BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Quote from: JK on March 22, 2009, 07:52:30 PM
Cap beat Hiram today to even their record at 9-9.

And MUC beat them today 14-0.  They must be a little light in the offense department to get shutout by the Raiders!   

Dr. Acula

Quote from: bballfanatic1984 on March 24, 2009, 08:31:13 PM
Marietta will sweep Cap  Agree
Heidelberg will sweep Musky  Agree
ONU will split with MUC  Just to change it up I'll take MUC to sweep.  Plus I'm a homer, obviously.
BW will split with JCU  Agree
Otterbein will probably sweep Wilmington*  Agree minus the "probably" part.  I guess I haven't seen them either but Ott has good pitching, Wilm has poor hitting...I think this is the 2nd safest pick behind Etta.

*havent seen Otterbein in OAC play yet so not too sure

lhpdiggy

Musky's Whiteman did not play today against Wittenberg, they dropped 2.  That kid can flat out hit, and I hope he is on the mend soon. 

The weather is not looking good for NE Ohio this weekend, so I say anything goes for those of us playing up North. 

BW's bats will come around, lets hope it starts w/ DII Lake Erie tomorrow.

Best of luck to all!

Gramps

Congrats to "THE BERG" on their 11-6 victory over Denison on Tues. at The Big Red Ballpark.

Also, a pat on the back to B. Boytim, "Killer Bbs", on having a great game: 4-5, 2 RBIs, and 2 Rs.
Chipping in with 2 hits each were:  M. Grassley, J. Lash, D. Andrzeczak, and S. Decker.

A big tip of the hat to Elvin Williams on his first collegiate win. I'm sure that it will be the first of many for this fine young pitcher.

THE BERG meets Case Western Reserve up in Cleveland on Weds. 3-25-09 at 4:00PM.

GO BERG!!!

ScotsFan

Quote from: Gramps on March 25, 2009, 12:49:36 AM

Good luck getting that one in...  :P

OAC baseball fan 3

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 24, 2009, 09:39:25 PM
Quote from: bballfanatic1984 on March 24, 2009, 08:31:13 PM
Marietta will sweep Cap  Agree
Heidelberg will sweep Musky  Agree
ONU will split with MUC  Just to change it up I'll take MUC to sweep.  Plus I'm a homer, obviously.
BW will split with JCU  Agree
Otterbein will probably sweep Wilmington*  Agree minus the "probably" part.  I guess I haven't seen them either but Ott has good pitching, Wilm has poor hitting...I think this is the 2nd safest pick behind Etta.

*havent seen Otterbein in OAC play yet so not too sure

Ill agree with the Marietta Sweep over Cap
Ill say Heidelberg will split with Musky
After watching ONU play this past week i would have to go to the opposite end and say that they will Sweep or split with MUC
Otterbein SHOULD sweep Wilmington

Dr. Acula

Quote from: OAC baseball fan 3 on March 25, 2009, 09:34:21 AM
Ill agree with the Marietta Sweep over Cap
Ill say Heidelberg will split with Musky
After watching ONU play this past week i would have to go to the opposite end and say that they will Sweep or split with MUC
Otterbein SHOULD sweep Wilmington

I liked the Musky split as my change of pace pick, but I'm not sold if Whiteman is out.  I wasn't confident enough to back them against the Berg minus the OAC POY.  But then I go ahead and pick a team with inconsistent pitching to sweep.  Guess that's why I stick with my day job.

a spectator

The Etta Express rolls on....defeated Denison tonight 8-1 Jason Baumler gets the win - congrats to the young men of Marietta.

bballfanatic1984

BW beat Lake Erie today 12-8. Brian Boveington had a really nice game and Freshman Josh Scott pitched really well... its good to see good pitching performances from the young Jackets

Gramps

Quote from: ScotsFan on March 25, 2009, 09:32:02 AM
Quote from: Gramps on March 25, 2009, 12:49:36 AM

Good luck getting that one in...  :P
Thanks "ScotsFan", the rain held off, and the weather was no problem as Heidelberg U posted a 21-2 victory over Case Western Reserve U.
Double "B", Sr, 1st, Biagio Boytim had his second "Awesome Day" in a row, with a 4-4, 5 RBIs, and 2 Runs scored.  Contributing were J. Lash, 3-4, 1 RBI, 3 Runs; G. Keene, 3-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, W. Brechun, 3-5,   2 RBI, 1 Run. and T. McClarney, and  S. Decker with 2 Runs each.

Special mention goes to Elvin Williams, whose family and friends, from nearby Euclid, were there to cheer him on.  He rewarded them by hitting an in-the-park Grand Slam  HR as he went 2-2 at the plate with 4 RBIs.

Nathan James, So, RHP,  picked up his third win of the season while limiting Case to 3 hits over 5 innings and picking up 4 Ks along the way.

Sat 3-28-09 vs Muskingum - DH - 1:00PM  and  4:00PM at New Concord.

GO BERG!!!

Gramps

FYI!!  For fans of both Heidelberg and Muskingum:  Muskingum will air Saturdays doubleheader at:

http://www.muskingum.edu/home/athletics/broadcast.html

Enjoy the games.

GO BERG!!!

Dr. Acula

I'm going to be in the office all day tomorrow so I will post updates as I can.  The good thing is I can keep tabs on 3 games at once (Berg and MUC via live stats and 1 of the other 2 via audio).  Marietta may have live stats, I should check...

Have a good weekend everyone and let's hope the rain holds off!

Gramps

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 27, 2009, 04:11:53 PM
I'm going to be in the office all day tomorrow so I will post updates as I can.  The good thing is I can keep tabs on 3 games at once (Berg and MUC via live stats and 1 of the other 2 via audio).  Marietta may have live stats, I should check...

Dr. Acula: Just checked the weather forecast for New Concord on the weather channel.  Rain is supposed to hold off until late PM.  We will be coming down for the games. 

mideastfan2

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 27, 2009, 04:11:53 PM

Marietta always has LIVE stats and AUDIO.

stats at - http://www.marietta.edu/athletics/

audio at WMOA - http://www.wmoa1490.com/

Marietta improves to 10-3 with a win over Washington & Jefferson this evening, 10-7.  Tyler Penwell hit the go ahead grandslam in the 8th inning for the Etta Express.

Gramps

FYI!!!   MUSKINGUM AND HEIDELBERG FANS:

GAMES CANCELLED FOR TODAY . EXPECT 80% CHANCE OF RAIN AT 4:00PM AROUND NEW CONCORD.

WILL NOTIFY ALL WHEN I KNOW RESCHEDULE DATE.