1-26-19:  Loras
1-30-19:  Dubuque
2-6-19:   Coe
2-9-19:  Loras
2-23-19:  Nebraska Wesleyan
3-2-19:   St Thomas
3-8-19:  Guilford
Hmmm  2018-19 Corn BeltTM

We all know what they use corn for in the hills of North Carolina...

sac

Oshkosh 82  Guilford 79

B'gosh The BeltTm will head to Ft. Wayne in the hands of the Oshkosh Titans.

2018-19 Corn BeltTM (obvious)
3-16-18:  Nebraska Wesleyan
3-9-19:  UW-Oshkosh

I won't mention the holder of The BeltTm has lost 3 tournament games in a row.  Oh, hi Aston Francis.

lmitzel

You know, I've tracked how the initial holder has fared in the tournament, but not the overall record of BeltTM holders for the tournament. Questions for later.

Quote from: sac on March 09, 2019, 11:20:11 PM
Oh, hi Aston Francis.

I wonder how Francis would be impacted by The BeltTM's supernatural powers. I'm... a little terrified.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: lmitzel on March 10, 2019, 12:40:43 AM
You know, I've tracked how the initial holder has fared in the tournament, but not the overall record of BeltTM holders for the tournament. Questions for later.

Quote from: sac on March 09, 2019, 11:20:11 PM
Oh, hi Aston Francis.

I wonder how Francis would be impacted by The BeltTM's supernatural powers. I'm... a little terrified.
Either The BeltTM will be the only one to stop him, or by their powers combined Francis will top Jack Taylor's triple figure games.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

kiltedbryan

Have all the Final Four participants held The BeltTM before? Or could someone receive Thy Most Revered and Bespangled Corn Belt TM for the first time while also receiving the far inferior Big Doorstop?

Gregory Sager

No to the first question, yes to the second question. UW-Oshkosh has been a frequent holder of The BeltTM ever since UWO moved from NAIA to D3 back in the Nineties. Christopher Newport held ItTM in 2001-02 and again last season. Wheaton's held ItTM once, back in 1991-92; ironically, that was when Wheaton was still a chronic second-division program in the CCIW, and, doubly ironically, current Wheaton head coach Mike Schauer was a Wheaton player at the time when Thy Most Revered and Bespangled Corn BeltTM was on campus. The BeltTM was kept in a vault in Wheaton's Billy Graham Center, where ItTM was guarded by an angel holding a flaming sword.

The only BeltTM Virgin in the Final Four is Swarthmore. The Garnet had ItTM in their own building last year, as ItTM was present at the 2018 sectional in Tarble Pavilion. But the Garnet were never able to take in hand the Super Special Chromium Steel TongsTM in order to grasp and raise The BeltTM on high before the hometown crowd; BeltTM holder Springfield defeated the Garnet and kept Thee Most Exalted and Bespangled CinctureTM in their possession.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 12, 2019, 11:05:45 AM
No to the first question, yes to the second question. UW-Oshkosh has been a frequent holder of The BeltTM ever since UWO moved from NAIA to D3 back in the Nineties. Christopher Newport held ItTM in 2001-02 and again last season. Wheaton's held ItTM once, back in 1991-92; ironically, that was when Wheaton was still a chronic second-division program in the CCIW, and, doubly ironically, current Wheaton head coach Mike Schauer was a Wheaton player at the time when Thy Most Revered and Bespangled Corn BeltTM was on campus. The BeltTM was kept in a vault in Wheaton's Billy Graham Center, where ItTM was guarded by an angel holding a flaming sword.

The only BeltTM Virgin in the Final Four is Swarthmore. The Garnet had ItTM in their own building last year, as ItTM was present at the 2018 sectional in Tarble Pavilion. But the Garnet were never able to take in hand the Super Special Chromium Steel TongsTM in order to grasp and raise The BeltTM on high before the hometown crowd; BeltTM holder Springfield defeated the Garnet and kept Thee Most Exalted and Bespangled CinctureTM in their possession.
ROTFL

sac

Congrats to the Titans of Oshkosh.  We've now arrived at that moment every good available and cheap trademark lawyer hopes never comes.  When we pack up The BeltTm and send it off on its summer of usual shenanigans with its rightful owner.  We'll wait with great anticipation for our gathering next November when we'll dust off the luster and lubricate the baubles for another exciting year of tracking this completely fictional yet oh so real greatest of the great traveling trophies.

2018-19 Corn BeltTM (obvious)
3-16-18:  Nebraska Wesleyan
3-9-19:  UW-Oshkosh

Greek Tragedy

Does The BeltTM float? There's been a lot of flooding in central Wisconsin.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

By the way, defending national champion coach Matt Lewis mentioned last night he's still got three games to fill for next season, so if you want a shot at the belt, pick up the phone.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

lmitzel

Map is once again up to date. Really, this was a fairly simple change some text around and changing UW-Oshkosh's marker around since they are now a simultaneous champion/BeltTM Holder in the modern era and not just the Stealth Era.

I didn't update Guilford's entry even though they held The BeltTM for about 24 hours since ItTM technically never left Wisconsin that weekend.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

sac

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 17, 2019, 09:29:30 AM

By the way, defending national champion coach Matt Lewis mentioned last night he's still got three games to fill for next season, so if you want a shot at the belt, pick up the phone.

There's a little part of me that desperately wants to believe a random coach saw this post, squealed "OMG The BeltTm" and ran to the phone to set up a date with UW-Oshkosh.

Gregory Sager

Thanks, sac. That image of a D3 men's basketball head coach reacting like a teenage girl to this board has made my week. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Greek Tragedy

I'm sure Silver Lake College would be more than happy to take a beating from Oshkosh just so they can be in the same building as The BeltTM
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 20, 2019, 01:13:02 PM
I'm sure Silver Lake College would be more than happy to take a beating from Oshkosh just so they can be in the same building as The BeltTM

The Belt is not on the line in a game vs. Silver Lake. I wouldn't even bring The Belt into The Building in that case.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.