FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3 Fan

There will not be any full staff and Kavanaugh is at Bishop Stang.

K-Mack

Quote from: Jonny Utah on June 20, 2007, 05:38:49 PM
Quote from: Shoreman on June 19, 2007, 09:34:19 PM
UMass D finally hires a coach, sounds like he's a good football man. Anybody know more about his background?

Ive heard of him, but I dont think he will have any full time coaches and the assistants are usually guys that just got out of college with no expereince.

That was the sense I got from the job board posting too.

Almost thought it might be a good story idea for the site one day. I'm pretty sure I could coach something, or at least watch the water bottles.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

nefan

The 2007 Season starts and the NEFC will be up for grabs again !!! The favorites are Bridgewater,Fitchburg, UMass Dartmouth , Endicott and Curry... Any new players (transfers ) plenty of new coaches 

InTheMix

I haven't heard anything about any new studs in the NEFC this year. I just wanted to add another team that is in the running for champ, Coast Guard.

D3 Fan

I would say CC should be in the mix but unless something drastically changes at Curry....who else will beat them??? This may be EC's year but time is running out for them, BSC was young last year with good talent, UMD was young last year with good talent, and WNEC with a full time coach in his 2nd year might be interesting. 

My thoughts are UMD, Curry and EC fight it out and WorS, CC, and BSC on the other side.  Curry vs. BSC for the Championship...Sorry EC, until you change the offense playing good defense will only get you so far...  CC will always be a cyclical team, up one year down the next but they sure will compete hard along the way...

union89

Quote from: D3 Fan on August 14, 2007, 01:04:19 PM
I would say CC should be in the mix but unless something drastically changes at Curry....who else will beat them??? This may be EC's year but time is running out for them, BSC was young last year with good talent, UMD was young last year with good talent, and WNEC with a full time coach in his 2nd year might be interesting. 

My thoughts are UMD, Curry and EC fight it out and WorS, CC, and BSC on the other side.  Curry vs. BSC for the Championship...Sorry EC, until you change the offense playing good defense will only get you so far...  CC will always be a cyclical team, up one year down the next but they sure will compete hard along the way...

I would venture to say that Coast Guard will consistantly be near the top of the NEFC almost every year.  Even in 'down' years, Coast Guard was competative within the LL and FFC.

Pat Coleman

I agree that they should be competitive in the NEFC year in and year out, but they were not competitive in their previous conferences anytime recently.

1999 (1-9, 1-5 FFC)
2000 (2-8, 0-6 FFC)
2001 (2-7, 1-5 FFC)
2002 (2-7, 1-5 FFC)
2003 (4-5, 3-3 FFC)
2004 (1-8, 0-7 LL)
2005 (2-7, 0-7 LL)
2006 (8-3, 7-0 NEFC Bogan)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

union89

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 14, 2007, 02:25:14 PM
I agree that they should be competitive in the NEFC year in and year out, but they were not competitive in their previous conferences anytime recently.

1999 (1-9, 1-5 FFC)
2000 (2-8, 0-6 FFC)
2001 (2-7, 1-5 FFC)
2002 (2-7, 1-5 FFC)
2003 (4-5, 3-3 FFC)
2004 (1-8, 0-7 LL)
2005 (2-7, 0-7 LL)
2006 (8-3, 7-0 NEFC Bogan)

I hear ya....I should have elaborated on my thought.  I meant that CG was usually in games...they rarely get blown out.

Pat Coleman

The option offense shortens the game, though, to an extent.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

gullgrad

So, does anyone know any early preseason news?  Just under 2 weeks away for some of the openers and the posting is slow.  Lets get some chatter here.  I know my Gulls with the addition of Coach Val will have an improved O (we can hope).  What else is there???

K-Mack

Quote from: gullgrad on August 19, 2007, 01:51:02 PMSo, does anyone know any early preseason news? 

I know one place where there's some, mostly straight out the horses' mouths.

It's gonna cost you though.

All the insight after this is free, we swear.  ;)
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

gullalum

Any word if Endicott has done anything different offensively?

63Center

Does anyone know why the Sept 1, EC vs. Framingham game is listed as an exhibition scrimmage game?  That leaves EC with 9 official games as opposed to the usual 10 they have played in the pprevious years. 

D3 Fan

Probably because the administration at Framingham wouldn't pay for a tenth game which would have meant the team coming into camp a week earlier...

With money being tight, the state schools really have to fight for 10 regular season games...

InTheMix

probably because EC is getting tired of not playing a post season game. If  they play 10 regular season games it means that they are not even eligible for an ECAC bid.