WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim the Enchanter

I was looking through the Lady Royals twitter feed and noticed that Katie Broderick was originally slated to become an assistant coach for the upcoming year.

https://twitter.com/ScrantonWBB/status/1117536108076851202

Does anyone know if that's off the table now?  I'm guessing it is...

ronk

Don't know for sure, just speculating that it was a grad assistant position while Katie finished her academic program. Under that scenario, it makes even more sense for the new coach to continue that agreement considering Katie's familiarity with the players, program, opponents, conference, etc during the transition.

ronk

Quote from: Tim the Enchanter on July 16, 2019, 12:22:21 PM
I was looking through the Lady Royals twitter feed and noticed that Katie Broderick was originally slated to become an assistant coach for the upcoming year.

https://twitter.com/ScrantonWBB/status/1117536108076851202

Does anyone know if that's off the table now?  I'm guessing it is...

I have it on good authority that Katie Broderick will be assisting the Lady Royals this season.

Tim the Enchanter

That would be great for the continuity of the program!

Rofrog

Should be a great game in Vegas on December 28th and 30th- George fox 28th,St Vincent the 30th

ronk

George Fox should be a test; was hoping for a match with Amherst in the other game, though.

Looks like Rosemont became the last of the nonconference/non tourney opponents after Marywood and DeSales. Got to schedule Philly-area schools for those on the current roster and future recruiting. Cabrini absent after many years. UP-Bradford or Gwynedd-Mercy will be the 2nd day opponent @ Gwynedd-Mercy.
Don't remember being informed who the teams are in the Poinsettia classic.

Rofrog

Lady Royals open up at Gwynedd Mercy tipoff tourney first game is Ursinus not sure who else is in it beside Gwynedd Mercy,UofS and Ursinus to open up the seaon Nov.15th,16th

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on July 29, 2019, 07:34:58 PM
Lady Royals open up at Gwynedd Mercy tipoff tourney first game is Ursinus not sure who else is in it beside Gwynedd Mercy,UofS and Ursinus to open up the seaon Nov.15th,16th

UP-Bradford

Tim the Enchanter

It looks like Elmira is one of the teams in the Poinsettia Classic.

ronk

With a  6-19 record last season, I hope Elmira isn't an opponent for SOS purposes.

Tim the Enchanter

Hopefully there's a decent opponent in the other game of the classic...

But that being said, I think their OOC SOS isn't bad.  Yes, they are playing some teams because of location that won't likely help their SOS, but George Fox, DeSales, Rosemont, St. Vincent were tourney teams, and I wouldn't overlook Ursinus.  They were the 4th team in the Centennial conference with the top three making the tourney, and they did not graduate any impact players this year.

Rofrog

The other two teams in the tournament are Salisbury and Misericordia

ronk

Got former prospects on both Salisbury & Miseries, so we'll be playing 1 of them in the 2nd game.

Rofrog

Wow!!!Basketball season is about two months away.Lady Royals should be a contender in the Landmark again!!Another year another coach steps in just like Trevor did with great players to start off with.We lose one tremendous player in Mann.But we also have 4 great players plus a very strong bench coming back with Mason,Recupero,Warhiftig and of course the show stopper herself Emily coming back!Rodriguez,Gammo,Shurina,McCurdy(who I was very impressed with as a freshman last year)Then you have Hannah Kowalski which I think will step right in to fill Manns shoes which will be hard to fill but the lady is just a great ball player and many more contributed to this team and with the new recruits this team should be well fit in with the elite programs in the country.So I'm very excited and seeing the up tempo game and very stingy defense that Coach Nick Dipillo brings from a very outstanding coaching career  he has had and will have can not wait for Royals and Lady Royals basketball should be a great year for both .Nov cant come fast enough