FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisheralum91

Lots of thoughts on the game Saterday but the one that screams out is the run game for Fisher.
What the hell happened?
Was IC that good at run stop?
Was Fusco still dinged up?
Was our line play that bad?
Wow.

Im glad that the rest of the o was ready.
BTW- that was not a pick......saw the replay like 20 times
Ball clearly hit the ground and the announcers couldnt believe that it was called!

That said......do NOT look past wick----that O is crazy as always and this smells of trap miles away.
Im glad Fisher got a nice home win against a staunch IC defense.
I was a little troubled however when Coach K didnt have his boys ready and on point- had to burn a timeout for personnel issues...Coach Vos was livid....Rightly so...
In know there is no such thing as perfect- Hell Buffalo blew it the same way yesterday- but cmon....get the boys in locked step!

D3MAFAN

Quote from: boobyhasgameyo on October 30, 2016, 08:26:12 PM
New polls are out.  Alfred remains at #15 and Fisher is up a spot to #23.  Random thoughts and hypotheticals ahead:

If all goes as expected after this weekend (don't F this up for us Hartwick) then it should be a battle of ranked opponents to close out the E8 season. 

If Alfred wins against Utica they will likely remain at #15
Fisher will probably jump up a spot assuming East Texas Baptist loses...which they very likely will. 

If Alfred loses to Utica they will drop but not out of the top 25.  I'd wager Fisher would be ranked 21st in that scenario and Alfred would be 23rd. 

If Fisher loses against Hartwick then they had better pray Utica beats Alfred and that Brockport wins out to create a scenario where 4 teams have 2 E8 losses at the end of the season (if Fisher in turn beats Alfred).  Because if it's a 3 team tie with 2 losses - Utica, Alfred and Fisher, then it seems like Utica would earn the auto bid in that scenario. 

Personally I pray Fisher does what they should and beats down Hartwick.  If they don't win that game they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.  I also hope that Alfred is undefeated going into the final game.  If Fisher loses to Alfred in a close game then that's their strongest chance as a 2 loss Pool C at this point.

I agree with your assessment of the votes, but it also depends on he rest of the East, I think there is a chance for St. John Fisher to rise if Salisbury loses to Wesley and St. Lawrence to Hobart this upcoming weekend. I can see you moving up a tad bit more with Wesley rounding out the Top 20 and Alfred 21. I think the lower part would be a mixture of the remaining east and north teams.

82 cardinals

That was by far the worst blocking by the offensive line I've seen all year.

fisheralum91

82- It was hard to pickup on tv- if they were awful were they banged up on the line?
They were strong up until the UC game.

D3viewer

Current line of succession to title.

1. Alfred  6-0 (conf record)
2. SJF     5-1
3. Brockport 4-2 (beat Utica)
4. Utica        4-2
5. Buff St / Ithaca 3-3 (play this weekend )

sjfcards

Something about this week has me feeling uneasy. After that crazy finish last year between Fisher and Team Boltus I am sure Hartwick is looking for some pay back, and if Fisher is looking toward that AU game the following week...

Need to take care of business.
GO FISHER!!!

fisheralum91

I will NEVER look past team Boltus.
Not after the disaster I saw in Oneonta in 2007.
Coming in undefeated and high on life-Boltus and team punch us in the nose and I promise never to set foot on that campus ever again.

No- Fisher better just take care of their damn biz and move on to AU!

boobyhasgameyo

Quote from: fisheralum91 on November 02, 2016, 09:21:25 AM
I will NEVER look past team Boltus.
Not after the disaster I saw in Oneonta in 2007.
Coming in undefeated and high on life-Boltus and team punch us in the nose and I promise never to set foot on that campus ever again.

No- Fisher better just take care of their damn biz and move on to AU!

Well, I'm sure 99% of the players don't know anything about 2007 or who Boltus is for that matter...but I'd wager they are getting plenty of coach speak this week about not looking ahead to Alfred and respecting the game this week. 

Besides, like I said if they lose then they deserve whatever their playoff fate is at the end of the season.  If you can't beat Hartwick then good luck against teams like UMHB. 

fisheralum91

Boob- totally agree.
Coach Vos knows what happened in 07 and will reiterate to his boys that this is not a team to let up on.
They score in bunches and need to be stuffed.
Coach K better have a plan to stop that O---Alfred sure the hell did.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Bengalsrule

Quote from: AUPepBand on October 30, 2016, 10:40:04 PM
Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 30, 2016, 09:13:06 PM
Quote from: pg04 on October 29, 2016, 03:58:41 PM
Congrats to Pep and all the Saxon fans. 3 quarters of the game was good. Brockport couldn't do anything in the 4th and kept shooting themselves in the foot in various ways. Alfred has some very talented players for sure. Interested to see if they can make it to the end of the season undefeated!

Count me in on cheering for the Saxons to go undefeated also!

Pep is thinking back to opening day when the Saxons had their hands full with Husson (now 7-1) in a 35-28 win. That game was preceded by probably the most incredible experience Pep has had at a football game....and that was seeing Julio Fuentes walk off the same field that ten years prior required the utmost of care in removing him from the field and to the hospital (the longest fifteen minutes of Pep's life as a football fan).

Pep doesn't know whether the Saxons going undefeated this season could top Julio's Walk, but Pep would be okay if somehow that happened so he could know for sure.  ;)

Plus k there Pep!!!

D3viewer

Saturday, November 5
1:00 PM
Brockport State @ Morrisville State
Hartwick @ St. John Fisher
Buffalo State @ Ithaca
Alfred @ Utica

BYE : Cortland.

magicman

Quote from: AUPepBand on October 30, 2016, 10:40:04 PM
Pep is thinking back to opening day when the Saxons had their hands full with Husson (now 7-1) in a 35-28 win. That game was preceded by probably the most incredible experience Pep has had at a football game....and that was seeing Julio Fuentes walk off the same field that ten years prior required the utmost of care in removing him from the field and to the hospital (the longest fifteen minutes of Pep's life as a football fan).

Pep doesn't know whether the Saxons going undefeated this season could top Julio's Walk, but Pep would be okay if somehow that happened so he could know for sure.  ;)

Hey Pep,

Thanks for posting the link to Julio's Walk. That was an impressive moment. What an amazing person he is. There are several ways to approach an accident like that and how it affects your life. Julio chose the most positive path and one can only admire his courage. That same thing can be said for his fiancee who has continued to stay by his side. I hope they have many happy years together. 8-)

I hope Alfred continues their fine season and goes undefeated. :)

fisheralum91

D3viewer- the Fisher Wick game was moved up to noon to accommodate the E8 field hockey championships.

fisheralum91

I have been checking the game notes for Fisher vs. Wick.

I hate games like this- stinks of trap!

Paper shows mismatch but head tells me otherwise.