FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarhawkDad and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

voice

University of Wisconsin-Whitewater has claimed all three of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) All-Sports Awards for the 2012-13 academic year - with UW-La Crosse earning a share of the men's trophy.  This marks the first time in conference history that the same school has won the men's, women's and combined awards in the same academic year

oshfb

Quote from: ScreamingEagles on May 16, 2013, 12:10:47 PM
If full time coaches mean only football duties, then the Eagles (and I'm sure other WIAC schools) only have 1 in Coach Dettwiler.  All of the other coaches are split football with some other teaching/strength coaching duties.  I consider a full time coach one that is full time at the university, not necessarily only football duties which is how the LAX Tribune writer referred to them as well.  Simply having coaches on campus permanently is a great thing for UWL even if they aren't just football coaches, I know that the assistants under Coach Terry had a wide range of "day jobs" and made it to campus each day just in time for practice.

I'm not sure if Coach C has other duties beyond the football program...?
"A GOOD leader makes you feel as though THEY can conquer the world. A GREAT leader makes you feel as though YOU can conquer the world."

ScreamingEagles

Quote from: oshfb on May 24, 2013, 01:58:26 PM
Quote from: ScreamingEagles on May 16, 2013, 12:10:47 PM
If full time coaches mean only football duties, then the Eagles (and I'm sure other WIAC schools) only have 1 in Coach Dettwiler.  All of the other coaches are split football with some other teaching/strength coaching duties.  I consider a full time coach one that is full time at the university, not necessarily only football duties which is how the LAX Tribune writer referred to them as well.  Simply having coaches on campus permanently is a great thing for UWL even if they aren't just football coaches, I know that the assistants under Coach Terry had a wide range of "day jobs" and made it to campus each day just in time for practice.

I'm not sure if Coach C has other duties beyond the football program...?

I was talking specifically about UWL's program, I have no idea about the other conference schools and how their coaches duties are.
UW-La Crosse

oshfb

"A GOOD leader makes you feel as though THEY can conquer the world. A GREAT leader makes you feel as though YOU can conquer the world."

voice

It's still May and the first of the NCAA Division III  Preseason Polls is out. ** Truth be told, the only REAL poll is the d3football.com poll which will be released in a couple of months.

Linfield #1,
Mount Union #2
Whitewater #3
Oshkosh #8

UW-Whitewater's Loussaint Minnet and Eric Kindler named to the Sporting News Preseason All-American Team.

You can read the UW-Whitewater Website story by clicking on:
http://www.uwwsports.com/documents/2013/5/29/Sporting_News_Preseason_Poll.pdf?id=1667

emma17

Quote from: voice on May 29, 2013, 06:11:01 PM
It's still May and the first of the NCAA Division III  Preseason Polls is out. ** Truth be told, the only REAL poll is the d3football.com poll which will be released in a couple of months.

Linfield #1,
Mount Union #2
Whitewater #3
Oshkosh #8

UW-Whitewater's Loussaint Minnet and Eric Kindler named to the Sporting News Preseason All-American Team.

http://www.uwwsports.com/documents/2013/5/29/Sporting_News_Preseason_Poll.pdf?id=1667

That was an interesting article, thanks for posting. At this point in the year I don't see a whole lot of fault with the rankings as we will all have our opinions on the order.
I'd put St Thomas ahead of UWW, UWP ahead of UWO and Wheaton up a bit higher.

D3MAFAN

Linfield #1,
Mount Union #2
Whitewater #3
Oshkosh #8

Very Interesting Article. I Love the write up. It should be an interesting season. Can not wait to see what D3.com has on all the teams this upcoming season. As the article mentioned, you will definitely see the usual faces competing for a chance at glory, but what makes Division III so great is the teams not on that list making entering the mix. Nevertheless, as always we in Division III get to see everything settled on the field. Can't Wait!

oshfb

Linfield #1,
Mount Union #2
Whitewater #3
Oshkosh #8

UW-Oshkosh's Cole Myhra also named to the Sporting News Preseason All-American Team.

badgerwarhawk

Someone in WHITEWATER has a sign in their window that reads "Cole Myhra for Heisman."  I have no idea what the story is but I've seen the sign several times and it's been there since at least last football season. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

emma17

I saw a tweet from Coach Leipold wishing Coach Dinkel and his family the best in their new chapter.
Does anybody know who the new OC will be?

D3MAFAN

Quote from: emma17 on June 05, 2013, 06:07:57 AM
I saw a tweet from Coach Leipold wishing Coach Dinkel and his family the best in their new chapter.

Here is a link for the new OC. http://www.uwwsports.com/news/2013/1/25/FB_0125132525.aspx

voice

Quote from: emma17 on June 05, 2013, 06:07:57 AM

Administrative position in the Jefferson School District

footballfan413

I have been holding back posting anything about this until it came out in some kind of, "official," capacity other than facebook and I guess this will suffice.  A.J. Raebel has been hired as the LB coach at Carroll University in Waukesha, WI from the Midwest Conference. Looks like there maybe something that is finally going to keep me from the boards.  Posting as the mother of a D-3 coach could get a little precarious.  I learned, very quickly, it was best to hide my identity when he was playing but now it is out there and I can't imagine it would go any smoother now that he is a coach. I would never want my little hobby to ever hurt him or his coaching career in any way!   I am probably good until camp starts but then, my instincts are telling me to hang it up.  I am really going to miss you boys.................. :'( :'( :'( 
:-* :-* :-*

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

02 Warhawk

Quote from: footballfan413 on June 06, 2013, 05:07:12 PM
I have been holding back posting anything about this until it came out in some kind of, "official," capacity other than facebook and I guess this will suffice.  A.J. Raebel has been hired as the LB coach at Carroll University in Waukesha, WI from the Midwest Conference. Looks like there maybe something that is finally going to keep me from the boards.  Posting as the mother of a D-3 coach could get a little precarious.  I learned, very quickly, it was best to hide my identity when he was playing but now it is out there and I can't imagine it would go any smoother now that he is a coach. I would never want my little hobby to ever hurt him or his coaching career in any way!   I am probably good until camp starts but then, my instincts are telling me to hang it up.  I am really going to miss you boys.................. :'( :'( :'( 

What about Saturdays at The Perk? Is it now going to be Waukesha instead?

Congrats to AJ.

footballfan413

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on June 06, 2013, 05:15:00 PM
Quote from: footballfan413 on June 06, 2013, 05:07:12 PM

What about Saturdays at The Perk? Is it now going to be Waukesha instead?

Congrats to AJ.
Oh, you're not going to get rid of me entirely.  We'll be trying to split time as best we can but, unfortunately, the home/away schedules don't match up very well.  I already checked.   ;) ;D
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU