MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopeConvert

Quote from: realist on March 12, 2012, 04:14:20 PM
Congrats to those 4 individuals.  I am sure each of them would give up any personal award to still be playing this weekend.  I expect to see DK,and CV on the final teams when they are announced.

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'"

Dang. But congratulations to those fine players and coaches.
One Mississippi, Two Mississippi...

NCF

Quote from: HopeConvert on March 12, 2012, 06:03:43 PM
Congrats to those 4 individuals.  I am sure each of them would give up any personal award to still be playing this weekend.  I expect to see DK,and CV on the final teams when they are announced.

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'"

1.That is so true!! 2. Your "picture" is just a little creepy. :)
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Roundball999

Found this yutube video of fans cheering during a timeout in the Hope-IWU game.  What a fabulous environment for small college basketball, great job by the Hope community.  Even more props to IWU for pulling off the win in the face of this kind of support for the home team.  But the IWU fan section, seen sitting behind the IWU bench, also did a great job too in making a lot of noise in support of their team throughout the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEuAYQ3q7kw

sac

Quote from: newcardfan on March 12, 2012, 06:11:11 PM

You should see 'Dutch' in person.  :)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: sac on March 12, 2012, 07:19:55 PM

Yep.  I think they modeled him after sac! ;D

wwjjdd

I just found out that Hope is increasing its data bandwidth to five times its current rate.  Bandwidth rates for the fall semester have yet to be determined.  This is a good omen for those who have wished that Hope provide video of basketball games.  I am not saying the will to provide video is there, but at least now the bandwidth is.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber, Founder, Faber College, 1904

sac

Quote from: wwjjdd on March 12, 2012, 08:51:00 PM
I just found out that Hope is increasing its data bandwidth to five times its current rate.  Bandwidth rates for the fall semester have yet to be determined.  This is a good omen for those who have wished that Hope provide video of basketball games.  I am not saying the will to provide video is there, but at least now the bandwidth is.

sac

This post is in the interest of interesting finishes.

Colorado Class 5A State Championship game.  Chaparral v Arapahoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPiRig6sYJo&feature=player_embedded

mactitan

Quote from: Roundball999 on March 12, 2012, 07:10:58 PM
Found this yutube video of fans cheering during a timeout in the Hope-IWU game.  What a fabulous environment for small college basketball, great job by the Hope community.  Even more props to IWU for pulling off the win in the face of this kind of support for the home team.  But the IWU fan section, seen sitting behind the IWU bench, also did a great job too in making a lot of noise in support of their team throughout the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEuAYQ3q7kw
That is a great clip. I knew that arena was impressive, but Wow - what an atmosphere.  Those are two of the best DIII fan bases in the nation.  I was at the Final Four when the Hope women came to the Shirk Center.  I hope our Titan ladies are supported as well up in Holland.  I also remember the 1997 Final Four in Salem when Hope and IWU made up about 80% of the fans.  It was great when the Hope fans started to support the Titans in our semifinal against Rowan. I know I was one of many disappointed Titan fans that pulled for Hope in the championship that year.  It was a pretty cool temporary midwestern alliance.  I was new to the DIII world at the time (a freshman at IWU), and had no idea just how unique those two programs were.

(Just for fun, fans here might like my 2012 Mascot Bracket, picking the DI tournament bracket based on which mascot would win in a fight.  I've got Michigan State in the Final Four http://fatpastor.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/the-2012-mascot-bracket/)
Love God. Live Well. Do Good. http://fatpastor.me

Knight2Day

Quote from: sac on March 12, 2012, 09:00:52 PM
This post is in the interest of interesting finishes.

Colorado Class 5A State Championship game.  Chaparral v Arapahoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPiRig6sYJo&feature=player_embedded

Calvin grad Brad Jansen is an assistant coach on the Arapahoe bench. Former Knight Andy Draayer just helped win Denver Christian win a state title in the 2A class under coach Dick Katte.

NCF

I think I'll take a pass ;D ;D ;D ;D
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

gohope

Quote from: newcardfan on March 12, 2012, 10:50:32 PM

I think I'll take a pass ;D ;D ;D ;D

If that's your response, so much for living a FULL life.......!!!!!!!!!!   :D

There's always the opportunity of adding this to your "Bucket" list!!! :)

Flying Dutch Fan

Quote from: ziggy on March 12, 2012, 03:54:49 PM
Good year for the MIAA - David Krombeen named d3hoops Great Lakes Player of the Year on the Men's side, Carissa Verkaik gets the same honor on the Women's side. Matt Neil GL coach of the year, Nate Snuggerud also first teamer.

The NABC has also released their All-District (that's what they call it) teams and coaches.  David Krombeen is the Great Lakes POY, Nate Snuggerud is on the second team, and Matt Neil is the Great Lakes Coach of the Year.  Link below to a copy of the press release:

http://www.godiplomats.com/sports/m-baskbl/2011-12/files/2012_NABC_Division_III_All-District_Teams_and_Coaches.docx
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

ziggy

David Krombeen will play in the All-Star event that replaced the consolation game in Salem. I believe he is the third MIAA player to participate, following John Mantel and Michael McClary.

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2012/03/all-star-rosters-announced

Flying Dutch Fan

Some pretty awesome and well deserved recognitions for David. 

I was just looking again at his career stats as well as Hope's all-time stats and noticed that there are only 2 players in Hope's history to reach:

1000+ points
400+ assists
200+ steals
400+ rebounds

Those players are Joel Holstege and David Krombeen.  In fact Holstege and Krombeen are 1-2 in Assists and Steals.  Most impressive to me for these point guards, is that they rebounded so well (Krombeen is in the top 10 all-time for defensive rebounds).
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight