BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OACguy

I'm obviously biased on McFarland's behalf, but the bottom line is the only 3B who had better numbers than him was Cimino.

Hiscox from Otterbein didnt have better numbers than McFarland?? 18 homeruns, 50 rbi, led the league in total bases, hit .380, pretty much top 5 in every other offensive category...

As far as coach of the year going to palm, he deserves it. Great coach and a great guy. Someone who I would have liked to see get the award was coach Powell from otterbein. Anyway, who thought that OC would even be in the tournament, let alone the 2 seed. Alot of people thought otterbein was going to be in the gutter after losing so much.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: OACguy on May 13, 2009, 08:59:40 PM
Hiscox from Otterbein didnt have better numbers than McFarland?? 18 homeruns, 50 rbi, led the league in total bases, hit .380, pretty much top 5 in every other offensive category...

Wow, terrible oversight on my part regarding Hiscox.  I was only looking at 2nd team/HM and totally forgot that he was also on the 1st team.  Obviously more than deserving given his great year. 

Gramps

I would like to send my congratulations to two outstanding athletes from Heidelberg who achieved "ALL AMERICAN" :
   2nd Team - Andy Lowe and  Honorable Mention - Gar Keene

In addition, Six members of this years team have been named to Mid-East All Regional Team.  They are:

1st Team - Dave Paddock, Andy Lowe and Gar Keene

2nd Team - Jeremy Wentworth and Biagio Boytim

3rd Team - Jason Lash

mideastfan2

^^^ I'm guessing that you're referring to the D3baseball.com "All-American team"  & the ABCA All Mideast Regional team.

They are two different organizations who pick their teams differently. 

When a player is First Team All Mideast Region (ABCA), they then qualify for the ABCA All-American Teams.  Those will be announced at the banquet tonight in Appleton.

Congrats to those guys!

Gramps

Quote from: mideastfan2 on May 20, 2009, 08:37:34 AM
^^^ I'm guessing that you're referring to the D3baseball.com "All-American team"  & the ABCA All Mideast Regional team.

They are two different organizations who pick their teams differently. 

When a player is First Team All Mideast Region (ABCA), they then qualify for the ABCA All-American Teams.  Those will be announced at the banquet tonight in Appleton.

Congrats to those guys!

Your assumption is correct.  Thanks for the clarification.

The OAC just put out the 2009 Baseball Academic All-Conference Recipients and I'd also like to give a head's up to these Student-athletes from Heidelberg University.

Willie Brechun,Jason Lash, Steve Decker, and Biago Boytim (Academic All-OAC)
Nathan James - (Honorable Mention)

mideastfan2

Marietta had Cimino (1st team), Beatty (1st team), and Stewart (3rd team) named to the All Mideast Region Teams.

Cimino and Beatty are now eligible for All-American notice from the ABCA.

Congrats guys!!

fundamentalswin

Anyone know who the leading candidate is for the Capital job?

HOF

Capital has an opening?  I didn't know?  What happened?

fundamentalswin

Yea I didnt go to capital but I am from the area and I have to sources independent from one another that have told me that he resigned soon after the season was over

mideastfan2

congrats to the ABCA All-Americans!!

First Team
Cameron Cimino (Marietta)

Third Team
Gar Keen (Heidelberg)
Brian Hiscox (Otterbein)

ABCA/Rawlings Gold Glove Team
Greg Ferrell (Mount Union)

Gramps

Quote from: mideastfan2 on May 22, 2009, 05:51:53 PM
congrats to the ABCA All-Americans!!

First Team
Cameron Cimino (Marietta)

Third Team
Gar Keen (Heidelberg)
Brian Hiscox (Otterbein)

ABCA/Rawlings Gold Glove Team
Greg Ferrell (Mount Union)

Further congratulations go to Andy Lowe - Heidelberg, who also made ABCA Third  Team All American according to the Heidelberg web site.

mideastfan2

^^^^ he wasn't listed on the press release or website...that's why I didn't list him above.

http://www.titans.uwosh.edu/NCAAChampionship/2009/BaseHits/2009AllAmericans.html

If it was a mistake by the ABCA committee or World Series press committee, then congrats!

Dr. Acula

Quote from: fundamentalswin on May 21, 2009, 10:43:22 AM
Anyone know who the leading candidate is for the Capital job?

I feel like the Cap job would be a double edged sword.  You would have the advantage of being a good school in a great location.  Recruiting kids to a good school in suburban Columbus should be easy.  But their field is gawd awful (it's not even in Bexley and anyone familiar with where it is knows what I mean).  And you're starting out in a hole because you're competing for kids w/ other established programs in central OH in Ott, OWU, Denison and ODU.  At the end of the day I still think it's a good job, especially for an up and coming young coach.  If they can get a young guy in there to build momentum and sell the program I think they can be very dangerous.  And based on the past it looks like the school would be patient enough to let someone try to build a program.   

Dr. Acula

Speaking of coaching...

MUC assistant Joe Gilhousen applied for the head coaching job at Massillon HS.  Only 4 others applied and none have anything close to his resume as an OH HS Hall of Famer w/ 2 state titles.  His departure would be a HUGE blow to MUC, but at this point it would seem to be almost a certainty.

inthecrease

wow. that would be a huge blow for mount. he is the only semblance of a coach they have and his hitting instruction has carried the team the past handful of years. We might be entering into some real dark years for the purple raiders, but hey, atleast there is football