BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AppletonRocks

Quote from: ShineTime on December 13, 2016, 05:37:04 PM
I would sure hope so because if they plan on winning the wiac with the same group they had last year they are dreaming. I feel almost every position should be up for grab other than perhaps short.  I realize the pitching staff could be dominant but u still need to put up 4 or more per game regardless to win in the wiac

I have not been counting on them to win the WIAC.  In fact, it didn't even enter my mind. Too much time spent following the Lechnir story at Oshkosh. 
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

badgerwarhawk

UW-WHITEWATER selected to host 2017 Midwest Regional
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Baseball Geek

The announcement says the Midwest Regional will be either a 6 or 8-team format. Has it been 6 teams in recent history?

badgerwarhawk

Just Bill

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on January 09, 2017, 09:45:07 AM
Yes

It's been both when we have hosted.

The tournament has expanded a couple of teams since Whitewater last hosted. The last two Midwest Regionals (hosted by UWL) had eight teams. Last year, there were 4 six-team regionals and 4 eight-team regionals. It really depends on the geographic location of who qualifies. So, could go either way.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Just Bill

The WIAC has found an affiliate member for baseball to make it a seven-team league again, beginning in 2018...

http://www.wiacsports.com/news/2017/1/9/BB_0109172736.aspx

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

badgerwarhawk

BigPoppa

Will Illinois Tech be competitive in the WIAC? This has the feeling of a Power Five football school scheduling a cupcake early in the season to build its resume. Maybe I am wrong, but Illinois Tech doesn't feel like a good match in the WIAC.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Just Bill

Quote from: BigPoppa on January 10, 2017, 08:45:38 AM
Will Illinois Tech be competitive in the WIAC? This has the feeling of a Power Five football school scheduling a cupcake early in the season to build its resume. Maybe I am wrong, but Illinois Tech doesn't feel like a good match in the WIAC.
It's not a good match, it's just mutually convenient. WIAC needs a seventh team to keep their AQ, IIT needs any kind of conference affiliation they can get to increase their legitimacy as they grow their athletics program. WIAC did the same thing a few years ago when they added Finlandia for men's soccer.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Just Bill on January 10, 2017, 10:13:19 AM
Quote from: BigPoppa on January 10, 2017, 08:45:38 AM
It's not a good match, it's just mutually convenient. WIAC needs a seventh team to keep their AQ, IIT needs any kind of conference affiliation they can get to increase their legitimacy as they grow their athletics program. WIAC did the same thing a few years ago when they added Finlandia for men's soccer.

Adding a cupcake school to any conference just hurts the SOS and makes the AQ harder.  Hopefully Illinois Tech will improve with the competition.

badgerwarhawk

It isn't like there are other programs standing in line and beating down our doors to join.  We need a seventh team to maintain our AQ though I don't know that it's as important in baseball as it is in some other sports.  Illinois Tech isn't a good match but they're willing.  If Saint Scholastica, for example, had been willing I'm pretty sure we would have welcomed them. 

BigPoppa

CSS would be a great fit for baseball, but why would they WANT to join if they can win the UMAC 17 straight seasons and gain that bid?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: BigPoppa on January 17, 2017, 09:26:56 AM
CSS would be a great fit for baseball, but why would they WANT to join if they can win the UMAC 17 straight seasons and gain that bid?

I can't think of a single good reason they'd want to join the WIAC.  My point, essentially, is that Ill Tech isn't a good fit but at this point we'll take what we can get. 

cubs

Hmmm....  Those names look familiar from a different legal matter at UWO.  Looks like the Alumni Stadium ordeal might just have been the tip of the iceberg?

http://wbay.com/2017/01/18/uw-system-board-of-regents-suing-former-uw-oshkosh-leaders/
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

TitanDoubles

Quote from: cubs on January 18, 2017, 03:29:33 PM
Hmmm....  Those names look familiar from a different legal matter at UWO.  Looks like the Alumni Stadium ordeal might just have been the tip of the iceberg?

http://wbay.com/2017/01/18/uw-system-board-of-regents-suing-former-uw-oshkosh-leaders/
http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/759564/08-14-13-lechnir-statement.pdf

Did anyone else catch this from back in November? Shortly after Dorsey stepped down from the Track and Field programs at UWO, the UWO Track and Field Twitter account tweeted out that link. The tweet has since been deleted but some saved the link.