FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyco80

Wow - what a game and what an upset today! 

I had a hunch the Aggies might be ripe for an upset so we loaded up the family and drove up to Doylestown, PA from Arlington, VA to watch the Warriors take on Del Val. 

Things started well with Lycoming moving the ball but the first drive was interrupted by a fumble and a quick score and it initially appeared things would not go the Warriors way but things slowly turned around for the lads from Williamsport. 

The game ended just about the time the skies opened up and as we drove away the entire DVC team was being addressed in the middle of the field by the coaching staff as the deluge arrived.  Even my ten year old daughter knew that was not good.

DVC might be the more talented team on paper but the Warriors were the victors today.

A personal salute to Coach Clark and Wiser for keeping the lads disciplined and focused all day - a true test of leadership. 

One other note:  the officials seemed to be intent on being intrusive as there was laundry on the field much of the day.

This win means the MAC is wide open this year - it will be interesting to see how DVC moves forward and what next week will portend for the Warriors who host the other valley school.

Go Warriors!

ATB

Warren Thompson

When did DVC last begin the season 0-2?

Upstate

Quote from: Warren Thompson on September 09, 2012, 08:34:05 AM
When did DVC last begin the season 0-2?

2007, they went 0-3 to start the year.

However it was versus much tougher competition (Iona, Wesley, Salisbury).
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

In an attempt to get this board a bit more lively, here are some links of interest from the Stevenson-Albright game:

First off, my D3report from the game: www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3qNRr1howY&feature=plcp
Secondly, video of the 47 year field goal for Albright to tie the game at the end of the 4th quarter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rzDrmf5ejE&feature=plcp

Enjoy!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

LANES

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on September 10, 2012, 03:19:17 PM
In an attempt to get this board a bit more lively, here are some links of interest from the Stevenson-Albright game:

First off, my D3report from the game: www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3qNRr1howY&feature=plcp
Secondly, video of the 47 year field goal for Albright to tie the game at the end of the 4th quarter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rzDrmf5ejE&feature=plcp

Enjoy!

Thanks Dave for the great recap.  Throw some highlights in next time for good measure.  We appreciate your efforts and hopefully Albright will keep up the good efforts, looks like they have had to overcome alot in the past two games to pull out the wins.  Good job Boys!

Pat Coleman

Lanes -- the purpose of the D3report is just a quick postgame discussion, no highlights. We want fans to do these, so we don't want to ask them to include things they don't have access to.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

HSCTiger74

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on September 10, 2012, 03:19:17 PM

Enjoy!

Now that's some serious hang time.    :)
TANSTAAFL

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Heck... the way he kicked it... it could have had that kind of hang time! :) Yeah... yards... duh! :P
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Lyco80

Not sure if the board is dormant or in hibernation or expired - hard to say.  I understand the silence of the Rams but wonder about the rest of the MAC.

In years past there was more than a handful of posters from Widener, Wilkes, LVC and even Albright - but now shhhhhh.

Guess folks must still be finishing up late summer yard projects.

Hard to have a chat by yourself.

Impressive Albright FG - thanks for the video clip.

Hope the Warriors can win at home this weekend - be sort of nice to see them get on a roll against the MAC.

Trust the rest of the MAC gang is well - nothing from my shipmate buddy Knight Stalker, or PBR, Gordon Mann or even Kate.

This week we have been invited to watch the Warriors in the President's box - swanky - hope they have barca-loungers!

Go Warriors!

ATB

gordonmann

Silence of the Rams.  I like that. :)

Jonny Utah

Quote from: gordonmann on September 14, 2012, 01:14:19 PM
Silence of the Rams.  I like that. :)

I thought the same thing.  Great one.

kate

Hello Lyco 80!  "Even Kate", oh well, believe it or not we were there at the DVC/Lyco game.  Congratulations to the Warriors!  We had wanted to see the half time ceremony, then we left after that.  There was some crazy weather on our way back to Easton, however we saw our friends & that made it worthwhile.   Good luck to all our MAC teams this season!

Simba

Quote from: Lyco80 on September 13, 2012, 07:01:07 PM
Not sure if the board is dormant or in hibernation or expired - hard to say.  I understand the silence of the Rams but wonder about the rest of the MAC.

In years past there was more than a handful of posters from Widener, Wilkes, LVC and even Albright - but now shhhhhh.

Guess folks must still be finishing up late summer yard projects.

Hard to have a chat by yourself.

Impressive Albright FG - thanks for the video clip.

Hope the Warriors can win at home this weekend - be sort of nice to see them get on a roll against the MAC.

Trust the rest of the MAC gang is well - nothing from my shipmate buddy Knight Stalker, or PBR, Gordon Mann or even Kate.

This week we have been invited to watch the Warriors in the President's box - swanky - hope they have barca-loungers!

Go Warriors!

ATB

Only for you, my classmate and former Warrior, Lyco80, will Simba come out of hibernation...Hope all is well with you and your family...As always, thank you for your service to our Country and have a great time at Lyco!...Tell the soon to retire Prez that Simba said "What up?"

bill

Congrats to Coach Surace and FDU tonight - winners over Kings 30-14...
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

Lyco80

Simba,

You were missed in the box and mentioned by name - just so you know.  What an awesome view and way to watch football!  The lads did not disappoint but played a spirited LVC team that kept fighting right until the end.  Their starting QB was injured early in the first half and that forced them out of a passing game plan into a more wildcat formation.  To his credit, he returned and that gave them a certain spark.  The Warriors controlled the tempo most of the day but the Flying Dutchmen refused to go away.

They can give the rest of the MAC fits and probably will.

As for the Warriors - they seem to be on a roll but there is still a lot of season left and who knows what will happen.

The play of the game was a very late interception where the DB nearly did a complete turn around to end the Dutchmen's chances - it was worthy of ESPN it was that unbelievable.

On to Albright and Go Warriors!

ATB