MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomt4525

What do you know...Platteville's roster is up as well.

http://athletics.uwplatt.edu/sports/mbkb/2012-13/roster

That leaves River Falls, Point and Whitewater yet to post rosters.

Greek Tragedy

I heard ESPN12 is televising the Point Purple/Gold game tonight!  :P
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

fredfalcon

Gee--sure hope the Falcon roster gets posted before first game! :)
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

thrunt01

Anyone interested in listening to the Badgers/Titans exhibition tonight can stream it online at wrst.org

Greek Tragedy

Preseason picks are out.

WW (15 1st place votes)
SP (remaining 3)
LX
PL
RF
EC
ST
SUP
OSH
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 07, 2012, 03:11:28 PM
Preseason picks are out.

WW (15 1st place votes)
SP (remaining 3)
LX
PL
RF
EC
ST
SUP
OSH

No surprises there...

Greek Tragedy

Im a little surprised that WW got 15 and SP got only 3. Thought it would be a little more even like 11:7 or 12:6.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

tomt4525

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 07, 2012, 03:25:54 PM
Im a little surprised that WW got 15 and SP got only 3. Thought it would be a little more even like 11:7 or 12:6.

I can see your point there with SP returning 12 letterwinners but WW coming off a National Championship will get them some extra first place votes.  It should be an exciting year with two heavyweights in D3 basketball battling it out, season is almost here!

frodotwo

Rosters from tonight's Purple-Gold game (Purple won 64-49);
Sean McGann        6'4"  FR
Tyler Tillema         6'3" SR  (Out w/high ankle sprain)
Tyler Forsythe       6'6"  SO  (Out w/foot injury)
Mike Ward            5'11" SO
Jordan Giordana    5'10" SR
Dan Studer           6'7"  FR
Joe Ritchay           6'3"  SO
Alex Richard          6'4"  SO
Austin Ryf            6'0"  So
Jordan Lutz           6'4"  SO
Trevor Hass          6'3'  JR
Bill Patterson        6'6"  FR
Rob DeMyers       6'5"  FR
Nate Van Handel   6'8"  SO  (Out w/injury)
Demetrius Jackson 6'2"  SO
Clayton Heuer         6'8"  JR

Hass with 20, Ryf with 15 led Purple, Richard with 19, Giordana with 10 led Gold. Inside play was lacking for the most part, team hoisted lots of outside shots. Hass shot better from three than FT line (1-6 in first half). DeMyers had a couple of big dunks, including a put back variety. Heuer showed he was capable of playing well, as did Studer, Jackson and McGann. Jackson and Ward beat out recruit Curtis Parker for a guard spot (with Jackson's older bother Devon becoming eligible after the semester). Thorne may be grey shirting and Jason Ziemer not making the cut (possibly due to chronic bad knees).  Don't know how serious the ankle sprain to Tillema is, but the team needs him on the floor.  Keeping him healthy will be a key to this season as well as how the new big men play. Figuring out the 5th starter after Heuer/Tillema/Hass/Giordana is anybody's guess but based on his play tonight I think it's Richard. We'll see next Thursday in Appleton against Lawrence.

Also heard that Oshkosh was competitive against Wisconsin for a couple of minutes before being blown out 96-44. 

tomt4525

Quote from: frodotwo on November 07, 2012, 10:59:12 PM
Tyler Tillema (Out w/high ankle sprain)
Tyler Forsythe (Out w/foot injury)
Mike Ward
Jordan Giordana
Dan Studer

Huh??  Not sure what is going on with this post.

I hope Tillema cang get his ankles healthy this year.  Forsythe is out with a broken foot, correct??

frodotwo

Quote from: tomt4525 on November 07, 2012, 11:14:46 PM
Quote from: frodotwo on November 07, 2012, 10:59:12 PM
Tyler Tillema (Out w/high ankle sprain)
Tyler Forsythe (Out w/foot injury)
Mike Ward
Jordan Giordana
Dan Studer

Huh??  Not sure what is going on with this post.

I hope Tillema cang get his ankles healthy this year.  Forsythe is out with a broken foot, correct??

I hit the wrong button before I was finished  :-[

Yes, no info on his return date. Tillema was walking OK, no limp.

stargazejerry

Hass had a great game.Richard had a nice second half. Demetrius Jackson showed some nice skills. Heuer obviously will do well this season. Zeimer and Thorne quit the team earlier. Studer struggled inside and only made one outside shot. Rob DeMyers flashed some skills. Van Handel has had a good fall but is rehabbing a sprained knee right now. Gio is working through a back ailment but will be there. Ty Tillema has an ankle he's working on but I'm sure he will be there when the bell rings. Overall a good amount of talent. Should be another good year though the conference of course is deep and good.

fredfalcon

Over-rated, Over-rated! Guess who? Which team has fewest returning/most departing starters? What's the basis, raters? Hello! Lights are on but is anybody home?  ;D

Based on performance in scrimmage vs. St. Olaf (yes, I know, it's only one scrimmage), Falcons have not replaced lost starters with transfers, improved returners.

Hope I'm wrong!
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

havej

FF - what was your opinion on the transfer PG from Concordia?  How does he compare to Kimble?