MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gotberg

Greg, will NPU have the games online? (sorry if this has been addressed already).
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

kiko

This was literally covered just four posts above your question.

petemcb

Thanks for the scheduling and broadcast info from NPU, NCC, and Elmhurst. My son has coached high school hoops around the Chicagoland area for almost ten years now. Between his games, holiday HS hoops tournaments, and the CCIW, that has typically filled up my winter entertainment schedule for years now. This year, I've been reduced to occasional NAIA games online involving teams I have little to no investment in. It'll be good - no, great - to be able to grab my iPad on a Saturday afternoon and watch some CCIW action. It's been a long fall/winter so far.

Gotberg

Quote from: kiko on January 14, 2021, 05:40:47 PM
This was literally covered just four posts above your question.

Whoopsie.

Thanks!
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Gregory Sager

NPU's scrimmage against Millikin has been moved to next Wednesday because someone affiliated with the Millikin men's basketball team received a positive test result.

Expect late-breaking postponements like this to be a recurring phenomenon, folks.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Titan Q

Carroll is traveling to Augustana today to scrimmage.

Titan Q

Augie only has two guys taller than 6-5 on the 2020-21 roster.  That seems so strange based on the last 15 yrs or so.

https://athletics.augustana.edu/sports/mens-basketball/roster

augie77

The Vikings also have just one senior (Jack Jelen) and two juniors.  Sounds like a rebuild, alas.

Titan Q

Wheaton and IWU are scrimmaging in Bloomington today.

Titan Q

I got a quick summary report from Rock Island...

Carroll defeated Augustana in the scrimmage today...and it was not all that close.

Augie was without a couple guys who will end up in their starting lineup.

Titan Q

In the MBB scrimmage in Bloomington...

Wheaton won the 1st half 45-37.

IWU won the 2nd 40-31.

(Scrimmage played as two separate halves with scoreboard reset after 1st.)

IWU scoring leaders:
* Charlie Bair (6-7 F): 16 pts
* Cody Mitchell (6-7 F): 11
* Pete Lambesis (6-4 G): 10
* Matt Leritz (6-7 F): 10
* Cory Noe (6-2 G): 10
* Doug Wallen (6-5 F): 10

Wheaton, I'm told, looked very good.

* They were led in scoring by 6-7 senior F Gavin Hawkins.
* Returning 1st Team All-CCIW guard Nyameye Adom played well.
* 6-5 senior F Cade Alioth also had a big game.

Titan Q

Quote from: Titan Q on January 16, 2021, 05:52:29 PM
I got a quick summary report from Rock Island...

Carroll defeated Augustana in the scrimmage today...and it was not all that close.

Augie was without a couple guys who will end up in their starting lineup.

Carroll 93
Augustana 67

Titan Q

Here is my IWU MBB Season Preview, Part 2. (Part 1 is here - https://iwuhoops.com/preview2021.pdf.)

Ron Rose and I cover:

-The Pandemic
-The Fall
-6-week break
-Jan practice
-Sacrifice/testing
-Bosko
-Coach G
-2020-21 Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2YUg9QvsqM&t=5s

iwu70

Good work, Q.  Let's hope this season can happen.

'70

Titan Q

Quote from: iwu70 on January 18, 2021, 05:01:36 PM
Good work, Q.  Let's hope this season can happen.

'70

There is every intention now of making it happen.  Saturday is a go.  I give the CCIW Presidents and athletic department leaders huge kudos for fighting so hard to give student-athletes a chance to compete.

Now just a matter of, a) following protocols, and probably more importantly, b) getting lucky. 

There are going to be positive cases and postponements/cancellations.  As we look to every level of basketball (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, NBA) we see that.

Gonna be an interesting ride.