FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobash

Hey tiger_alum...have you felt the new field surface?  Does it actually feel like grass, or more like easter basket filler?  That pic of it looks good under the construction pics. 

Last time I was on that field I was struck by how much it felt like a trampoline.  Hopefully it feels a little more field-like now.

tiger_alum

It is my understanding, they put in the new field turf.  If that is the case, I have been on some samples of it.  It does feel good (at least to my liking).

I no longer live in Ohio; therefore I don't get back often.  So to answer you question, no I haven't been on it, but I agree, it does look good.

BashDad

Krock:
Looking for outside perspective from camp which you may have relating to "holes"--e-mail me if you would prefer.

Also, what are developments growing out of earlier reported moving of a LB to offensive side?

A subject that we discussed a lot last year in person, would seem to be if the offing in '05.  Still--how do you keep an old boy--like yourself--"at home on the farm?"
Last year's Allegheny game is a case in point, I think.

BashDad

S. Florida connection:
Re: our discussion of yesterday--try BB16.

bashbrother

Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

wally_wabash

Oh please tell me they're going to paint the end zones pink.  It just wouldn't be the same without the pink endzones. 

Bashbacker765

Looking forward to the upcoming year.  Should be a great competition at QB this year.  Huff and Neighbors have to be the front runners.  Harbaugh could be in the hunt.  Anyone know anything about Hasty or Lehmann?  Both are good size.  Any new RB in camp to give Ogdon help?

scotty

witt4ever, interesting post...is that highly unusual for a Wittenberg recruiting class...Wooster had 32 last week but i dont know how many dropped off in any...was Clark that strong ...
Boo Creepy Foot Doctor, Hooray Beer.

krock

BashDad - you lost me, remember I struggled in foreign languages at Bash (along with everything else!).  I'll email you.

Interesting on the Witt recruiting class.  That is the risk of running articles/announcements on recruiting classes in D3 - you never know until they actually show up. 

The Wabash roster looks to have been fully updated but I believe there are some errors.  I am sure BH will get those fixed (for example, I know Burnett isn't 209 unless he lost about 90 this week!  He is a 2-time Chicago City Wrestling champ at Heavyweight too.  Some interesting changes in weights, both up and down.  Notice 2 Frosh OL:  Shaver from Perry Meridian - 6'4 316 and Morris from CA at 6'6 314.  Not sure if either can play but that is freaking huge size!

On paper, this LB corps looks great and in shape.

BashDad - I'll get more scoop this weekend.

bashbrother

I just noticed that everyone in the NCAC is in action on Sept. 3rd except Wabash & Kenyon, who kick off Sept. 10th.

Question:  Why has Wabash started their season one week after almost everyone in the NCAC for the last five years?  Wouldn't it be nice to have a mid-season week off?  Anyone?

Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

GoGheny

I think Gheny Opens this season with a bye week too.

GoGheny

sorry I think thats next year that happens

Ryan Tipps

Bashbro --
I asked that very same question about a month ago. The reply (from LilGiant, I think) was that it has something to do with the first week each football season conflicting with rush week. Therefore, Wabash takes it's bye week at its first possible chance and plays 10 games straight through afterward. With a school like Wabash that is so heavily dependent on fraternities, it's understandable, though I'm not necessarily a fan of that strategy.

To anyone --
Is there someone in charge of the Pick 'Ems this year. I haven't heard any mention of it yet. I was a lurker on the boards the past two years, and I'm eager to get in on the picks this year!
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

Li'l Giant

I was the one that posited that opening week of football conflicted with rush week but it was mere conjecture. I honestly have no idea why it's that way.
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

BashDad

WC Legacy:
Wally said yesterday that he would handle the Pick-em again, that we would all get details shortly.