The Big Dance

Started by Falconer, November 05, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blooter442

Quote from: rudy on November 09, 2018, 02:21:42 PM
anybody have suggestions on games being played today worth watching?

Calvin kicks off in 14 minutes and I think it's worth a watch, if nothing else because Calvin plays some nice stuff.

IIRC Carthage plays later, 5:30.

lastguyoffthebench

There are some excellent fixtures on Saturday:

1:30 St. Joseph's vs Middlebury
1:30 Springfield vs Ramapo
2:30 W&L vs JHU
2:30 Augsburg vs UW-Superior
5:00 Colby vs Montclair St
5:00 WConn vs F&M
7:30 MW vs Eastern
7:30 SLU vs Brockport St
7:30 Haverford vs NYU

Flying Weasel

Yes, guys, I am well aware of how PK shootout wins are officially recorded.  So, . . . Messiah won the 2008 final 1-1.

Ommadawn

Quote from: PaulNewman on November 09, 2018, 12:47:01 PM
And while Chicago can tout Amos Alonzo Stagg, John Carroll can counter with Don Shula and Don Shula Field.

Springfield can also claim Stagg, as he coached for two years there before his 40+ year run in Chicago.

rudy

Quote from: blooter442 on November 09, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
Quote from: rudy on November 09, 2018, 02:21:42 PM
anybody have suggestions on games being played today worth watching?

Calvin kicks off in 14 minutes and I think it's worth a watch, if nothing else because Calvin plays some nice stuff.

IIRC Carthage plays later, 5:30.

Thanks. Missed Calvin game it looks like they took care I business. Yes they do play nice soccer. I'll watch second half of Carthage...close game so far.

PaulNewman

I was just getting ready to ask if Carthage could pull off the Central Region triple.....Chicago, North Park and Calvin....and then UW-P scores two to go up 2-1.  Good, entertaining game.

Remnants of snubmania.....St Norbert beat both of these teams.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 09, 2018, 01:01:00 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 08, 2018, 03:43:55 PM
I'd love to see interactions on the boards from around the country, but much like the distribution of schools in Division III, so is the population and also fan-hood of those schools. You would have to have a larger, disproportionate, portion of fanhood and posters to compensate.

That said ... in my experience the biggest chunk of posters come from the Midwest.

That's true in the other sports, but it's not true for the men's soccer section of d3boards.com. The posters for this particular sport are very heavily weighted to the northeastern side of the AMP Line.

I was talking about the boards generically. Not being too specific.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: PaulNewman on November 09, 2018, 06:57:58 PM
I was just getting ready to ask if Carthage could pull off the Central Region triple.....Chicago, North Park and Calvin....and then UW-P scores two to go up 2-1.  Good, entertaining game.

In last year's tournament North Park beat largely the same UWP side in the second round, 6-1, and it wasn't even as close as the score indicated. Logan Rinderknecht, the main offensive weapon of the Pioneers, had a hat trick tonight against Carthage. Last season against NPU he didn't even get a SOG.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

fan23

Quote from: PaulNewman on November 09, 2018, 06:57:58 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. Must have been a tough game for SNC players to watch/follow.

Mr.Right

Keystone unexpectedly scores off a corner kick pinball and finish to lead Case 1-0 about 15 minutes in...Case has also missed a PK in this game and are dominating possession but not the scoreboard...Keystone comes from the weak CSAC league but did beat Etown 4-3 in the first game of the year. I would be willing to bet this league has not produced an NCAA Win in years or ever?

Mr.Right

Keystone holding on here as it is Halftime and they have a surprising 1-0 lead over Case. Looks like it is kinds trying to snow in Cleveland.

Mr.Right

Case draws even in the first minute of the 2nd Half off a rebound from Keystone GK from a bullet....1-1

Meanwhile, Messiah is all over Baruch but still 0-0 late in the 1st Half...Baruch upset Staten Island in their league as they were not even the best team in that league. Once Messiah gets one I am sure the floodgates will open.

Mr.Right

Baruch looks organized defensively in what looks to be a tight 5-4-1....

Mr.Right

Messiah finally gets one off a rip and a GK save but a juicy rebound is finished when the GK left his net to go after the rebound and did not dive on the ball and Messiah beat the GK to the ball and crossed an easy pass near the goalline and it was an easy finish. Should be ballgame 1-0 Messiah almost Halftime...

So really now the only surprise at this point is Case still level with Keystone 1-1 about 10-15 minutes into 2nd Half.

Ommadawn

Enjoying the Flying Weasel halftime update...