FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

Bye is perfectly placed for Dutchmen. If they can beat Hobart in Week 5, it would set up a huge finale for them going into IC game at 7-0.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Jonny Utah

Quote from: ITH radio on February 20, 2019, 07:15:07 AM
Bye is perfectly placed for Dutchmen. If they can beat Hobart in Week 5, it would set up a huge finale for them going into IC game at 7-0.

I see what you did there....

ITH radio

Jonny Utah

Random Team Stats from last year:

Red Zone Offense
FBS: Miami (Ohio) — 97.7 percent
FCS: Fordham — 95.2
D2: Missouri Western — 92.9
D3: Hobart (NY) — 96.9
NAIA: N/A

Rushing Defense
FBS: Michigan State — 77.9 yards per game
FCS: Maine — 79.2
D2: Minnesota-Duluth — 59.2
D3: Brockport (NY) — 6.8
NAIA: Marian (Ind.) — 98.7

Brockport had two other defensive rushing stats that led the country as well (3rd down defense 15.8 and Yards per carry allowed .31)

Jonny Utah

That Brockport rushing defense is a pretty sick stat.  Look at the stats from last year:

Hobart 5
IC 24
SLU 1
SJF -51
Wick -37
Buff St -48
Alfred -12
Utica -62
Cortland 66
Morrisville 62
Framingham 3
RPI 106

Bartman

Today is all about Lacrosse for the 2-0 Statesmen.... Cornell at the Boz @5pm.....a little early in the year for any Lake Trout greetings for the Big Red.....optimistic for a Statesmen home win with Pedicine at the X and many High scorers on the attack... although Cornell is #4 without having played a game and loaded with talent....not much interested in Football today....posted this here with the loss of laxpower.com to voice my support...GOBART
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on February 22, 2019, 10:10:50 AM
Today is all about Lacrosse for the 2-0 Statesmen.... Cornell at the Boz @5pm.....a little early in the year for any Lake Trout greetings for the Big Red.....optimistic for a Statesmen home win with Pedicine at the X and many High scorers on the attack... although Cornell is #4 without having played a game and loaded with talent....not much interested in Football today....posted this here with the loss of laxpower.com to voice my support...GOBART

Lax.com has revamped some of its features.  Although not the same as laxpower, it is a little better than what it used to be (in terms of linking to scores, teams, standings, rosters etc)

Also Ithaca and RIT in the top 20 for LL teams with RPI and Union having good squads as well recently.

Caz Bombers

google up Fan Lax, it's basically the whole LaxPower forum system ported over, it looks pretty much the same to me

Jonny Utah

Just saw the RPI head coach's twitter feed.  He says "Recruits, I can now follow you because of NCAA rule".

Those exact words.  Doesn't he mean "can't follow"?  He only follows 27 people anyway.

ITH radio

Quote from: Jonny Utah on February 22, 2019, 11:35:26 AM
Quote from: Bartman on February 22, 2019, 10:10:50 AM

Lax.com has revamped some of its features.  Although not the same as laxpower, it is a little better than what it used to be (in terms of linking to scores, teams, standings, rosters etc)

Also Ithaca and RIT in the top 20 for LL teams with RPI and Union having good squads as well recently.

Fanlax.com resurrected the old LP boards btw

Oline89

Quote from: Jonny Utah on February 22, 2019, 04:18:11 PM
Just saw the RPI head coach's twitter feed.  He says "Recruits, I can now follow you because of NCAA rule".

Those exact words.  Doesn't he mean "can't follow"?  He only follows 27 people anyway.

I think he is referring to new rules that the DIII adopted last month, "The new rules, effective immediately, will also allow coaches to friend or follow prospective student-athletes on social media platforms."  Apparently this is in line with DI and DII rules

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Oline89 on February 24, 2019, 08:10:07 AM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on February 22, 2019, 04:18:11 PM

I think he is referring to new rules that the DIII adopted last month, "The new rules, effective immediately, will also allow coaches to friend or follow prospective student-athletes on social media platforms."  Apparently this is in line with DI and DII rules

Yea that is what I figured.  Although assistant coaches and "programs" have followed kids for a while.  But it was just worded funny so I was wondering.

Oline89

Just to add a little juice to the board....Hobart Football starts spring practices this weekend. 

UfanBill

Union has named it's 2019 captains...WR Griffen Beal, LB Evan Gilland and LB George Reed. All will be seniors. Interestingly Reed participated in senior day last year but missed his sophomore season so he's been granted another year. Reed was the very capable backup to departed star LB Jack Reilly so that position (more of a DE) is covered.  LET'S GO U. 
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

ITH radio

RPI looks like it's bringing in a big class. Union hasn't really publicized much recruiting news yet, but assume will soon. IC has also been low key with respect to new recruits, but guessing they're focused on spring practice and will get around to pushing out new player info later in the spring as I imagine most of their admits will come via regular decision.

By my "math" Hobart has "signed" about a dozen guys so far, the most recent commit being a 5A QB from Frisco, TX. Rio Schmidt '18 was from Mason, TX but I can't recall anyone else in the past 25 years coming to Geneva from the Lone Star state.

The majority of the other kids look like DBs and linemen, clearly an area of focus for DeWall and his staff. One of the players got a lot of local (Buffalo) press on his commitment to Hobart, as apparently he was a top prospect (was being recruited by FCS/PL schools), but time will tell if that'll convert well to the college game.