MBB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by joe smith, February 11, 2005, 03:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Congratulations to Bethany's Matt and Mike Drahos on making the "Faces in the Crowd", page 32 of the February 27th issue.

David Collinge

Here's how I see the final regional rankings, assuming I have recalculated the QoWI correctly:

1. Wittenberg (20-3, QoWI 10.652)
2. Hope (17-2, 10.211)
3. Baldwin-Wallace (22-4, 10.077)
4. Wooster (21-3, 10.042)
5. Carnegie Mellon (15-4, 10.474)
6. Calvin (13-2, 9.750)
---------------------------
7. Lake Erie (18-4, 9.682)
8. Bethany (20-4, 9.417)
9. Ohio Northern (17-6, 9.130)
10. Albion (12-4, 9.125)

Pool C candidates shown in boldface; Pool B candidate shown in italics.

big_daddy

Congrats to the Drahos kids for being named to the All-Region team but explain how Matt Drahos (POY in the PAC this year) gets 3rd team and his brother Mike made the 2nd team?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: big_daddy on March 15, 2006, 09:51:27 AM
Congrats to the Drahos kids for being named to the All-Region team but explain how Matt Drahos (POY in the PAC this year) gets 3rd team and his brother Mike made the 2nd team?

Probably because the SID's outside the Pres AC had a different opinion? :)

big_daddy

Ralph,

If by your reply, you where posting a smart-azz reply, then so be it. But................

I contend the SID's didn't know the difference between the two and got them mixed up. Matt clearly had the better season between the two THIS YEAR with numerous Player of the Week and the POY awards in the PAC.

In previous years the opposite was true. I think most voters didn't know the difference between #13 & #31, they where just picking names off a piece of paper.

Pat Coleman

The notes on each clearly say which is the PAC player of the year and which isn't.  :-\
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bishopsfan

Does anyone know who is going to be hired for the head coaching job at Washington and Jefferson? 
Go Bishops!!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

gccfan

Any news about the PAC this year?  It doesn't seem like anyone is posting.  I played at GCC, but am now down in Texas so I don't get to see any games.  Who are the best players in the league this year with the Drahos' graduating?

diehardfan

Just thought I'd try... ;D

Hey guys, we're collecting previews for each team in the tourney on one of the multiregional boards. If I get them by Friday I may even be able to stick them in one document for people to peruse. A fun little tourney resource of sorts. Would someone here be willing to do one for Westminster? Thanks!

http://www.d3sports.com/post/index.php?topic=5147.0
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

David Collinge

Oops...too late.  :(

Westminster led pretty much the whole game, but comes up a bit short in the end, 87-83, at JCU.

Toph

Congrats to Westminster on a great run.  You gave us a scare.   :o

RO_24

I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about Westminster.  I know they made a run last year, but was wondering what they have retunring this year and how they are expected to finish in the PAC.

Thanks

David Collinge

Congratulations to Washington & Jefferson on winning the Al Van Wie Rotary Classic at Wooster.  The Presidents knocked off two ranked teams, first #21 Wooster 72-70 on their home court, then #14 Randolph-Macon 71-64, a game in which the Presidents never trailed.  It was a very impressive weekend, and W&J fans should be quite proud of their team.