FB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAWGISADAWG4LIFE

Picks

Adrian over Albion.  I dont know where to go with this one, i feel a bit torn, but my head tells me to take Adrians defense in this one.

Alma over Kzoo.  Alma is hitting stride and Kzoo appears to be going in the wrong direction.

Tri State over WLC.  Tri State will be looking to rebound after the loss to Hope.  WLC will be looking towards joining a new conference.

Hope over Olivet.  Olivet has to deal with a must win situation here, I dont know how they will rebound after last week but having seen both play I think Hope is the superior team.
You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day.

D306

DBQ

Rochester Adams VS B'ham Brother Rice or Lansing Everett VS Detroit Catholic Central.

Some very good other Games too I wish I could make.
Dakota VS CV
Holt VS Rockford

D1, D2 and D3 are my interests due to friends, family playing in the mix.

DEACONBLUE

Wins of November picked early:

ADRIAN over ALBION:  Albion has not fared well against strong defenses, yet Adrian has had success against weaker defenses.  I expect a "relatively" low scoring game (late season has seen offenses scoring more) with a two score advantage for the Dawgs.  (I do have a soft spot for the Brits though, historic flagship of the MIAA).

ALMA big over K-ZOO:  Ouch!  The Scots send a message that they warrant a rematch with Hope.

HOPE over OLIVET:  The Comets have suffered on the road and Saturday will not end their suffering.  This is the one the Dutch have been waiting for and they will not leave any doubt they are the elite of MIAA.

ANGOLA  ;D over WLC:  The Thunder offense and defense will have a chance to boost their statistics as they face their easiest opponent of the season.  This could be a blow-out, especially if WLC's RB Hairl is still inactive.  Expect alot of AC/DC over Shive Field's loudspeakers.

This weekend I'll be stalking the elusive whitetail and will have to miss the game, but in the silence of the Michigan wilderness...perhaps I might hear the distant roar from an MIAA field.  Safe trip everyone and stay warm.  (whoever invented metal bleachers forgot about November)

ADAWGISADAWG4LIFE

Watching the Adrian Albion game on a live feed from Albions website http://media.albion.edu/sportsvid.  PRetty good picture and a great feature for any fan of DIII football. 

So far the game is a defensive struggle, lots of 3 and outs and the punters may have sore legs after this one.  Albion missed a long bomb TD pass by about 2 feet shortly before the half.  I missed from 1-1:11 so I dont know if there were any scores in that time but since Ive been watching there havent been any.  Both defenses are playing great, Albion and Adrian dont appear very imaginitve in their play calling so far.  Albion is the same old Albion run the ball, go deep.  Adrian is running their shotgun action and QB runs but is appearing very predictable to this point and hasnt really done much of anything.
You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day.

ADAWGISADAWG4LIFE

ADAWGISADAWG4LIFE

4th Quarter 5:59 left

Adrian 17   Albion 10

ADAWGISADAWG4LIFE

Just got done watching the Adrian Albion game.  Turned into a half way decent game to watch.  Adrian was able to get their offense rolling in the second half, but still nothign creative and im not exactly sure what was the problem with Albions defense.  The Adrian offense had great success with Troy Niblock running the football which he is very good at, 40 carries for 190+ which is a great game.  I Have persoanlly watched 3 Adrian games this season and could sit and call the play before Adrian ran it, so Im not sure how Albions defense struggled so mightily against the play calling.  Adrian showed some identity today, but its been missing all season and their is no great imagination or variety to what they try to do.  Great game again from the Adrian defense, Albion was not able to run the ball effectively at all and their passing game was inconsistent at best.  Albions offense picked up some of their yards on the last drive of the game as well but Adrian was able to stiffen and keep them out of the endzone. 

Next weeks game should be interesting between Adrian and Alma, not sure what Alma is doing today but they have been on a role. 

hope1

a good hope vs   olivet game today with olivet winning on the kicking game hope missed a  field goal and extra point
i love hope  sports all of them are really great to watch

HOF

Wow...three way tie and it could end in a three way.

Head to head doesn't solve anything...

Olivet beat Hope
Alma beat Olivet
Hope beat Alma

So talk to me...since all three beat each other, it goes down the line of who beat who....that solves nothing, cause they all beat everyone. 

Does it go to overall winning percentage? Overall record...that doesn't solve anything...each would be 6-4.

So what is the criteria for this one...least points?  most points?

Good wins today in the MIAA...

Tom Renner, Geoff Henson...whoever is involved in the MIAA...find out how this works...SAC come on over and figure this out!!! 

Who is going to get the AQ??

sac

I imagine at some point the tiebreaker comes down to non-conference record.

hmmmm.........a coin toss maybe!  ::)

By the way, no one mentioned that Olivet scored two TD's in the final 3 minutes.  The same fate suffored by a former MIAA member today.  ;D

Mr. Ypsi

Don't know the MIAA tie-break system, but in the CCIW a 3-way tie (each 1-1 against the others) goes first to scoring margin in the games against each other.

HOF

After thinking about this a little...I'm really confused, but maybe this is how it will shake out:

Say all three win next week:

Hope
beat Alma
lost to Olivet

Alma
beat Olivet
lost to Hope

Olivet
beat Hope
lost to Alma

I'm assuming the commish will get involved.  Dan A'Donna says on his blog, that Hope goes with an Alma win.  I just don't get that.  I think he forgot that Alma is in the mix too.  They all beat each other and beat everyone else in the league.  I looked all over the MIAA site, but couldn't find anything.  Somebody get in the manual and see what it says, if it even does!

If Alma loses:  then Hope and Olivet go head to head and Olivet goes!  Right?

If Hope loses:  then Alma goes based on them beating Olivet.

Right now in my world it looks like Olivet could be in the driver seat because I think Alma has a very tough game at Adrian.  I'd take Adrian over Alma at Adrian next week.  I think Adrian has a little left in the tank and I've heard through people in the league that Adrian HAS to win...

Hey Sac....didn't Albion host a basketball tournament in the MIAA because of a "flip"??

sac

Quote from: HOF on November 04, 2007, 12:28:33 AM

Hey Sac....didn't Albion host a basketball tournament in the MIAA because of a "flip"??

Yes, 2003 when Hope and Albion tied, they split the regular season, and each had a loss to the 3rd place team Albion to Kzo, Hope to Calvin.  Calvin and Kzoo were tied for 3rd.  That year was a real mess.

Well, maybe D'Adonna is using the tie-breaker Ypsi brings up, which would be margin of victory between the three

Hope +26 over Alma -3 to Olivet = 23

Alma -26 to Hope +13 over Olivet = 13

Olivet +3 over  Hope -13 to Alma = -10

So if the MIAA follows the CCIW's tie-breaker then it would be Hope.

But I really don't know just guessing, maybe Kzoo, WLC or Adrian will make it easy and win one of their games next week.  Maybe Tom Renner could sort that out.

We could put together an all-star team of the 3 teams, take them to Alliance, OH and see what happens. :D

Mr. Ypsi

In many sports there are very reasonable formulae for breaking ties, but with the short season of football it is a challenge.  Record against next best team usually won't work since (as with MIAA this year) the co-champs typically didn't lose to anyone else.  Overall record is a horrible option since it encourages scheduling cupcakes.  Winning margin among the tied teams is probably the best option, with the one (big?) downside of encouraging running up the score (who knows who you may end up tied with?).

D306

Wow would have liked to see Olivet score twice in the last 3 minutes.

Could make for an interesting who goes to the playoffs, assuming no changes next week.

Adrian can play the spoiler in this with their good defense.

I was at the Adrian / Albion game.

Good game, I agree with dawg4life.

Adrians defense was strong again.

Albion  offense way to predictable and only 3-4 drives of more than 3 plays does not win many games.

Noted Albion had a Freshman QB for the whole game, this could account for the conservative play calling and so many 3 and outs, along with the stout Bulldog defense.

Adrian put the game away with a TD after a Albion Turnover, and the very next drive a nice ball control drive for seven was the game.

Albion defense played well until last couple of series, fighting field position all night. Albion needed some Linebacker play, runs were mostly up the gut not on the edges.
Adrian QB was running on every play and picking holes for good gains all 4th quarter. Noted Adrian QB is also one of the leading runners in league for goood reason, he runs hard and has good vision.

One week left guys enjoy the last game.
Hope everybody makes it out of the season healthy.

How about that UofM / MSU Finish!!!