Cortaca 2015

Started by Bombers798891, November 03, 2015, 11:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombers798891

Since Cortland's essentially in Cortaca week already, and Ithaca's really got nothing to play for but pride and wrecking Cortland's autobid chances, we might as well start the conversation.

I saw that Dylan Peebles wasn't returning kicks for Cortland last game. Any reason?

XREDDRAGON77

My guess is because Donny Davis was out and Peebles saw more time in the backfield.
Taste It!

cstate19

Hopefully we continue this little 10 year streak of amazing games and more Cortland wins.

Bombers798891

Quote from: cstate19 on November 10, 2015, 05:20:39 PM
Hopefully we continue this little 10 year streak of amazing games and more Cortland wins.

I just want an interesting game, honestly. Offense, big plays, all that. The 27-3, 40-17 blowouts we see occassionally are boring

XREDDRAGON77

As long as Cortland wins, I will be fine with any score! Fingers crossed. Can't see IC coming out flat for this game.
Taste It!

Jonny Utah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTpAn5cHv9Y

Local clip on Coach "Czar", one of the greatest coaches I've ever had.

XREDDRAGON77

What's going on over at IC? I saw an article on Barstool that a group was calling for the President to step down!
Taste It!

FranElia

(New links to the Larry Czarnecki videos are below)

Larry Czarnecki knows the Cortaca Jug rivalry from both sides - as a player and assistant coach at Ithaca, and as head coach (1983-85) and assistant coach (1978-82, 1999-2014) at Cortland. He retired from football coaching after last season. Two Ithaca students (Jake Siegel and Jason Wechsler) have produced Cortaca Jug preview stories that feature Larry's connection to the game (including rare footage of him as a player). Check them out at:

https://youtu.be/23ZutULyVkI

https://youtu.be/lWoaIru2DRk

In the first 12 seconds of the first video, you will see Ron Riccio's 49-yard TD run that gave Cortland a 13-7 win in the inaugural Cortaca Jug game in 1959 at Ithaca (after Cortland trailed 7-6 at halftime), as well as a brief glimpse of the Cortland players with the Jug that year.

cstate19

The mid week pep rallies at Ithaca look awesome! For the first time ever, the Bomber football fans' ever creative chants of "State School" will be a compliment on Saturday as there will be no students living off Mommy and Daddy's dime at a $55,000 year school whining about how unfair their life is.

pg04

Div3Fan

Quote from: cstate19 on November 12, 2015, 09:23:35 PM
For the first time ever, the Bomber football fans' ever creative chants of "State School" will be a compliment on Saturday as there will be no students living off Mommy and Daddy's dime at a $55,000 year school whining about how unfair their life is.

That's a completely dishonest and arbitrary assessment, but sure, allow an athletic rivalry to cloud every iota of your logical processes. There are good jokes and bad jokes, this was just inane.

pg04

Quote from: Div3Fan on November 12, 2015, 11:26:27 PM
For the first time ever, the Bomber football fans' ever creative chants of "State School" will be a compliment on Saturday as there will be no students living off Mommy and Daddy's dime at a $55,000 year school whining about how unfair their life is.

That's a completely dishonest and arbitrary assessment, but sure, allow an athletic rivalry to cloud every iota of your logical processes. There are good jokes and bad jokes, this was just inane.

I was just hoping it's not as nefarious as I read into it.

Bombers798891

The mid week pep rallies at Ithaca look awesome! For the first time ever, the Bomber football fans' ever creative chants of "State School" will be a compliment on Saturday as there will be no students living off Mommy and Daddy's dime at a $55,000 year school whining about how unfair their life is.

That shows a staggeringly ignorant viewpoint of what's going on at Ithaca right now

Bombers798891

Quote from: XREDDRAGON77 on November 12, 2015, 03:02:27 PM
What's going on over at IC? I saw an article on Barstool that a group was calling for the President to step down!

Way too much to get into here. All I can say is what you've read (no matter where you read it, really) does not paint anywhere near a complete picture of the problems there. They run much, much, deeper than these incidents. Don't get me wrong, the incidents are serious, but the problems did not just materialize from a campus where everything was great four months ago

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bombers798891 on November 13, 2015, 08:17:09 AM
Quote from: XREDDRAGON77 on November 12, 2015, 03:02:27 PM

Way too much to get into here. All I can say is what you've read (no matter where you read it, really) does not paint anywhere near a complete picture of the problems there. They run much, much, deeper than these incidents. Don't get me wrong, the incidents are serious, but the problems did not just materialize from a campus where everything was great four months ago

bombers, do you think the president should step down?  (complicated but simple question)