Cortland           31

Wilkes              21
Hartwick           20

Alfred               35
Thiel                10

St. Lawrence     14
Utica                45

sjfcards

Was able to watch every play of the Fisher/Buff State game today. Considering last years issues, it was a great start for Fisher. They were in control most of the day, and made the big plays when they needed to (see 3 picks in their own half of the field in the first half). The O line looks to be WAY better than last year, and the D looked good as well.

A nice start to the season for the Cards!
GO FISHER!!!

fisheralum91

The chemistry and timing looked much better today,
Don't get me wrong one win does not a season make but this is a much better performance than I saw last year!! Go cardinals!

boobyhasgameyo

LL jumped ahead of us in number of posts on their thread.  The mighty E8 has fallen.

Probably going to try and check out Fisher for the first time this season on Saturday.  I'm excited to see how they do! 

D O.C.

QuoteAlfred (1-0) over George Fox (0-1) at Alfred (NY):  The Bruins are also on the East Coach this weekend (Man...they really do try to copy everything Linfield does) as GFU is in New York facing the Alfred Saxons from the Empire 8.  Alfred is on a good run with a National Semi's appearance in 2016 and are coming off an 8-3 season last year.  They kicked off the 2019 season with a 42-0 shutout of Thiel.  On the other side the George Fox Bruins have a football team.  Fox looked bad in week 1 and especially on the offensive line.  GFU's offense is all based on the ability to run the ball, and if their line play doesn't improve, it's going to be a long year for Linfield Lite.  The Butlers knock off the Bruins.

http://catdomealumni.blogspot.com/

AUPepBand

Quote from: D O.C. on September 14, 2019, 01:04:51 AM
QuoteAlfred (1-0) over George Fox (0-1) at Alfred (NY):  The Bruins are also on the East Coach this weekend (Man...they really do try to copy everything Linfield does) as GFU is in New York facing the Alfred Saxons from the Empire 8.  Alfred is on a good run with a National Semi's appearance in 2016 and are coming off an 8-3 season last year.  They kicked off the 2019 season with a 42-0 shutout of Thiel.  On the other side the George Fox Bruins have a football team.  Fox looked bad in week 1 and especially on the offensive line.  GFU's offense is all based on the ability to run the ball, and if their line play doesn't improve, it's going to be a long year for Linfield Lite.  The Butlers knock off the Bruins.

http://catdomealumni.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the post, DOC! +k
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

sjfcards

Fisher with an ugly win today. Despite 6 turnovers, a blocked (chip shot) field goal, and a missed extra point Bridgewater State only falls to Fisher by 7. After the last few years I will take a win of any kind for Fisher, but they will need to be way better than that in the weeks ahead. The offense shows flashes with some really good athletes, but does not move the ball consistently enough. The Defense looked strong again.

2-0 is 2-0, right...
GO FISHER!!!

Bombers798891

Last week, I expressed some concern about B-Port after they got waxed by Hobart. Well, I think that concern is beyond justified. We're two weeks into the season, Port has one offensive touchdown, and their quarterback play has been staggeringly bad. A 45% completion rate, and 1/7 TD/INT ratio. The defense actually looks stout again (lost in the 33 points they allowed to Bart is the fact that three of the TDs they allowed came on drives that Hobart started in the Red Zone.) But they've now gone 7 straight quarters without scoring a point on offense, and that's just not good.

I maintain that the Cortland/Alfred winner takes the E8.

pumkinattack

RPIs QB was 54% last year.  Hellwig if he can get healthy should be better than the backup who's really an RB but he got knocked out of the Hobart game, I see came in for a series against bsU late but at least took the team to a winning season at one point in the past.  OL needs to improve rapidly, that's their problem more than the QB you can see in the games but not reflected if just looking at box scores.

Bartman

Without a successful SJF this board is crickets. First, congrats to Pep's Saxon's for beating back the western Foxes. It looks like the band could be playing for an E8 title this year. That said, I would not count out Brockport yet. The Hobart win was primarily due to an inexperienced BPort OLine, which seems to have gotten better against Fram St.. Cortland will be a serious contender and hoping to squash Joe G at Metlife the way RPI did last year. The other team the E8 should not discount is Morrisville, I was very impressed with Flatow their QB(377 yrds against Hobart) and Hall and Cooper the WRs( both 100 yard + games). They are not deep , but the first strings are very competitive. And, since SJF is now 2-0 , I expect to hear those Cardinal chirpers back on the board as they could be a factor this year.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bombers798891

Quote from: pumkinattack on September 16, 2019, 09:23:15 AM
RPIs QB was 54% last year.

Well, there's a pretty big difference between 54% and 45%.

But also, that's one of the reasons RPI needed great defense/ST teams play all year. They reminded me a lot of the 2013/2014 IC teams where the offenses were OK, but the points (and short fields) they got from defense and ST were what enabled them to win the games they might have otherwise lost (Utica, Ithaca) and get out to a good start/salt away others (Port/WPI). It's not exactly a way to make a living, so to speak

pumkinattack

Which also means they should've been in prove it more rather than 19th based solely on beating BPort last year.  Hard to replicate those results.

boobyhasgameyo

Quote from: Bartman on September 16, 2019, 03:44:52 PM
Without a successful SJF this board is crickets. First, congrats to Pep's Saxon's for beating back the western Foxes. It looks like the band could be playing for an E8 title this year. That said, I would not count out Brockport yet. The Hobart win was primarily due to an inexperienced BPort OLine, which seems to have gotten better against Fram St.. Cortland will be a serious contender and hoping to squash Joe G at Metlife the way RPI did last year. The other team the E8 should not discount is Morrisville, I was very impressed with Flatow their QB(377 yrds against Hobart) and Hall and Cooper the WRs( both 100 yard + games). They are not deep , but the first strings are very competitive. And, since SJF is now 2-0 , I expect to hear those Cardinal chirpers back on the board as they could be a factor this year.

A couple of us are still here.  It's just not as fun now that Ithaca is gone. 

Cards summed it up pretty well.  Fisher has shown flashes on both offense and defense but there is no consistency and they had more than enough penalties this past Saturday.  I think the QB is a freshman which is really cool for the future.  He has a strong arm and made a couple of long TD passes...but he isn't the most accurate QB just yet.  Overthrew open receivers a few times.  But hey, it's cool that we have a receiver that can create separation in the first place. 

If Fisher put together a consistent game where everyone was clicking then they would be a tough out against a lot of teams.  If they play like they did on Saturday against the top teams in the East then they'll probably lose somewhere in the monkey stomp territory. 

pumkinattack

Well the core doesn't have much history compared with the core LL which hurts.  SUNY B & C were NJAC for a while, had the MD schools for a bit which isn't even contiguous, Alfred and IC have longer history w the core LL schools and tor left w hatwick (which may fail), Utica and SJF.  Will probably import alfred st when the ECFC goes down).  Hard to care much about conference and that was always a consequence or cost or whatever equal access concept that created the AQ for better or worse. 

The notion of a SJF/Ic or sJF/UofR rivalry always felt very manufactured.  Not SJFs fault they did have nearly as much history, but it is what it is.  IC had been tying to move to the LL for a few years before they did and uofR had no problem dropping SJF.  Compare that w Syracuse and cornell holding onto Hobart in lacrosse and dropping other strong opponents in the last 10-20yrs in lacrosse.  Pretty evident by actions where priories lie.