FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECFAN$2018

Congrats to Eureka.  The new boy on the block wins the conference outright!!  D3 has us projected to go to UW Whitewater.  I think North Central is more likely.   

ecreddevils

It was never going to be North Central after the loss to Lakeland.  UW-Whitewater is no surprise.  Bring em' on--offense do your thing on the ground, defense fight for every inch and get stops--we'll see what happens.

Congrats for making the playoffs in back-to-back years, huge accomplishment!

Ryan Stoppable

Week Eleven scores:

Rockford 7
Eureka 38

Lakeland 22
Aurora 25 (OT)

Wisconsin Lutheran 14
Concordia Wisconsin 21

Benedictine 54
Concordia Chicago 41

2018 NACC Standings
1. Eureka 6-1 (9-1)
2. Concordia Wisconsin 5-2 (7-3)
2. Aurora 5-2 (5-5)
4. Lakeland 4-3 (4-6)
5. Benedictine 3-4 (3-7)
6. Rockford 2-5 (3-7)
6. Wisconsin Lutheran 2-5 (2-8)
8. Concordia Chicago 1-6 (2-8)

Best of luck to Eureka in the playoffs! Also a fine season by CUW, improving over last year by five wins as they claimed their first winning season since their NACC title in 2013. (Though we at Lakeland will be needing the Cheese Bowl back next year, thank you very much. ;D)

Will be really interesting to see the all-conference selections at RB. Behind Reasnover and Moise, who should be locks for the first team, you have Bailey from AU, Williams from BU, and Rivers from LU who all had at least 980 yards and 8 TDs apiece (for comparison, 975 and 9 respectively led the league last year) - and barring any ties, one of them will only get honorable mention.
Lakeland Muskies: Fear the Fish!

NCAA Appearances
Football: 17, 16, 15, 09, 05
MBB: 04
WBB: 17, 10, 06, 04, 02, 01, 99
Baseball: 03, 02 (College World Series)

formerd3db

Congratulations to Eureka and best of luck to them in the playoffs.

Also, quite a turn-around at Concordia-Wis, wouldn't you say? After Hope crushed them last year in 2017s final game if the season, I was not expecting them to do well this year. Would that not qualify as among one or the best reversals for a program, similar to Hope back in 2016?
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

ECFAN$2018

FYI -- Coach Ponx at AU is gone.  They are looking for new coach.

thunderdog

Quote from: ECFAN$2018 on November 14, 2018, 09:18:59 PM

Don Beebe. It's official. Former state-title winning HC @ Aurora Christian. And, of course, former Buffalo Bill...

bleedpurple

Quote from: thunderdog on November 15, 2018, 02:53:23 PM

Don Beebe. It's official. Former state-title winning HC @ Aurora Christian. And, of course, former Buffalo Bill...

Really a quality hire. Don Beebe is a man of faith and great character.  The AU program is in good hands.

Captain_Joe08

Would like to how the coaching change went down for Aurora. Such a sudden change and a quick hire. Ponx had that program going the right direction.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Gregory Sager

... and the man noted for one of the most inspiring hustle plays in NFL history, in Super Bowl XXVII.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Rhythm21

Know it's already been discussed, but we got Don Beebe!  :o

Don't get me wrong, Ponx was doing an all right job with the program. Going 5-5 in your 5th year isn't great (And I'd like to think he expected more as well.) Most wins in a season for AU during his tenure: 6 (2016; Co-NACC champions, no playoff appearance.) Apparently the seniors, along with some other Spartans, left the end-of-the-season meeting once they were informed of the school's decision and I respect them for standing behind their coach. But hopefully the FR, SO and JR players stick around long enough to hear Coach Beebe out before they transfer. Otherwise it's looking like a rough transition period is ahead. Fingers crossed it isn't.

The amazing news is, with the name recognition and pedigree, Don Beebe is going to be able to sit across from top IL recruits' living rooms and compete with the likes of North Central, Illinois Wesleyan, etc. Excited to see where my alma mater can go from here with Don Beebe at the helm!
AU Black and Blue

lmitzel

Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 15, 2018, 10:01:42 PM

... and the man noted for one of the most inspiring hustle plays in NFL history, in Super Bowl XXVII.

What's great is that he and Leon Lett are friends now, I guess.

I think it's a good move for AU. I went to Aurora Christian, where Beebe coached for a few years and won a couple state titles (he started coaching when I was a sophomore), and beyond being a heck of a football coach, he was super nice the handful of times I talked to him. Hope he does well.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

ecreddevils

Quote from: Rhythm21 on November 15, 2018, 11:45:25 PM

Don't get me wrong, Ponx was doing an all right job with the program. Going 5-5 in your 5th year isn't great (And I'd like to think he expected more as well.) Most wins in a season for AU during his tenure: 6 (2016; Co-NACC champions, no playoff appearance.) Apparently the seniors, along with some other Spartans, left the end-of-the-season meeting once they were informed of the school's decision and I respect them for standing behind their coach. But hopefully the FR, SO and JR players stick around long enough to hear Coach Beebe out before they transfer. Otherwise it's looking like a rough transition period is ahead. Fingers crossed it isn't.

The amazing news is, with the name recognition and pedigree, Don Beebe is going to be able to sit across from top IL recruits' living rooms and compete with the likes of North Central, Illinois Wesleyan, etc. Excited to see where my alma mater can go from here with Don Beebe at the helm!

Great hire for AU. Looks like he just really wants to coach.  Chicago Trib reports he was looking to assist at NIU or leave the area for a high school job.  This type of  name recognition can only help the NACC. 

Rhythm21

Quote from: ecreddevils on November 16, 2018, 11:37:24 AM
Quote from: Rhythm21 on November 15, 2018, 11:45:25 PM

Great hire for AU. Looks like he just really wants to coach.  Chicago Trib reports he was looking to assist at NIU or leave the area for a high school job.  This type of  name recognition can only help the NACC. 

Absolutely. This is a positive hire not just for AU, but for the NACC in general. Hope this momentum somehow carries into Saturday for the NACC and Reasnover and the Red Devils go on to stun UWW (and the rest of the nation, for that matter) in Whitewater.
AU Black and Blue

warhawkguard

Quote from: ecreddevils on November 12, 2018, 02:55:12 PM
It was never going to be North Central after the loss to Lakeland.  UW-Whitewater is no surprise.  Bring em' on--offense do your thing on the ground, defense fight for every inch and get stops--we'll see what happens.

Wow, kinda quiet here now...
Proud to have worn the Purple 1991-1994
6 Time National Champions

Ryan Stoppable

Quote from: warhawkguard on November 21, 2018, 01:39:44 PM
Quote from: ecreddevils on November 12, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

Wow, kinda quiet here now...

You know,.you're right! We do have things to talk about - namely, the NACC all-conference teams that were released late last week. Congratulations especially to Offensive Player of the Year, Eureka RB Le'Anthony Reasnover (no shock there); Defensive Player of the Year, Lakeland LB Diante Moses; Freshman of the Year, Concordia Chicago WR Eric Hoff; and Coach of the Year Kurt Barth from Eureka.

Reasnover was also named as one of 13 semifinalists for the Gagliardi Trophy, a fitting capstone to a career that saw him finish in the top 10 all time in rushing yards and scoring in Division III.
Lakeland Muskies: Fear the Fish!

NCAA Appearances
Football: 17, 16, 15, 09, 05
MBB: 04
WBB: 17, 10, 06, 04, 02, 01, 99
Baseball: 03, 02 (College World Series)