FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

OxyBob

Quote from: Gray Fox on December 14, 2018, 08:33:57 PM
Oxy has a new AD.  From a school without football.

http://www.oxyathletics.com/othernews/2018-19/shandaness?fbclid=IwAR1FsUFKJ5g6tSkcsClahRAv8zP7OChM-nS8y2RxA08xYo16VS7oF8YZHrw

Good God Almighty, what a bunch of trite blather from her and Rob Flot. So many words to say absolutely nothing.

Someone please figure out how to resurrect Grant Dunlap.

OxyBob

D O.C.

I swear OB, now that the North Dakota ranch hand and the clueless prez have pushed the program off of Eagle Rock, I'm never buying another hot dog at an event Occidental is involved in.

olddog

California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

10Freeway

She has moved around a lot.  That is never a good sign, especially in D3 settings.  Must wear our her welcome.  Her last post has been only 18 months, wonder why she would leave so quickly.  Seems like a lateral move.  Oxy or a school near by may be getting a new Assistant Tennis coach too.  https://www.cornellrams.com/article/2377
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Gray Fox

10Freeway,

That was a service ace by you. :)

Not Oxy   https://www.thesciac.org/general/2018-19/releases/20181010t38t4f

La Verne does not play tennis.  But there are many tennis jobs of various kinds in So. Cal.
Fierce When Roused

Ralph Turner

I don't know the AD hierarchies, but I have trouble imaging Thomas and the North Atlantic Conference being only one or two rungs below Oxy and the SCIAC on the D-3 ladder.

Gray Fox

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 18, 2018, 07:44:39 PM
I don't know the AD hierarchies, but I have trouble imaging Thomas and the North Atlantic Conference being only one or two rungs below Oxy and the SCIAC on the D-3 ladder.
I'll bet the pay and the weather are much better. :P
Fierce When Roused

D O.C.

olddog

The formula worked so well last time at Oxy, and the Oxy admin is so much more enlighten than most so why not go back to it?

When Oxy was stable their football teams and other programs just seemed better, Oxy Bob can add some quick facts. Oxy's has chosen to let athletics decline or "go in a different direction".... I think this model is going to backfire. I think students that were involved with their school are far better donors, success breeds more success. I know some big donors from the past, my buddies dad donated a ton of money upon his death. He was a two sport athlete at Oxy. Just ask Cal how much the per capita donations has dropped off when they bring on students not interested in the school just what they can get out of it or what it can do for themselves. We are not doing our youth any favors down the road. I am seeing it play out in the real world. Well played Oxy.

10Freeway

What is going on at Cal Lu?  How are they not better year in and out in both football and basketball?  You would think the only school in a wide area, would be a lot better.  Especially with those new facilities.  Same can be said for Chapman.  What prevents these programs from winning all the time?
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

wildcat11

Quote from: 10Freeway on January 03, 2019, 02:29:29 PM
What is going on at Cal Lu?  How are they not better year in and out in both football and basketball?  You would think the only school in a wide area, would be a lot better.  Especially with those new facilities.  Same can be said for Chapman.  What prevents these programs from winning all the time?

Have you tried asking Coach Mac?  https://twitter.com/CLUCoachMac

olddog

Chapman will always draw talent given the school facilities, academics etc...However it is not easy to get into and very expensive. Similar to PS up north.
So they have to find a bunch of wealthy kids that can play and kids that are from less wealthy situations with decent grades...tough formula...to win all the time. CLU caught a couple great transfers, tipped a fg, had a skinny kid develop into a pro...since then coach Mac has not been as lucky.

(509)Rat

What prevents these programs from winning all the time?

I can think of about 70,000 reasons...

Now I know every private school offers pretty generous financial aid but that's the yearly sticker price at Chapman, for example...

astro9046

CLU & Coach Mac & staff are top shelve; however the administration there isn't football or Male sport friendly. take a look at the talent Mac and Emma bring in at the beginning of fall season and then see how many of those are there when school starts. The price is 5x times higher than every school east of California. If I could take coach Mac and staff and put them in another state and program he would be a constant winner. One of the best player coaches my son ever played for.
Best of Luck CLU and coach Mac, you're a god fearing man.
Thank you
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"