Started by jknezek, December 19, 2011, 06:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Mack

Quote from: SUADC on December 20, 2011, 05:10:28 PM
Quote from: newcardfan on December 20, 2011, 01:38:19 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 20, 2011, 11:22:25 AM
Quote from: newcardfan on December 19, 2011, 09:50:36 PM
Quote from: jknezek on December 19, 2011, 06:17:57 PM
Does anyone else find it to be one of the saddest days of the year when the football section on d3boards.com drops down below the winter sports? Seriously, it has to rank in my top 15 or so...
YES-it means it's time to get back to work  LOL

No kidding. I don't know how many times I've been caught - by either my boss/or coworkers - being on the D3football or d3boards website at work over the past six months.
I hear ya on that-but every look was worth it! hoping 2012 is even more exciting
'

Fortunately, where I worked 80% of the staff are sports fans and tend to do it themselves from time to time.

Jokes aside, web traffic analyses find that traffic spikes around lunchtime, peaks around 2 and holds steady til about 5 or 6, then plummets.

If it wasn't for people trying to get through the day, sports websites would cease to exist ... more or less.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

jknezek

Maybe I'll make bumping this to the top of the football boards a tradition on one of the saddest days of the year... when the football board is officially bumped down under the other sports.

NCF

Quote from: jknezek on December 22, 2012, 10:03:46 AM
Maybe I'll make bumping this to the top of the football boards a tradition on one of the saddest days of the year... when the football board is officially bumped down under the other sports.
The only day more sad  was yesterday when the final seconds ticked off the clock and my son walked off the field for the very last time. Next August will feel strange, not dropping him off at camp and next fall will find me with no more games to attend. Now I have no excuses for "getting things done" arond the house. Any other senior parents feel the same way?
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Pat Coleman

Quote from: NCF on December 23, 2012, 08:27:00 AM
The only day more sad  was yesterday when the final seconds ticked off the clock and my son walked off the field for the very last time. Next August will feel strange, not dropping him off at camp and next fall will find me with no more games to attend. Now I have no excuses for "getting things done" arond the house. Any other senior parents feel the same way?

I must have walked past you on the stairs at the Metrodome on Saturday! I forgot whose parent you were. What did he think of the experience?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NCF

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 24, 2012, 03:43:40 PM
Quote from: NCF on December 23, 2012, 08:27:00 AM

I must have walked past you on the stairs at the Metrodome on Saturday! I forgot whose parent you were. What did he think of the experience?
He thought it was a great experience! He said it was better run than the other game. Playing in the dome, getting a chance to talk to players from some of the teams he played against, made the experience a good one. He said his coaches were nice guys and the practices were well planned for an All- Star game.Overall, he would recommend the game to others. The only awkward moment came when he stepped into the hotel elevator with his NC sweats on only to share the ride with the Redlands players. I think it's a great opportunity for guys to get one last game AND meet players from around the country.
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NCF

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 31, 2012, 10:21:22 PM
Which other game did he play in?
The National Bowl. While he did enjoy the game and the trip and the coaches there as well, he just thought the whole atmosphere of the All-American game was nicer. I enjoyed both games.

Pat Coleman

Thanks, that helps. I talked to one of the other players, who also played in the D3 Senior Classic, and he said the D3 Senior Classic is better organized still.

Behind the scenes, All-American Bowl could certainly have been better staffed and organized. I mean, where else could I walk in at halftime and take over as public address announcer? Bizarre. :)

NCF

That is funny. Did you take over in game 1? I would expect the D3 senior classic to be very well run. He also got invited to the Dream Bowl. Not sure if he will be able to go. any info or thoughts on that one?

Gray Fox

Quote from: NCF on January 01, 2013, 11:00:48 AM
That is funny. Did you take over in game 1? I would expect the D3 senior classic to be very well run. He also got invited to the Dream Bowl. Not sure if he will be able to go. any info or thoughts on that one?
The Dream Bowl charges $550 to the player.  What kind of a dream is that? :o
Fierce When Roused

NCF

I know, you need a sponsor. But then there is transportation, food and missing a day of class (NC does not have MLK day off) Plus, track season is in full swing.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: NCF on January 01, 2013, 11:00:48 AM

Yeah, finished game 1 and did the anthem and PA for game 2.

Dream Bowl is brand new, I believe. Don't know much about it other than they are active on Twitter.

Gray Fox

I was wondering why they called it the Dream Bowl. Duh.  Here is their web site.

http://dreambowl.net/
Fierce When Roused

frank uible

Because if you believe that it will survive more than a year, you must be dreaming?

Gray Fox

The NFL scouts already know who to draft and invite to camp.
Fierce When Roused