University Athletic Association

Started by Dr.Fager, March 03, 2005, 02:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Fager

I stayed in town for NYU's ECAC rather than make the long trip up to Bowdoin for what I hoped would be an "uneventful" victory. I'm not sure if the UAA was very strong this year, but NYU did show some flashes of the team I thought they might be. Improvement was shown over the past four games and I expect them to improve next year on the defensive end. I didn't think that much of Wesleyan, but the NESCAC has 3 teams in the Sweet 16. That silly selection system may have gotten it right.

yellstoomuch

Wesleyan was 20-4 for the regular season, and all losses were in conference. They beat Emmanuel 76-58, who then went out at beat Bowdoin. They now play Springfield, who Wesleyan beat 74-53. What is the basis for you not thinking much of Wesleyan?

Pat Coleman

Allen,

That is not an official Webcast of NCAASports.com. The NCAA merely granted rights and linked to it.  

There are official Webcasts of NCAASports.com, but you have to listen to them and hear them billed as broadcasts of NCAASports.com. That broadcast you referenced was an official Webcast of KWUR. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

J Phillips

Well the WHOLOGINS are undefeated this year, we will start off the season next year and go the entire campaign without a loss! NYU NYU NYU

Allen M. Karon

To J Phillips--

Why weren't the Whologins present when NYU played Baruch back in December?  I can't believe how crazy you are!  All Salem State (MA) Viking fans do is paint their faces green, wear Viking helmets, and wave their big college flags all over the place, and that is tame!  http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

PS-- Note the second round NCAA attendance figures.  Only Scranton's second round game came close to matching the Brandeis at NYU attendance figure from the previous weekend.  http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Dr.Fager

YellsTooMuch asked why I didn't think much of Wesleyan. I was at the game when Bowdoin beat them by 16 (58-42). Wesleyan didn't seem to put up much of a fight and the game was on their home court. They aren't big and they aren't fast, but then again they're in the NESCAC so I'm guess I underestimated them.

bearswatcher

OH "then again they are in the NESCAC"  

ASSSSSSWHOLE

Dr.Fager

I feel sort of foolish responding to Bearswatcher's stupid remark, but just for the record, I'm a big fan of UAA ball and have watched them far more than I've seen the NESCAC. But obviously if the NESCAC has 3 teams in the final 16 and the UAA has nought, the NESCAC might have played better ball this year.

Winger

Pat ......What about  Bearwatcher's comment....Is this type of thing allowed.....

Pat Coleman

bearswatcher

winger

your problem is exactly what

Pat Coleman

The problem is the last word of your post from 10:32 Sunday night. Keep it in mind for future posts, please.

bearswatcher

Sorry to all,  

won't happen again, BUT...

martin

Nice to see Aaron Roussell get the job at Chicago.  I thought his age - he is 25 or 26 - might be held against him.  He and Molly Parrott deserved consideration for UAA Coaching Staff of the Year.  Roussell came to Hyde Park in September as an assistant.  Three weeks later, the head coach (Jen Kroll) left for St. Lawrence.  Roussell was thrust into the head coaching role.  He scrambled and found Molly Parrott to be an assistant.  

The Maroons got off to a slow start.  But they kept improving and became a force to be reckoned with in the UAA.  To the surprise of many, the UAA turned into a four team race.

Brandeis and Chicago will be the favorites in the 2005-6 season.  It is dangerous to count out Wash U since the Bears do not rebuild - they reload.  But the Judges and Maroons have everyone back.  For Brandeis, that includes Caitlin Malcolm (UAA 1st team), Jaime Capra and Christine Clancy (both UAA 2nd team), and Andrea DeMartino (UAA hon.men.).  Chicago's returnees include Susie Gutowski and Korry Schwanz (UAA 1st team) and Janae Winner and Nofi Mojidi (UAA hon.men.).

I think we are in for a very exciting season.
Crescat scientia; vita excolatur.
Even a blind man knows when the sun is shining.

bearswatcher

we loaded up....BIG TIME RECRUITING CLASS....back on top