BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 13, 2011, 04:47:22 PM
Mehn's consecutive outs streak stopped after 9, but we're going to the 9th with IWU still up 4-3.

The Titans will bat the top of the order, while the RedMen will bat the bottom - I'm cautiously optimistic.

True, but the bottom of the Carthage order has done the damage today.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Mr. Ypsi

Lochen went to 7 straight outs before Callahan got an infield single.  Czarnowski then walked.  2 on, 2 out.  Dang - McDermott is human today after all - third out.

Hopefully either the bottom of Carthage's order has done all the damage they're entitled to for the day, or Mehn will keep it going so it doesn't matter WHO he faces (I'd settle for both!). ;D

Callahan went to the plate 5 times today, and had 2 at bats!  He was HBP twice and walked once.  Sissy pitchers! ;D ;)

BigPoppa

Runner on second with one out... c'mon Carthage. At least give Billy a shot to tie it or win. One more runner.

mwunder

BigPoppa

WOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo! Two run, two out walk off bomb for Carthage by the #9 hitter!

Mr. Ypsi

Oh, man - the #9 hitter gets a walk-off HR! :(

Congratulations to Carthage.

Mr. Ypsi

Well - at least I get another game of interest to follow tonight! :P

Good to see that the Titan starting pitching is not just Pankau and Sweeney - Mehn had a helluva game, despite the ending.  That could be big if the Titans can't overcome Carthage's extreme advantage tomorrow (assuming they get there); IF they get a Pool C (probable), depth of pitching is the key in tourneys.

Mr. Ypsi

This game went pretty quickly; the next game is not scheduled for nearly two hours.  Any idea whether it will start earlier than that?

I assume the pitching matchup will be Sweeney vs. (any idea?).

mwunder

mwunder

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on May 13, 2011, 05:23:10 PM
Sadist!! :o >:( ;D

I won't count my chickens too early...didn't this same scenario (minus the walk-off HR) happen last season and IWU went on to win the whole enchilada?

Mr. Ypsi

Yep - we've got ya right where we want ya! :o ;)

Now if only lightning can strike twice in a row!  I'll be nervous if we don't win this evening's game, but even if not, I'm reasonably sure both Carthage and IWU have earned Pool C bids (and I'll cross my fingers for NPU).

Titan baseball can't seem to handle prosperity.  In that magical 2007 season (an unprecedented 20-1 conference record), we went 0-2 and 0-2 in the conference and regional tourneys.  In 2008 we won the conference again (18-3) and WON the conference tourney, but went 0-2 in the regional.  And of course, you remember last year - we were probably the bottom seed all three weekends.  We'll see how this season plays out.

Mr. Ypsi

IWU is the home team.  After 3.5, they lead 5-3.  Joe Sweeney lost his Johnny Vander Meer possibility very early, but seems to have settled in after a shaky start - he now has 5 consecutive outs.

Mr. Ypsi

In the match to see who has to beat Carthage TWICE tomorrow (;)), IWU still up 5-3 after 5.

jigsaw54

Mess with the Best Die like the Rest.