Compelling reasons to move from D3 to D2?

Started by LM3, August 29, 2017, 09:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ron Boerger on September 23, 2018, 08:31:01 AM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on September 22, 2018, 04:09:00 PM
I on case no one saw the tweets or the front page: http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/09/benedictine-to-return-to-d3

From the article:
Quote. Michael Brophy, who was president of Benedictine University for the past two years, left unexpectedly in August,

No doubt another college president with delusions that moving from D3 to D2 would somehow solve all that ails the school.  Buh-bye.

From what I've been learning .. not make any expectations necessarily based on his departure. It isn't that cut and dry.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Bishopleftiesdad

Ron Boerger

Whenever you only give one day's notice of leaving a leadership position (and leaving a school in the lurch in the process because there is zero time for an orderly transition), there's got to be more to it than was said here.

Good find. 

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ron Boerger on September 24, 2018, 02:45:35 PM
Whenever you only give one day's notice of leaving a leadership position (and leaving a school in the lurch in the process because there is zero time for an orderly transition), there's got to be more to it than was said here.

Good find.

Yes ... I am gathering there is more probably to it ... but nothing I have gathered has been pointing to this DII decision.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Ron Boerger on September 24, 2018, 02:45:35 PM

Good find. 
+1