MBB: Midwest Conference

Started by siwash, February 10, 2005, 01:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemcb

...not to mention game's newly calloused space bar thumb.

The Roop

I don't know who they are playing in California yet but after looking at the rest of their schedule Beloit would need 18 or 19 wins to be a higher seed in the conference tournament. I just can't see them doing that this year. Realistically I think 15 wins is about all anyone should expect and I don't think that will amount to enough conference wins to make it in.

Lets shoot for .500 this year and build on that in the future.
Ist Ihre Tochter achtzehn bitte

hjmphelp

Found out today from a player that one of Grinnell's 1st year players left school after 3 days. Not sure why, but we all know that Grinnell can be a daunting place even (especially?) after high school academic success.  Also, one of last years 'top three rotation' guards transfered to another school right after the end of basketball season second semester last year for unknown reasons. I wish the best for these young men and hope they find what they are looking for.

It still doesn't appear that Grinnell will be terribly weakened by these events; the pick up games have apparently been barn burners!

hjmphelp

Just a bit about Grinnell'w schedule-
before it can officially be released it has to be approved by the college faculty. That should happen this next week. At that point the full schedule should be listed elsewhere on this website and certainly on the Grinnell College Website.

titan2000

Does the faculty approve where the students can go for coffee at Grinnell as well? 

I am confused as to all the administrative interference.
"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong." Abraham Lincoln

hjmphelp

Just a rubber stamp rule from days gone by. :-)

scottie

Just trying out the new board here.  Thank goodness I remembered my password!  I see there are a lot of fun new graphics here that certainly will keep Steve Cool busy come roundball time.

But for now, it's over to pigskin land. 

"Monmouth Football in 2005!"    ;D

p.s.  Jeff P, I tried to email you via your profile address and got the ol' undeliverable message.
HEY PAL, DON'T BLOCK THE SHOT!

hjmphelp

Scottie- the one in the current profile should work! All the junk stuff is getting through anyway! Post up again if it still won't work. Not sure what I can do about it, Hell I can barely turn on a computer much less troubleshoot why an Email address won't work!

The Roop

Scottie-I can verify that JeffPs email address does indeed work. However, it is Yahoo so there is no guarantee that it will work all the time.

JeffP-You don't need to know anything about computers OS X will take care of everything for you. All hail the continuum.
Ist Ihre Tochter achtzehn bitte

titan2000

I am taking it up the ass on the WIAC board.  Looking for some TLC here.  My karma is way too low and it is damaging my self esteem.

Any assistance is appreciated.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Greek Tragedy

My condolences to Lawrence University and it's community after the death of Ghanian and LU sophomore soccer player Kwabena Buanya.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

titan2000

Will everyone who thinks Ripon will be an average team this year please give me a karma point so I can get back off this ledge ?  And if you think their coach will look like Mr. Rogers, give me another point.  I should be positive in a week.

Thanks.

True Basketball Fan

I would help you if I could (not enough posts...yet), because I agree with you about Ripon.  Because of my agreement with you, that probably explains why my karma sucks too.

Early

I wouldn't count Ripon out just yet there boys.  They still have the ONLY sophomore to make the all-conference list in Bo Johnson, an up-and-coming center that has potential to be dominant in Brian Schmitting, a quicker than the dickens point guard in David McMullen, and Bob Gillespe, who always has his teams ready.  I wouldn't count these guys out until someone takes Ripon out.

Also how do you give someone karma points??? :-\

RC lives for Bon Jovi?
Ray, when a supernatural being asks if you are a god....YOU SAY YES!!!

titan2000

RC Lives For Bon Jovi ?

What does that mean?  I suspect they will carve that in the front of the Main Hall at Ripon College sometime soon.  I'm sure the Board of Trustees will approve.

BTW, did all those players you mentioned remain is school?  I thought one or two of them were flunking out.  That was the 3/2005 rumour.