BB: NACC: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by bodhi5, February 01, 2006, 10:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodhi5

Looking ahead, does anybody have any thoughts on the new conference being developed for next season?  (LMC + NIIC = ?)

BigPoppa

Quote from: bodhi5 on February 14, 2006, 11:03:47 AM
Looking ahead, does anybody have any thoughts on the new conference being developed for next season?  (LMC + NIIC = ?)

It should be a solid conference... many very tough teams and many so-so teams. I have a feeling that it will surely result in a case of the haves and the have-nots. I am guessing that their most likely be two tiers of quality in the conference.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

REDMENFAN

How is it working? Are they taking some teams from each conference, or all the teams and having it be just one huge conference like the Big East now is?

BigPoppa

I am guessing it will be one huge conference with north/south or east/west divisions to alleviate some travel problems. Probably take top two from each division into the conference tourney... it just seems that it would work out best that way.

BigPoppa

Can I assume that nobody has info on these conference teams??

REDMENFAN

Don't know the names of the players who transferred to oshkosh last year from Lakeland, but I heard these kids all transferred back to Lakeland. Anyone know if this is true or not?

cubs

Quote from: REDMENFAN on February 15, 2006, 08:00:32 PM
Don't know the names of the players who transferred to oshkosh last year from Lakeland, but I heard these kids all transferred back to Lakeland. Anyone know if this is true or not?
I know Mitch Heinemeyer transferred back, but I'm not sure it will be much of an impact.  The kid hit .061 (2x33) last season in 18 games (8 starts) with 12 K's in only 40 plate appearances. 
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

BigPoppa

Quote from: cubs on February 16, 2006, 02:42:04 PM
Quote from: REDMENFAN on February 15, 2006, 08:00:32 PM
I know Mitch Heinemeyer transferred back, but I'm not sure it will be much of an impact.  The kid hit .061 (2x33) last season in 18 games (8 starts) with 12 K's in only 40 plate appearances. 

It is like moving from a small fish in a big pond(WIAC) to a big fish in a small pond(LMC)... he may very well have a solid season. Pitching is not nearly as deep in the LMC as it is in the WIAC.

REDMENFAN

Thanks for the info guys. I thought it may have been more the one player, but that may be it.

BigPoppa

I would guess in to be the second/third week in March in Florida or another southern trip.

baseballfan25

I believe both Clarke and Rockford open up next weekend.

pannounce

Heinemeyer is a nice ball player along with Schmidt who should start again back in the outfield.  I think they may have had a pitcher come back as well.  They will miss Plucinski, who wasted his last year of eligibility at UWO.  Lakeland should be back into the mix of things, but they need some more depth at pitching.  I know they had their catcher see some innings on the mound last year, and that isn't the best scenario they can ask for this year.  Concordia should be competetive, but I still think Edgewood is still the team that everyone will chase throughout the conference season.

cubs

Quote from: pannounce on February 17, 2006, 03:29:58 PM
I think they may have had a pitcher come back as well.  They will miss Plucinski, who wasted his last year of eligibility at UWO. 
If a pitcher came back, his name is Curt Hendricks from DePere.

As far as Plucinski, he pretty much "screwed" himself when he transferred out to Arizona.  That kind of put him behind everyone else.  He would have been better off staying at Lakeland, or transferring to UWO in the Fall along with the rest of the Lakeland guys.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

REDMENFAN

What's the story with Pluscinski? I remember reading about him, and I believe he played in the northwoods league as well one summer and did very well. If I'm understanding it right, he transferred to I'm guessing a D-1 for a semester and realized he wasn't going to pitch and then transferred to oshkosh at semester and also didn't pitch much? Someone please fill me in. If this is the case, I wonder why he just didn't transfer back to Lakeland.

REDMENFAN

One more thing...any Edgewood backers out there, do you know if Marcus Elfering is still playing? I played summer ball with him for a year in high school, just curious to see how he's doing. Him and former Edgewood player Ryan Klemko were from the same high school, I know Klemko had a good career there, not sure how Marcus has done.