MBB: Midwest Conference

Started by siwash, February 10, 2005, 01:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobucs

Beloit is playing in Huntington Beach, California over New Years, those 2 games are not on the schedule.  Great to have some sizeable recruits.  I saw Horton play in high school, and he should take a starting spot, probably over Fieck. He's big, wide and pretty athletic.  Will be good to have some reliable, talented bench come in.  Last couple years, the bench was pretty bare! Hinz will be a recordbreaker at Beloit this year.  Don't think he would've done that at any WIAC schools, and he's going there cheaper than at a state school.

"The Roop"

I saw the Huntington trip on the womens schedule so it's not surprising that the men are going too.

Size and depth will definitely help. Injuries pretty much made them a 7 man team the second half last year and two of those 7 are gone now. Hopefully some others can put up some points so Hinz won't be the focus of opposing defenses. I'd like to see him get 2000 for his career. MWC tournament and NCAAs are probably too much to ask for this year however.

jeff p

Looks like we will have our first head-to-head system game on November 22 when MacMurray comes to Grinnell College for a game. Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

Also heard that Grinnell may play the Australian National "Under 20" team in an exhibition game Thanksgiving weekend. This comes from the fella that books the Austalian teams into the US (a Grinnell native). He is very excited about the possibility and expects a very high scoring game.

Dolph Stanley

Word from some in the know is that this is a "make or break" year at Beloit.  Very highly thought of coach may be waiting in the wings.

"The Roop"

Dolph Stanley

No, though that would be an interesting choice and he shoulbe available at the end of this year

"The Roop"

He wouldn't stay long even if he did. I think he'll have a D1 job in his very near future.

Dolph Stanley

Roop,

If we are talking about the same person then I assume you mean a low level assistant job at a D1 school.  I would be stunned to see him follow one of his players so I'm not sure where he would end up.  He certainly has the "basketball mind" for D1

Titan 2000

Sal Bando is not going to be coaching Division 1 basketball.  Roop, you know better than that.

"The Roop"

Establishing a "program philosophy" really isn't required in high school if you ask me. However, it sounds like something that would look good on a coaching resume if someone was looking to find their way into the college ranks. Having restored a struggling team to prominence in only 3 years doesn't look bad on a coaching resume either.

Dolph Stanley

We might be talking about a different SB.  The one I am thinking of has been in place longer than three years though the major success has come recently.

The original name I heard mentioned is much more widely known.

"The Roop"

Dolph,

The email in your profile doesn't work but mine does. Tell me who your "SB" is. I've lived away from the Beloit area for so long that I doubt I will know who your SB is anyway.

Dolph Stanley

Roop,

The SB I was speaking of could hit a good 3 wood (if he golfs) and land near the BC campus (providing he clears the river.

"The Roop"

OK, I think we might be talking about the same SB again.

Titan 2000