FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warthog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on February 22, 2015, 08:28:01 PM
Luther releases 2015 Football Schedule https://www.luther.edu/sports/men/football/schedule/?start_date=2015-06-01

Sep 04   @ UW-La Crosse
Sep 12   St. Olaf College   
Sep 19   @ Grinnell College
Oct 03   @ University of Dubuque
Oct 10   @ Central College
Oct 17   Buena Vista University
Oct 24   Wartburg College
Oct 31   @ Coe College
Nov 07   Loras College
Nov 14   Simpson College

L-W-W-L-L-W-L-L-W-W ...........  The Norse go 5-5
BE ORANGE

5 Words or Less

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on February 25, 2015, 01:48:10 PM

I just hope grass survives

I miss muddy uniforms.  Not that I wanted a soup bowl for a field, but some mud stains and grass clumps in the helmets always looked like a good football game.
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

5 Words or Less

Quote from: doolittledog on February 25, 2015, 03:30:31 PM
Quote from: 5 Words or Less on February 25, 2015, 01:48:10 PM

I just hope grass survives

I miss muddy uniforms.  Not that I wanted a soup bowl for a field, but some mud stains and grass clumps in the helmets always looked like a good football game.

Perhaps mud ain't all bad ...

Quote from: Center for Environmental Health online article ...
A Cocktail of Harmful Chemicals in Artificial Turf Infill
Artificial turf that uses infill made from recycled tires ("crumb rubber") contains a cocktail of toxic chemicals, including benzothiazole, carbon black, and heavy metals. As the Mt. Sinai Children's Environmental Health Center has written: "Exposures to chemicals present in crumb rubber at very high levels, typical of animal or occupational studies, are known to cause birth defects, neurologic and developmental deficits, and some can even cause cancer.
http://www.ceh.org/get-involved/take-action/a-cocktail-of-harmful-chemicals-in-artificial-turf-infill/

badgerwarhawk

I remember when I saw my first game played on artificial turf and a close up showed a shower of rubber pellets flying in the face of a player when he was being tackled.  I turned to my friend and said, "someday they're going to find out that those rubber pellets are toxic."  It was only a matter of time.  Fortunately they are developing and making available different products to use in their place and I suspect it won't be long before they become the norm on new construction and updates of existing fields.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

bleedpurple

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on February 25, 2015, 08:58:32 PM
I remember when I saw my first game played on artificial turf and a close up showed a shower of rubber pellets flying in the face of a player when he was being tackled.  I turned to my friend and said, "someday they're going to find out that those rubber pellets are toxic."  It was only a matter of time.  Fortunately they are developing and making available different products to use in their place and I suspect it won't be long before they become the norm on new construction and updates of existing fields.

You had a friend?  ;D

Mr. Ypsi

I doubt anyone inhales or ingests enough of the pellets to be a major concern (though who knows?).  And it could be worse - my older son once played a soccer game on a field so covered in goose guano that no one (intentionally!) did any slide tackling that day!  Inevitably he did hit the ground a few times - said it was the most disgusting thing ever.  (He was usually a two-minute-shower guy; that day he spent about half an hour when he got home!)

5 Words or Less

... although grass ain't much better

Quote from: Environmental Human Health Inc. online article ...
Some chemicals commonly used on lawns and gardens have been associated with birth defects, mutations, adverse reproductive effects, and cancer in laboratory animals.
http://www.ehhi.org/reports/lcpesticides/summary.shtml

5 Words or Less

Quote from: Walston Hoover on March 26, 2008, 01:06:23 PM
To help with offseason discussion- Let's do IIAC by the numbers. Using 1-99 if we do 1 number per weekday, that should get us through to mid-August.
Today's number is 1. Anything in the IIAC to do with the number 1.
People who have worn the number, streaks, stats, whatever you can think of. Be creative.
Brian McIntire was a great safety wearing #1. Also where the Wartburg wrestling team finished in the nation.
And-1 is 1 more than the amount of conference wins Cornell will have this year and is equal to the amount of conference wins Luther will have.

2,527 miles across USA

5 Words or Less

Good luck Kohawks in 2015!

9/5/2015       Wheaton (Ill.)
9/12/2015       Cornell
9/19/2015       @ Wis.-Stevens Point   Stevens Point
10/3/2015       @ Loras   
10/10/2015   @ Wartburg
10/17/2015   Simpson
10/24/2015   @ Centra
10/31/2015   Luther
11/7/2015    Dubuque
11/14/2015   @ Buena Vista

http://www.coeathletics.com/schedule/13/5.php

doolittledog

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

5 Words or Less

St Olaf baseball season cancelled!

QuoteSt. Olaf College announced today the cancelation of all remaining games of the 2015 baseball season following an investigation of hazing by members of the team ...
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28635835/st-olaf-college-cancels-baseball-season-amid-hazing-investigation

5 Words or Less

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on March 28, 2015, 11:37:16 PM
St Olaf baseball season cancelled!

QuoteSt. Olaf College announced today the cancelation of all remaining games of the 2015 baseball season following an investigation of hazing by members of the team ...
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28635835/st-olaf-college-cancels-baseball-season-amid-hazing-investigation

Details emerge in hazing probe ...

QuoteThe Pioneer Press reports the investigation found conduct that constitutes ridicule, harassment and public displays of servitude under the school's hazing policy. Incidents of underage drinking were also reportedly involved.  The Northfield school also notes that violations were "compounded by an orchestrated attempt to deceive college officials and the outside investigator and prevent them from learning what had happened."
http://bringmethenews.com/11928872/