FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfury

First: I like that the phrase "Strib-based mentality" is now apparently a pejorative. Welcome to the dark side, AO; your welcome basket includes a subscription to the New York Times.

Second: Juberian did this after a Minnesota school he doesn't attend lost. What the hell would he do if Augsburg won the Stagg? Minneapolis would look like Metropolis after Zod and Superman went at it in Man of Steel.

sfury

Todd Hoffner just announced he's returning to the Mankato job, after arbitrator ruled he should not have been fired. Minot State had hired him.

hazzben

Quote from: sfury on April 15, 2014, 04:33:11 PM
Second: Juberian did this after a Minnesota school he doesn't attend lost. What the hell would he do if Augsburg won the Stagg? Minneapolis would look like Metropolis after Zod and Superman went at it in Man of Steel.

I'd say minneapolis will still be safe for a while then  8-)

OzJohnnie

Ha!  Talk about coincidence.  The wife is showing our girls movies that she loved as a kid.  I recently watched Superman but refused to watch Superman II.  My time was much better spent searching YouTube for clips like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaktlZxsS_4
[  

repete

Yeah, maybe with that stellar defense dinged, the Auggies will just have to try to outscore folks.

sjusection105

Quote from: AO on April 15, 2014, 10:39:16 AM
In other news:

Michael Juberian, star Augsburg linebacker, faces felony charge for Dinkytown riot

Quote"One individual in particular, subsequently identified as [Juberian], threw numerous bottles at police officers," the complaint continues. "After the defendant would throw the bottles, he would run to find more, come back and continue throwing them at the officers."

But that wasn't all.

"[Juberian] moved to a bus shelter, found a rock and threw that at police officers, then found a chunk of concrete the size of a baseball and threw it at officers," the complaint adds. "The concrete landed on an officer's foot."

Officers were eventually able to subdue Juberian with a "stun blow."

I'm quite sure there was a combination of alcohol & youthful exuberance.
The rush one gets from damaging public property & seeing how far one can push a law enforcement officer before he/she has had enough.
I heard from a guy that used to do this type of thing back in the day. When one sobers up it's a pretty harsh reality ....  :-X
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

SUMMIT!!!!!

Quote from: OzJohnnie on April 15, 2014, 07:28:25 PM

Ha!  Talk about coincidence.  The wife is showing our girls movies that she loved as a kid.  I recently watched Superman but refused to watch Superman II.  My time was much better spent searching YouTube for clips like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaktlZxsS_4
now THAT looks like FUN!!!
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

OzJohnnie

It's a HUUUUUGE game on Easter Monday between the last two undefeated teams, Hawthorn and Geelong. I'm taking the three Oz girls to the game (two Hawkers and one Catter who will probably end up in jail) to the epic clash of the Titans. It will be one heck of a game as the powerhouses of the last eight years square off again.
[  

BDB

I see that in India they have created a mascot, named "Mr. Poo," to help reduce public defecation.

His message: "Take the Poo to the Loo."
https://www.poo2loo.com/gallery.php

OzJohnnie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on April 16, 2014, 03:26:17 PM

I see that in India they have created a mascot, named "Mr. Poo," to help reduce public defecation.

I like that their objective is to reduce public defecation rather than to eliminate it. Gotta love the Indians and their realistic goal setting.

Also, I like how, unlike the Baby Ruth in Caddyshack, Mr Poo is shaped to reflect a steady diet of curries.  It's got that soft serve ice cream thing going.
[  

SUMMIT!!!!!

Quote from: sfury on April 15, 2014, 04:41:47 PM
Todd Hoffner just announced he's returning to the Mankato job, after arbitrator ruled he should not have been fired. Minot State had hired him.

MSU-Mankato (plain ole Mankato State is fine with me) has a bit of a problem on its hands-- they have to bring Hoffner back if he wants the job back, he wants it.... BUT the players don't want him back

http://www.startribune.com/local/255553011.html

Are we revisiting a modified, tamer version of the 60s? "riots" on campus and now a "student protest"... what next-- a "like-in"?
After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box.

Italian proverb

Jonny Utah

Quote from: miacmaniac on April 16, 2014, 06:17:58 PM

MSU-Mankato (plain ole Mankato State is fine with me) has a bit of a problem on its hands-- they have to bring Hoffner back if he wants the job back, he wants it.... BUT the players don't want him back

Are we revisiting a modified, tamer version of the 60s? "riots" on campus and now a "student protest"... what next-- a "like-in"?

I just came over here to ask about this.  WTF is the real story here?  Naked babies playing in the bathtub?  WTF?

sjusection105

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on April 16, 2014, 08:08:53 PM

I just came over here to ask about this.  WTF is the real story here?  Naked babies playing in the bathtub?  WTF?
Poor judgement by many parties.
1. Don't take family keepsake movies of bath time with your school issued cell phone.
2. cell phone breaks- turn into the IT department to repair. IT department calls Administration. Administration calls cops.
3.Coach is cleared of any wrong doing....but he is dragged through the mud while "winning"
4.Removed from coaching duties & assigned as an Athletic Dept. administrator.
5.Assistant coach named to replace coach & takes team on a nice play-off run. (Hoffner made a nice play-off run the year before as well).
6.At the end of school year he is fired because his wife used his school issued electronics.
7. Lands a job at Minot State for $11K per year less (and he has to move to Minot) have you ever been to Minot....
8.Arbitrator says "Hold on Mn State Mankato" you dismissed this man without cause. Mn State Mankato did this during the time Penn State was dealing with the Sandusky cesspool so did they overreact?? You have to decide that.
9. Coach comes back to MnState Mankato & the players say "we like the guy that replaced you"

That's it in a nutshell Utes...... quite a tragic time for a lot of people. Poor judgement on many people's part if you ask me.
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: sjusection105 on April 16, 2014, 08:53:25 PM

1. Don't take family keepsake movies of bath time with your school issued cell phone.
2. cell phone breaks- turn into the IT department to repair. IT department calls Administration. Administration calls cops.
3.Coach is cleared of any wrong doing....but he is dragged through the mud while "winning"
5.Assistant coach named to replace coach & takes team on a nice play-off run. (Hoffner made a nice play-off run the year before as well).
6.At the end of school year he is fired because his wife used his school issued electronics.
7. Lands a job at Minot State for $11K per year less (and he has to move to Minot) have you ever been to Minot....
8.Arbitrator says "Hold on Mn State Mankato" you dismissed this man without cause. Mn State Mankato did this during the time Penn State was dealing with the Sandusky cesspool so did they overreact?? You have to decide that.
9. Coach comes back to MnState Mankato & the players say "we like the guy that replaced you"

That's it in a nutshell Utes...... quite a tragic time for a lot of people. Poor judgement on many people's part if you ask me.

My judgement is that Pt 3 above is the real issue.  The dragging through the mud.  It was an unnecessary emotional escalation of the situation.  Up until that point I believe that events were "reasonable".  The dismissal without cause finding, in my perfect judgement, supports that view.
[  

Jonny Utah

Quote from: sjusection105 on April 16, 2014, 08:53:25 PM

Thanks SJU.

This just sounds insane to me that taking photos of you own kids would lead to something like this (if that were the case which sounds like it was).  If I were Hoffner, I'd move on and sue the school.  Sounds like he would have a good case.

As for the players, that's a whole other story!  Part of me feels like these kids should realize the wrongs that the school did against their former coach?  Did Hoffner have a meeting with the team before this practice?  What is the old interim coaches role in the team now?

I don't see this situation getting any better.