MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

I'm sure it depends on the time of year. If Salisbury only recently determined it wanted to make a change or have an investigation, it makes sense that it needs to do so before practice starts. If they thought they wanted to terminate him but didn't have all of its ducks in a row, it could certainly place him on leave in the interim.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 02, 2018, 06:50:41 PM
I'm sure it depends on the time of year. If Salisbury only recently determined it wanted to make a change or have an investigation, it makes sense that it needs to do so before practice starts. If they thought they wanted to terminate him but didn't have all of its ducks in a row, it could certainly place him on leave in the interim.

Very good point. It is pretty amazing how many different scenarios exist and at different places. It is hard to compare across the board as a result.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

SU's already removed Sachs from their basketball page...maybe it's nothing, but that doesn't seem good to me.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

For most schools... that's the proper procedure. I know one who didn't do that and had an interim... it caused some confusion.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Also, if there's some procedure on campus for him to appeal, a leave is often the best an AD can do, even if they really want to fire him.  It being leave as opposed to a dismissal probably means whatever they don't like isn't too egregious.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

cmackowiakSGSN

Salisbury University men's basketball interim head coach Brian McDermott was introduced to the media today, just two days after he was named to the position. Here is what he had to say:

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/10/04/su-mbk-interim-head-coach-mcdermott-makes-first-appearance/

CCHoopster

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on October 04, 2018, 06:27:15 AM

Also, if there's some procedure on campus for him to appeal, a leave is often the best an AD can do, even if they really want to fire him.  It being leave as opposed to a dismissal probably means whatever they don't like isn't too egregious.

Is there any update on this?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Swish3

CNU posted their roster...going to be inexperienced down low...lots of guards/wings...hoping Carter has a big year!

GO CAPS!

cmackowiakSGSN

The Salisbury University basketball teams will see their first opposition on the court in a double-header exhibition event, the 10 Mile Tipoff, coming up on Nov. 1. Here are some thoughts from both SU head coaches on their games against the University of Maryland - Eastern Shore.

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/10/17/su-basketball-teams-prepare-for-season-with-10-mile-tipoff/

CNU85

CNU85

Watching alumni game at CNU. Interesting. Competitive. Then I was made aware the alumni team has 4 of the top 10 scorers in team history. Just saw a CNU Freshman commit a foul and one of the alumni was coaching him on the court during the game. Way cool.

Swish3

Quote from: CNU85 on October 20, 2018, 05:02:30 PM
Watching alumni game at CNU. Interesting. Competitive. Then I was made aware the alumni team has 4 of the top 10 scorers in team history. Just saw a CNU Freshman commit a foul and one of the alumni was coaching him on the court during the game. Way cool.

Who won?

CNU85

Quote from: Swish3 on October 22, 2018, 01:37:05 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on October 20, 2018, 05:02:30 PM

Who won?

CNU team beat the Alum.....80-73. Funny thing... Mike Cherry had 8 fouls!!! hahahaha!!!! CNU has enough players for hockey line changes. the bench looks like loooong!!!!