BB: Regionals (West) 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Started by DIIIBASEBALLFAN, April 30, 2008, 11:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChapFan

CrashDavisD3

Rauh goes in the 9th to try close it out
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

CAT BAT 22

CrashDavisD3

Chapman is going back to Appleton

Chapman comes from behind in 9th. Rauh strikes out 2 and gets the SAVE
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."

CAT BAT 22

Congrats Panthers... win it all in Wisconsin.

Good year 'Cats

D O.C.

Good goin' Chapman. Win 'em when they count.
At least we didn't lose to a SCIAC school.   :-*

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Just_Some_Guy on May 21, 2011, 03:37:41 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 21, 2011, 01:45:09 PM
Quote from: Just_Some_Guy on May 21, 2011, 01:36:19 PM
Quote from: ChapFan on May 21, 2011, 01:11:58 PM
Well lets hope that holds true.
It's not that Mcgee was unexpected....I just assumed he was slated for Game 2 if it was required.

Actually, Coach T usually saves the ace for the win-or-go-home game. See below:

If memory serves me right Chapman was so deep on the mound in '05 it didn't matter. I also think it was a 4-team regional.

In '06 TLU had to beat them twice on the last day and they started their #4 Kitchens (wow, a #4 - talk about a staff). After he lost, they brought back #1 Klovstad and #2 Drag to win the final game.

'07 is irrelevant because they had to beat Pac Lu twice. Both Drag & Kitchens came back on short rest.

'08 was just the Yacko show.

In '09 they had to beat GFU twice and threw Luzar first, lost, and then brought back their #1 that year (after Kitchens went down), Sigman to win the final game.

In '10 they weren't ever in the drivers seat.

So if '06 and '09 are any indication of Coach T's strategy. He usually doesn't go for the jugular in Game #1 and only brings back the #1 in a must win scenario.

Hope this helps.

JSG

Kitchens was a freshman!  That is why he was the #4!

McMurry saw him as a reliever early in the season.  :)

I think it had less to do with classification and more to do with personnel.

He was a freshman, but Drag and Klovstad were still better pitchers as well.

Ruah was a freshman last year, but he still emerged as the #1 for them last year. He didn't give way to Sigman just because he was the upperclassmen.

JSG
True, but Kitchens did improve remarkably every year he was at Chapman!

ChapFan

WOW...CONGRATS to my Panthers.
What a game by Linfield and Chapman trading runs almost every inning.

CrashDavisD3

Quote from: Panther Nation on May 21, 2011, 04:01:00 PM
Chapman is going back to Appleton

Chapman comes from behind in 9th. Rauh strikes out 2 and gets the SAVE

Ralph Turner

Just_Some_Guy

No surprise here. They're always a worthy representative, and if you're the team facing Rauh in Game #1 in Appleton, have fun.

It was unfortunate for Linfield that they had some injuries to some key arms, but that's baseball. I'm not sure Chapman has enough depth on the mound to get through an 8 team tournament, but I'm looking forward to watching them try.

JSG

wildcat11

Congrats Chapman and to Linfield on a great season again.

Best of luck at the World Series!

chakote

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 21, 2011, 04:03:38 PM
Congratulations, Chapman!
Ralph how's things going, it never ceases to amaze me on how Chpaman can find the way to win the big one. Wayde starts today with Evansville Otters. Still in the Frontier league but I feel this is his year.
Are you going to Wisconsin this year?
Success is not fatal; Failure is not final; but the courage to continue is what counts!!!
(Churchill)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: chakote on May 21, 2011, 04:11:04 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 21, 2011, 04:03:38 PM
Congratulations, Chapman!
Ralph how's things going, it never ceases to amaze me on how Chpaman can find the way to win the big one. Wayde starts today with Evansville Otters. Still in the Frontier league but I feel this is his year.
Are you going to Wisconsin this year?
Hey chakote!  How are things going?  Glad to hear about your son.

No, I am working next weekend.  Have a very busy week for work obligations that will require Memorial Day weekend to clean up.

Ralph Turner

It is clear that each of the conference champs deserved to be here.  The West is so balanced!

May. 18    Concordia (Texas)    5    Linfield    2    Final    (#6 seed beats #1 seed)
   Division III West Regional @ Abilene, Texas    
    Texas-Tyler    0    Chapman    7    Final     (Rauh throws a 2-hitter.)
    Trinity (Texas)    2    Redlands    3    Final     (Another TU 1-run loss)
   NCAA Division III West Regional @ Abilene, Texas

May. 19    Linfield    6    Texas-Tyler    3    Final     (Linfield scored 5 in the 1st.)
    Trinity (Texas)    7    Concordia (Texas)    5    Final     (TU grand slam in top of the 9th)
    Redlands    4    Chapman    8    Final    BX BX BX (Complete game by Sigmon)

May. 20    Concordia (Texas)    12    Redlands    6    Final    CTX a 6-run 6th)
   NCAA Division III West Regional @ Abilene, TX    
    Linfield    9    Trinity (Texas)    6    Final      (Linfield up 7-6 going to the 9th)
    Chapman    9    Concordia (Texas)    3    Final    (Chapman in control)

May. 21    Chapman    8    Linfield    7    Final (Chapman scores 2 in top of the 9th then Rauh for the save.)
   D-III Baseball West Regional @ Abilene, Texas