Pool B

Started by Ralph Turner, October 01, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Trying to figure out Pool B, even as the NCAA seems to have changed it this week.

MASCAC-9
SAA -7
SCAC - 4   (Austin College, Southwestern, Texas Lutheran, Trinity)
UAA -2    (Wash U, Chicago)
Independents - 2  (Wesley, Maranatha Baptist)

I count 24 Pool B teams.

Access Ratio.  I count 206 full members in 24 conferences = 8.58  (the access ratio).

24 Pool B teams divided 8.58 = 2.8 bids,  truncated to 2 bids.

Pat Coleman

That's how we had it too. I hope that the NCAA has it the same way. That would save us a lot of work this week. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

They tend not to round up.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CruFrenzy

Does anyone know any specifics on the ESPN situation this year? I know last year the semi-finals were on espn3 and re-broadcasted on ESPNU a little later. Any chance this year that maybe the semi-finals could make it to LIVE broadcast?
2016, 2018 & 2021 National Champions :)

hickory_cornhusker

Quote from: Ralph Turner on November 01, 2014, 09:44:42 PM
Trying to figure out Pool B, even as the NCAA seems to have changed it this week.

MASCAC-9
SAA -7

I count 24 Pool B teams.

Access Ratio.  I count 206 full members in 24 conferences = 8.58  (the access ratio).

If they still have Nebraska Wesleyan and Presentation (as an independent) that would give us 26 teams and 3 Pool B's

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hickory_cornhusker on November 02, 2014, 11:43:31 AM

MASCAC-9
SAA -7

I count 24 Pool B teams.

If they still have Nebraska Wesleyan and Presentation (as an independent) that would give us 26 teams and 3 Pool B's
That occurrence would remind me of the old Army acronym, SNAFU.

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Pat Coleman

Quote from: hickory_cornhusker on November 02, 2014, 11:43:31 AM

MASCAC-9
SAA -7

I count 24 Pool B teams.

Well, Presentation gives scholarships and is a member of the NAIA so even if they do have it that way it will get fixed.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wally_wabash

Quote from: CruFrenzy on November 01, 2014, 11:06:31 PM
Does anyone know any specifics on the ESPN situation this year? I know last year the semi-finals were on espn3 and re-broadcasted on ESPNU a little later. Any chance this year that maybe the semi-finals could make it to LIVE broadcast?

I believe the championship manual says that the semifinals will be on an ESPN platform and the start times of those games are subject to change from the standard noon local time should ESPN decide as much. 

As far as the D3 semifinals getting broadcast live on any of their major networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) I would doubt it.  Between FCS playoffs that they air and college hoops (that's actually a pretty sweet Saturday of college basketball games now that I look at it), I don't think the D3 playoffs are going to make it.  Getting them from the Watch app is still pretty nice.  It's the only time all year you'll get to actually see a Mount Union home game live without having to be in Alliance. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

From what I have been told, the status remains the same... ESPN will broadcast the semifinals in some manner (ESPN3, ESPN2, ESPNU) depending on what else is on their schedule. The title game will be on ESPNU Friday night.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

wesleydad

Who gets the second pool B bid?  Are Tex Luth and Framingham the front runners?  Does Centre have a chance with the low SOS?  Could this be a first in some time where an undefeated team does not get in the Tounrament?  Would be a shame in my opinion.

smedindy

If Centre doesn't get a "B" they'll probably get a "C". TLU may be in as good of shape as Framingham.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: smedindy on November 09, 2014, 07:03:39 PM
If Centre doesn't get a "B" they'll probably get a "C". TLU may be in as good of shape as Framingham.

Framingham State needs Rowan to win the NJAC and become RR at the end of this week.

jknezek

An undefeated Centre is going to get that second "B". I can't imagine the committee wanting to leave an undefeated team out, and it's not like Centre is an unknown commodity.

TLU02SA

Quote from: jknezek on November 10, 2014, 09:16:00 AM
An undefeated Centre is going to get that second "B". I can't imagine the committee wanting to leave an undefeated team out, and it's not like Centre is an unknown commodity.

I think you may be right.  If you look at both polls, Centre is ranked higher than TLU (I am basing this on last week's AFCA poll as this week's is not out yet and I don't see that changing with both winning this last Saturday).  Can anyone explain to me who votes on the Regional Rankings?