WBB: Skyline Conference

Started by Senior Hoopster, April 14, 2004, 04:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zonescantstopme

Centenary Women with a Big Win Over Stevens Last Night

Raptormania!

Bard wins tipoff tournament, toppling Rivier College, 54-46.

Raptormania!

Guess who's 3-0? That's right, Bard! 79-63 over Green Mountain. Best start by the Bard women since... well, ever.

Raptormania!

Raptormania!

As if Blaire Moldenhauer and the Bard Raptors aren't the favorite. Rebounding machine practically averaged a double-double as a freshman!

Raptormania!

If you believe that, you obviously haven't seen Blaire Moldenhauer play.

hoop junkie

I know the skyline conference is not the NJAC, or the CUNY for that matter, but what have we come to when we are talking about Bard College winning the Skyline? Lets keep some perspective in our regional basketball, they lost to national power Yeshiva in OT!!! Enough said about those Raptors!

Raptormania!

Poor hoop junkie, overwhelmed by the national media tide cresting for Bard College basketball. Get used to it, my friend. It's going to be a long year for Raptor opponents.

ichouse

Mt. St. Mary won a scrimage against Western Conn. 56-51. Will they be ready for NYU next Saturday in the season opener for both team?

jumphigh

sounds like MSMC may have reloaded after recent graduations. NYU will be a first tough test. NYU better be ready though, because MSMC has a great atmosphere for womens basketball. A couple years back I saw them take No. 1 Scraton right out of their game.

jumphigh

SKYLINE CONFERENCE
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
PRESEASON COACHES' POLL
1. Mount Saint Mary    (8) 80
2. Farmingdale State       68
3. Mount Saint Vincent (2) 67
4. Purchase                53
5t. Old Westbury           47
5t. St. Joseph's-L.I.      47
7. Polytechnic             31
8. Sage                    25
9. Bard                    23
10. Yeshiva                 9

Raptormania!

"Bard College freshman Blaire Moldenhauer was selected as the Skyline Conference Rookie of the Year in women�s basketball. Moldenhauer, who was selected Skyline Rookie of the Week four times in the final five weeks, was ranked fifth in the conference in scoring at 16.3 points per game. She was the only freshman ranked in the top 20 in scoring. Additionally, Moldenhauer ranked third in the conference in blocked shots (1.52/gm), fourth in rebounding (9.6/gm) and fifth in free throw percentage (.718)."

Hard to believe the conference's best player, improved as a sophomore, won't lead Bard to greener pastures than ninth. Looking forward to the season.

Raptormania!

And Blaire won't do it alone. She missed the first weekend with an injury, and Latiqua Williams became the first recorder D-III player to ever record a quadruple-double!

Cyclone0205

Umm Raptor, hate to burst your bubble, but a d3 girl recording a quadruple double happened in 2007...against the same team Williams did it against.

She's just the first to do it in Bard history

Raptormania!

Damn you, Wikipedia! It's true, I've also verified.

Nevertheless, it's a rare feat, and Williams should be lionized for doing it.