FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill McCabe

Quote from: Stephen1452 on October 18, 2005, 12:00:10 AM
Yes there will be fans at the hsu/umhb thriller on saturday. That seems to be a silly question seeing that some of us traveled on a bus to three games over 24 hours away. Plus we know that this is the game for umhb. If we lose it's over, if we win we have a chance at playoffs. Don't worry we will have fan support.

Stephen,  I will be flying to Abilene from Ottawa, Canada, to see the game.  No way I would miss this.  I think it is a must win for UMHB.

minni

Treat indeed but you just tell me when you will be here and ill throw you a freakin parade. 

Phife

Sig Free Zone...

Kelly Boggs

Bill,

I think you are right. UMHB's back is against the wall. They will have to play up to their potential this week or it could get ugly. However, I am holding out hope for the Crusaders to respond to the pressure the way did last year. I would love for my two favorite teams to meet in the Stagg again. While the odds don't look too favorable for that to happen right now, they could be altered with a win this Saturday.

I will listen to most of the game via the 'net and then go and watch Linfield roll over UPS.

GO UMHB - GO LINFIELD
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Bill McCabe

UMHBalum-n-Catland,

I hope our defense will be able to force some turnovers.  UMHB will have to pressure the QB, just as we did last year.  The front four are very talented and I like the speed of the linebackers.  Lots of experience in the secondary.  Kubiak made 2 big interceptions in last years playoff game.  They will need that again.

The offense will have to control the game running the ball.  That was how we beat HSU last year and why we lost the regular season game in Belton.  Bryson needs a game like he had many times last year, so the O-line will have to be at their best.

Kelly Boggs

Bill,

Sounds like a solid game plan coach :)! Cheer on the Cru in my stead - or as my son likes to put it, "Say it loud and say it proud!"

Up with the purple!

UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Phife

Two hints for UMHB players and coaches...don't punt to May and play good run defense...HSU has killed many opponents by running all over them after having a 25 yard punt return.
Sig Free Zone...

dballa

I'm pretty sure UMHB knows what to do and what not to do on special teams considering they have PJ Williams on their team.

eagle

Looking for TLU to get back on track, to many freshman to quick when they thought the game was won. Salinas had a solid game, to bad the score does not indicate how well the defense actually played. Long road trip to Mississippi this weekend. Hopefully they will play the entire game this week. ???

Toby Taff

Quote from: UMHBalum-n-Catland on October 18, 2005, 03:35:43 PM
Bill,

Sounds like a solid game plan coach :)! Cheer on the Cru in my stead - or as my son likes to put it, "Say it loud and say it proud!"

Up with the purple!

Kelly,

My clan also has your clan covered.  My football hating wife is even donning the Purple Gold and White for this game.  Hope all is well in McMinnville.

My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Bill McCabe

UMHB brought a pretty good crowd the last 2 games they played in Abilene.  Hope Saturday sees the same.  I think it is a great atmosphere, great stadium, etc.  I'm anxious to see the game.

flyboy

HSU has only to play their game and stay focused.  There is no doubt that if that happens UMHB will go home with two losses for the season and out of the Stagg hunt. 
PS. I sure miss watching Matt play.

CwbyFann

Yes up with the purple and gold indeed.  HOOYAH COWBOYS!!!

sthrncwby

I hope both teams play well.  Gotta believe HSU wins with a strong showing at home.  All phases of the game, dominated by HSU.  Great day to be young and a cowboy.  Hooyah Cowboys.

Josh Bowerman

Nice ATR column this week, Ron.  Sorry I won't be able to be there with you this time.  Have a good trip, though--and try to remember some of that culinary stuff I taught you last time!   ;)
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass