BB: Regionals (New England) ECSU 2012

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 06:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

The 2012 New England Regional will be held at the Mansfield Complex, in Mansfield CT, hosted by Eastern Connecticut State University.

KSCfan

KSCfan

Ralph or anyone that might know

I see that Castleton won the NEAC East Division and plays Penn State Berks for the overall conference title.  My question is this.....

If Castleton wins do they go the NCAA New England Regional and if Penn State Berks wins do they go to the Mid-Atlantic region.  If Penn State Berks wins does that free up another spot in the New England regional for another team?  Maybe another Pool C bid that was not available before.  Thanks for any kind of answer cause im lost on this one

kscer

The winner gets an automatic where ever the NCAA wants to seed them. The loser goes back into the pool and if their record is good enough they will get a bid.

Stump

Great news going back to ECSU. Have never been impressed with Whitehouse. ECSU did things well, better field and facilities, no fog :P

HittingSpots38

WNE punches their ticket with a 6-3 win over RWU. RWU came into tournament hot and thigns look bright for them next year but in the end, the start by Bretton was just too much and held the hot RWU hitters in check.  Timely hitting, and the bats just too much for RWU to handle.

Interested to see how WNE does in Regionals this year.  Nugent has solidified himself as the #1 on the rotation, should be fun to see what happens with the rest.

KSCfan

Good news for other leagues as WNE wont take a pool c

KSCfan

Also i see that Castleton won the NEAC/NAC bid and are heading to a regional.  NY or New England?  Someone usually gets sent out and Castleton is closer to up state NY than most of the other teams that will win their conference.  I think that they will get sent out to NY based on their location, but we shall have to see.

KSCfan

Ok here is what we know so far

TCCC- WNE
Newmac- Wheaton
MASCAC- Bridgewater State
NEAC- Castleton
GNAC- St Joes
NECC- Daniel Webster
NESCAC TBD
LEC TBD

So far the tournaments have gone chalk... means good things gor NESCAC and LEC teams as an upset wont have a wheaton or a wne taking a pool c bid

Hobbesy

KSCfan-

New York regional is in Farmingdale this season. We are speculating that Castleton might be shipped out but this could be another case like 2009 where Western New England is shipped to New York. The Golden Bears were shipped there is 2009 and were the No. 2 seed I believe. Due to the lack of high quality in the NY Regional, you could that happen again and keep Castleton in New England as a seven or eight seed.

wildthngvaughn

Quote from: Hobbesy on May 08, 2012, 09:46:13 AM
KSCfan-

New York regional is in Farmingdale this season. We are speculating that Castleton might be shipped out but this could be another case like 2009 where Western New England is shipped to New York. The Golden Bears were shipped there is 2009 and were the No. 2 seed I believe. Due to the lack of high quality in the NY Regional, you could that happen again and keep Castleton in New England as a seven or eight seed.

WNE was the #5 seed in New York that year and absolutely buried the #2 seed Ithaca 16-5.  They then lost close games to RPI and Clarkson.  That may have been the luckiest draw a team has ever received in the NCAA, if I recall correctly, that was the year Trinity, ECONN, and S.Maine were all ranked in the Top 5, creating a juggernaut of a New England Regional.

Hobbesy

Wildthng-

You are absolutely right. That was an amazing regional. Lots of quality teams. You just hope that three top five teams dont end up in a regional again. This year's regional at Eastern, as it looks now, should be wide open.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: KSCfan on May 07, 2012, 07:56:48 PM
Ok here is what we know so far

TCCC- WNE
Newmac- Wheaton
MASCAC- Bridgewater State
NEAC- Castleton
GNAC- St Joes
NECC- Daniel Webster
NESCAC TBD
LEC TBD

So far the tournaments have gone chalk... means good things gor NESCAC and LEC teams as an upset wont have a wheaton or a wne taking a pool c bid
Yes.  Every Pool C team in the country has appreciated that.

I think that there are several teams in the NESCAC and LEC who can win their conference tourney and not knock out a Pool C from some other region.  (Trinity Amherst and maybe... Bowdoin.  KSC, ECSU and maybe... RIC. I think that Bowdoin and RIC are on the bubble, depending on their last week's play.  We will see the Thursday Regional Rankings.)

As weak as some regions are this year (West, South, Central, Mideast, New York), I think that New England might have 3-4 Pool C bids.

Trincoll14

Trinity won the NESCAC and Southern Maine captured the Little East title

Hobbesy

2012 NCAA tournament field announced.

New England regional set:
1. Wheaton
2. St. Joseph's
3. Trinity
4. Keene St.
5. Western New England
6. Southern Maine
7. Bowdoin
8. Bridgewater St.

My thoughts:

http://ned3baseball.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/ncaa-tournament-field-announced-new-england-regional-set/