups.  Perhaps some tutorial from Trevor Seibring would help.

Points off TOs for Emory, 19 -- that will about do it.

I'm going back to bed.  Sure hope the TITANS play better tomorrow.  Maybe I'll stay in bed tomorrow and just watch the Augie-Wash U game at a more reasonable hour in Hong Kong.  :( 

Happy New Year to all TITANS, Titan fans, and CCIW chatsters.

IWU'70

duckfan41

Experienced the same issues with the Emory broadcast playing a continuous loop from a pair of Emory freethrows to Brady Rose being fouled while splitting a double. When the score was 20-18, I felt Emory was outplaying IWU and was just not seeing shots fall that were open, while Wesleyan was trying to hold their own on both ends. Gave up on the game and checked back in later on the live-stats to notice Emory pulled away. Noticed Brady Rose had 17 points on 15 shots and only a measly two assists. In the parts of the game I was able to see, Rose brought the ball up the court, so an inefficient game shooting coupled with poor passing numbers and more turnovers than assists from a handler is not a winning combination. Beasley did the best he could stuffing the stat sheet without any turnovers. Beasley is awesome to watch, though he's the type of guy who is a pain to play against due to his relentless rebounding effort game in and game out. I know Knobloch is pretty good, but in every game I've watched him play he hasn't been able to throw a rock into the ocean from the beach (0-5 from the field and three for 0 points today).

duckfan41

But thankfully for Wesleyan, they have played more than the three games I've seen, as Knobloch is shooting a solid percentage from 3 at almost a 44% clip. Basically the same percentage from the floor overall which holds to his MO, chuck up that three.

all blues

Finlandia U in Decatur taking on the Big Blue 5pm (now)

newCCIWfan

Quote from: all blues on December 28, 2017, 06:03:09 PM

Finlandia twice in one season --- Matt Nadelhoffer's parting gift to MU

all blues

Quote from: newCCIWfan on December 28, 2017, 06:13:31 PM
Quote from: all blues on December 28, 2017, 06:03:09 PM

Finlandia twice in one season --- Matt Nadelhoffer's parting gift to MU

and Millikin shows it knows how to unwrap a gift, 78-63 over the hapless Laplanders of Finlandia.  Zach Fisher, DaVante Harrell, Elijah Henry, and the rest of the team split the 78 points 4 ways.  Neither team looked sharp, but FU flung up almost half their shots from beyond the arc at an unspectacular 33%, while Millikin was content to take 80% of their shots from inside the arc and made nearly 60% of them.  FU won the boards, but surprisingly, their best rebounder fouled out with 10 minutes left in the game.  Millikin only committed 5 turnovers-Merry Christmas! :)  Principia comes to Decatur Saturday night.

WUPHF

Thinking about the Top 10 match-up between Augustana and Washington University.

Two seasons ago, then No. 1 Augustana jumped out to the 8-0 and then 15-2 lead in St. Louis before taking a 10 point lead in to intermission.  Washington University tied the game 51-51 seven minutes in the to the second half and would eventually build a 6 point lead before the offense stalled.  The Vikings would win the game at the line, 70-67.

Last season, then No. 20 Washington University jumped out to a 11-0 lead in Rock Island.  A lead they would never relinquish.  Then No. 18 Augustana cut the lead to three late in the game, but the Bears would close out the game and get the road win, 68-61.

Nothing like the 2008-2009 season in which then No. 1 Washington University defeated then No. 2 Augustana in OT in front of a sold out Carver crowd of 2,257 people.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: iwu70 on December 28, 2017, 03:45:49 PMA very poor, holiday rust outing for the Titans.

The "rust" excuse doesn't wash, Mark. Illinois Wesleyan had eight days between games, but Emory had eleven.

Quote from: deiscanton on December 28, 2017, 03:45:19 PM
Video stream from Emory returned at 12 minutes remaining in the second half--'just in time to see Emory take its first double digit lead with 8 min remaining in the game.

Emory defeated Illinois Wesleyan today, 72-56.  The Titans play Birmingham Southern tomorrow at 1 PM Central/2 PM Eastern.  Emory will have a live video stream of the contest.

Given our conversation here from a week or so ago, I almost suspect that Emory was messing up the normal feed in order to get people to pay for the hi-def feed. :D

BTW, in the other game played tonight involving a CCIW team, Carroll dropped a decision to Augsburg in Las Vegas, 74-69.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell