BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubs

Quote from: BigPoppa on July 09, 2015, 12:30:56 PM
THIS is going to be very interesting to follow as it plays out. I am not certain how things work but what are the chances Lechnir (if he wins) is awarded his job at UW-O back?
I'm not sure he even wants it now...  His kids are both going to be freshman in high school, so I am guessing he will want to watch them play.

That's the thing about this whole situation...  I think he might have actually retired on his own as recently as last year if they would have let him go out on his own terms.  Instead, the university now has to deal with a federal court case.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

badgerwarhawk

I don't know him at all but I get the impression that he would be just stubborn enough to go back to UW-Oshkosh just to piss off Sims if for no other reason. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

ShineTime

He's not paying for his new home on a Oshkosh baseball coaching salary.  He is making probably triple now as what he made as a coach.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

AppletonRocks

Quote from: ShineTime on July 10, 2015, 12:29:37 AM
He's not paying for his new home on a Oshkosh baseball coaching salary.  He is making probably triple now as what he made as a coach.

I heard he is moving to Kimberly so his sons can attend the University there, aka Kimberly High School.
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

BigPoppa

Scooter McGinnis has done a great job building an athletic powerhouse at Kimberly! And more than one of Lechnir's former players is on staff at Kimberly High School.

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

cubs

Quote from: BigPoppa on July 20, 2015, 10:21:13 AM
Scooter McGinnis has done a great job building an athletic powerhouse at Kimberly! And more than one of Lechnir's former players is on staff at Kimberly High School.
Ryan Hinske and ???

ShineTime

So how is jirschele doing in his first summer of recruiting as head coach.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

badgerwarhawk

Last night Jordan Zimmerman took the mound against Clayton Kershaw and the DODGERS.  The DODGERS won 3-0 behind Kershaw's 8 inning, 3 hit, 8 K effort.  But Zimmerman pitched very well allowing only 1 run (earned) on just 2 hits, walking one and striking out 9 batters in 7 innings.  It was a tough loss for the former Pointer who's season record dropped to 8-8.  Obviously you can't win when your guys get shutout.

The WARHAWKS recently returned from a European tour which saw them go 4-0 with wins against the Swiss national team (20-9), Austria's Attnang-Puchhiem (20-0), the Slovakian national team (13-3) and Italy's Parma Juniors (12-0). 

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWKS head coach John Vodenich has announced the hiring of Tom Klawitter who will serve as the team's pitching coach.  Klawitter was drafted by the DODGERS and pitched a portion of the 1985 season for the Minnesota Twins.  Most recently he retired from a teaching position at Janesville Parker.  In addition to functioning as an assistant baseball coach at Parker, and earlier Craig High School, he was a very successful girls basketball coach leading the Vikings to 16 conference championships, 12 state tournament appearances, 3 state championships finishing with a 564-128 won/loss record.   

His son, Ross, was the shortstop on the 2005 National Championship team. 

cubs

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on September 29, 2015, 03:20:13 PM
WARHAWKS head coach John Vodenich has announced the hiring of Tom Klawitter who will serve as the team's pitching coach. Klawitter was drafted by the DODGERS and pitched a portion of the 1985 season for the Minnesota Twins.  Most recently he retired from a teaching position at Janesville Parker.  In addition to functioning as an assistant baseball coach at Parker, and earlier Craig High School, he was a very successful girls basketball coach leading the Vikings to 16 conference championships, 12 state tournament appearances, 3 state championships finishing with a 564-128 won/loss record.   

His son, Ross, was the shortstop on the 2005 National Championship team.
Can still remember facing Klawitter numerous times in the WIsconsin State League when he pitched for the Janesville Aces....

Voice of the Titans

Long for the days of a Klawitter/Gene Mand matchup.
We started that WRST Sports sh**.

tomt4525

First huge recruiting victory for Coach Jirschele...Turner Doornink of Clintonville and a 2014 First Team All Stater, will be transferring from St Cloud Tech and attending UWSP to play baseball.  He will be a sophomore this year.  I assume he'll play 1B or 3B and hit in the middle of the order that was vacated by McHugh.

cubs

Quote from: tomt4525 on December 04, 2015, 06:25:03 PM
First huge recruiting victory for Coach Jirschele...Turner Doornink of Clintonville and a 2014 First Team All Stater, will be transferring from St Cloud Tech and attending UWSP to play baseball.  He will be a sophomore this year.  I assume he'll play 1B or 3B and hit in the middle of the order that was vacated by McHugh.
Not sure I would go that far....  It was probably the easiest time he will have convincing a recruit to go to Stevens Point with both the Jirschele and Doornink families both being from Clintonville. 

It would have been more of a surprise had Doornink ended up at a different school in my opinion...

tomt4525

Quote from: cubs on December 05, 2015, 11:52:27 AM
Not sure I would go that far....  It was probably the easiest time he will have convincing a recruit to go to Stevens Point with both the Jirschele and Doornink families both being from Clintonville. 

It would have been more of a surprise had Doornink ended up at a different school in my opinion...

I said huge recruiting victory based on Turner's talent alone, not on how hard Jirchele had to work to get him on campus.  With that said, it was more difficult than you think it was.  I know Turner personally, I know his family....at no point was this a sure thing until he made his decision while on Point's campus this week.  Yes, the previous relationship Turner had with the Jirchele's was a huge plus for Point, it still took a lot for Turner to make the decision to leave St Cloud Tech earlier than his plan of 2 years.

AppletonRocks

Quote from: cubs on December 05, 2015, 11:52:27 AM

Jirschele had to throw in a deluxe ice fishing shanty on Lake DuBay in order to get him back from St Cloud.  ;)
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion