Kentucky Wesleyan College Looking into Moving Sports to D-III

Started by radiodavel, February 26, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Thanks for the link!

The font settings on that message board make it very hard to read!

Thanks to Pat Coleman for the message board layout that we have here!

(I have been to that board occasionally over the last 3-5 years to follow up on D2 opponents that we play in the ASC.  The board is not as well organized as these, IMHO.)

BUBeaverFan

Amen to the D3Hoops layout superiority.  Working at a NCAA DII institution, with a moderately successful athletic program, I do visit the DII board with some regularity but I post quite infrequently.  As a graduate of Bluffton University I have a special fondness and appreciation for DIII athletics. Being in NW Ohio affords me the opportunity to watch some pretty decent DIII athletics regardless of which sports season and without having to travel very far.  More and more former NAIA schools, in Ohio, are going the DII route so it will be interesting to see how that changes the sports landscape here in the Buckeye state.

BUBeaverFan

Kentucky Wesleyan has a press conference scheduled for 3:00 pm (CDT) today 10/10/2011 to discuss the future of KWC athletics. 

BUBeaverFan

Quote from: BUBeaverFan on October 10, 2011, 03:15:25 PM
Kentucky Wesleyan has a press conference scheduled for 3:00 pm (CDT) today 10/10/2011 to discuss the future of KWC athletics.

KWC votes to join with Cedarville University, Urbana University, Central State University, Notre Dame College and Ursuline College in forming a new new NCAA DII conference.

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

BUBeaverFan

Quote from: ADL70 on October 10, 2011, 08:23:25 PM
Will they be joined by Walsh and Malone?

All indications point to Walsh and Malone joining the NCAA DII Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC). I think an Ohio based GLIAC South and a Michigan based GLIAC North seems to be the direction the GLIAC might be going.  If the new league gets up and running it might be possible that some eastern teams from the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) would consider this new league but those are pretty big ifs.