WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calhsu

Sorry my left coast reference is showing.  For me there is the west and east and the south.  I have people here who have never been past Nevada who refer as Kansas as "back east."  Clearly the midwest has been the real power area.  The year Trinity won was a real fluke because they played a Conneticutt in the finals.  

Golfniz,  Ralph has for years shown that he is rarely wrong or unaware.  He is respectful of other teams but never lets anyone forget his love for MCM.  
If Ralph is the Guru of DIII then Pat Coleman is the god of DIII.  Thanks for the correction on the championship site.  Michigan will be different.

mcmfan

I notice that the HPU women's basketball site indicates that the game on Friday will be webcast.  But I don't see the time of the broadcast.  Am I just blind?
Alacumba!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

golfniz1

Both are very informed that is for sure, but it sounds like they are not predicting HPU to fare well against the remaining field.  I sure hope they are wrong and very much believe they will be.  HPU WILL bring the title to Brownwood and the ASC conference.  Once again more credibility and respect for the ASC. ;D

Pat Coleman

Quote from: golfniz1 on March 19, 2008, 12:22:23 AM
Both are very informed that is for sure, but it sounds like they are not predicting HPU to fare well against the remaining field. 

Am I one of the "they" you cite? Where have I said anything close to what you claim? Please don't put words in my mouth -- especially incredibly inaccurate ones.

Listeners to Hoopsville, for example, know I have been voting Howard Payne No. 1 since Feb. 11.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

calhsu

I'm sorry I have not been paying enough attention.  I just read all the posts by the Hope fans after the loss.  Talk about poor losers.  They had to know going in that playing in Brownwood was going to be tough.  

Ralph Turner

Quote from: golfniz1 on March 19, 2008, 12:22:23 AM
Both are very informed that is for sure, but it sounds like they are not predicting HPU to fare well against the remaining field.  I sure hope they are wrong and very much believe they will be.  HPU WILL bring the title to Brownwood and the ASC conference.  Once again more credibility and respect for the ASC. ;D
Pat Coleman has been aware of HPU's ability to take the crown since he saw them in Brownwood in Dec 2006.  He thought they could beat anyone in the Final Four.  However, my eyes were opened in the McMurry loss to Puget Sound in 2007 as to what the conference needed to do.  HPU was held to 7 FG's in each half and to only one fastbreak bucket last year in the Sweet 16!

We (the ASC) haven't climbed the mountain yet, but we are getting closer.  We saw what the good teams at HSU did early in the decade.  We see how Coach Kielsmeir has built this team.  Maybe this is the key.

Good luck, Lady Jackets!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 05, 2008, 04:09:09 PM
Quote from: mcmfan on March 05, 2008, 01:29:33 PM
I've been assured that tickets have been reserved for whoever plays HPU on Saturday, McM or Trinity.  Otherwise, I'd be worried right now from what you're saying that people in Brownwood would buy up all the seats before any visitors from outside town ever got a chance to get any!

Of course, while tickets have been reserved, there was no word about toilet paper...  :)

Quote from: sethhpu on March 05, 2008, 01:44:21 PM
HPU has no control on the number of seats, the NCAA has guidelines as far as ticket designation. I have a feeling that the visitors will be outnumbered by just a few :)
Feeling?  The number of tickets to the home team is specified by the NCAA Handbook and as cited by JACKET84!

The real question is the toilet paper.   :D
Thanks to HPU for the adequate accommodations last weekend!  :)

mcmfan

Pat,
The D3hoops broadcast listing shows coverage beginning at 4:30 ET for pre-game commentary and both games; I'm just wondering when the actual HPU-UWW game starts.  Is it the first game of the day or the second?
Alacumba!

Pat Coleman

mcmfan

Alacumba!

golfniz1

Pat sorry I jumped the gun hope no hard feelings.  Thanks for this site so we can stay up on D3Hoops

Pat Coleman

There's a danger in assuming that everyone's against you! :)

Rick Akins

Everyone--don't forget.  The times on the D3 hoops scoreboard are ET--the game is actually in ET but all of us in Texas are of course in CT.  HPU's game is at 6:30 Friday CT (second game) and HOPEFULLY 5 Saturday CT.

Ralph Turner

Truths... 

The thought for today... (This corollary may apply to wayward Baptists who wander off the straight and narrow as they travel to Holland.  There is no Hooters in Holland.)

Four Religious Truths... 

During these serious times, people of all faiths should remember these four religious truths:

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's chosen people.

2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian world.

4. Baptists do not recognize each other at Hooters.

;)